Options

Unpopular Opinions

1303132333436»

Comments

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    SEACIDE said:
    That’s someone with a fairly superficial understanding of the constitution. 

Not surprising, given that he says he “hates politics”. Sure, if you hate politics, don’t talk about politics. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    SEACIDE said:

Not surprising, given that he says he “hates politics”. Sure, if you hate politics, don’t talk about politics. 
    And of course, in the comments section on the article he is praised for being a "smart man." :weary:
  • Options
    SEACIDE said:

And of course, in the comments section on the article he is praised for being a "smart man." :weary:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    You guys stil arguing about whether something is garland or not?

I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    LowlightLowlight Plymouth, MA Posts: 100
    You guys stil arguing about whether something is garland or not?

Thanks for keeping 'em honest.
    Detroit 10-7-00 Buffalo 5-2-03 Boston 7-2-03 Camden 7-6-03 Boston 7-11-03 Boston 5-25-06 Camden 5-27-06 Hartford 6-27-08 Boston 6-28-08 Boston 6-30-08 Hartford 5-15-10 Boston 5-17-10 Chicago 7-19-13 Brooklyn 10-18-13 Brooklyn 10-19-13 Hartford 10-25-13 Moline 10-17-14 St. Paul 10-19-14 Milwaukee 10-20-14 Boston 8-5-16 Boston 8-7-16 Chicago 8-20-16 Chicago 8-22-16 Seattle 8-8-18 Boston 9-2-18 Boston 9-4-18
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,765
    SEACIDE said:

Stand behind the stripes
    There will be order, so give it a good mind
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    vaggar99 said:
    the band should stop releasing a holiday single on vinyl.  its pretty much a joke at this point.  its rarely anything worth getting excited about (or anything we have not already heard).  it can't be all that cheap to have these made. seems like a waste of effort and at this point, the band just does it out of tradition.  also, vinyl is a generally inconvenient format that really needs to die.
    i guess they agree.
  • Options
    Unpopular opinion -- THEY SHOULD KEEP THE FANCLUB SINGLE!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    i'm slightly bummed at this announcement.  not because i really get excited about.  but, it seems a very clear gesture that the band is moving solidly into nostalgia territory.
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:
    i'm slightly bummed at this announcement.  not because i really get excited about.  but, it seems a very clear gesture that the band is moving solidly into nostalgia territory.
    I remember when the Vs/Vitalogy re-release came out, Jeff was asked if there will be one for No Code/Yield and he replied that he wasn't sure because that last thing they want is to be a nostalgia band. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:
    I remember when the Vs/Vitalogy re-release came out, Jeff was asked if there will be one for No Code/Yield and he replied that he wasn't sure because that last thing they want is to be a nostalgia band. 
    i also remember him saying around the time of Riot Act/Avocado that the band still has its best work in them.  Their "jazz opus"
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:
    vaggar99 said:
    i also remember him saying around the time of Riot Act/Avocado that the band still has its best work in them.  Their "jazz opus"
    So he was wrong on two counts lol

As for the "nostalgia" thing, that's actually okay with me. If they just want to do a show here and show there and play all the old songs, I'll still buy a ticket. I'd rather that than them trying to put together an album when they don't seem to have it in them anymore. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    They discontinue something they haven't been able to fulfill for years and suddenly it's "the end of their career."  Good grief you all are dramatic.
  • Options
    They discontinue something they haven't been able to fulfill for years and suddenly it's "the end of their career."  Good grief you all are dramatic.
    eh, just expressing our frustration.  i think we all realize that this sort thing was inevitable.
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:
    eh, just expressing our frustration.  i think we all realize that this sort thing was inevitable.
    True, and I was one of the ones most vocal with frustration about the single.  I get that, totally!  But the band isn't breaking up.
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:
    True, and I was one of the ones most vocal with frustration about the single.  I get that, totally!  But the band isn't breaking up.
    who knows? maybe they will surprise and start giving us some actual real new music yearly in the form of a digital download?  Wishful thinking, i know.   
  • Options
    Release a song that is catchy. Not boring and stupid type catchy, but stuck in my head for weeks because of a great hook (plays Blues Traveler) and I can’t stop singing type catchy. 

I love the deep lyrics and the buildups, as I feel most people here do, so I think this may be unpopular? This description probably doesn’t even make sense outside of my own head lol. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    vaggar99 said:
    vaggar99 said:
    So he was wrong on two counts lol

As for the "nostalgia" thing, that's actually okay with me. If they just want to do a show here and show there and play all the old songs, I'll still buy a ticket. I'd rather that than them trying to put together an album when they don't seem to have it in them anymore. 
    rethinking my nostalgia comment.  maybe a little over the top and perhaps ironic considering that vinyl is essentially a nostalgia format.  

sounds like a new album is in the works and I choose to be optimistic here.  

i haven't seen a live show since 2010 :(  which is very strange for me to think about.  before that i'd seen them in one form or another pretty much once a year or more for the previous 12 or so years.  I think a good live show would get me back into the swing.  I really do miss the full blown tours where they covered most every region.