Do you like the film Scarface?

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Ferris Bueller is a shallow little Reagan Youth snot. If he were an actual human, he likely would’ve been one of the players behind the Great Recession. Selfish, capitalist twat who thought he was above the law. The Nurse Who Likes to Fuck probably has more depth than Ferris. 

Cameron is the true hero of Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. He’s really the only character with an arc. Unfortunately, it’s not a great one—commits grand theft auto and willful destruction of property and thinks it gives him a right to gripe to his father about not being loved, when, by all appearances, dad has set him and his family up quite well—but he’s portrayed with enough pathos that I can somewhat root for him. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Fast Times > everything 
    No no and no. 
    Want some ice for that wine? :tongue:
    Lol. Nice one. 
    I ve never seen the big Lebowski, is it worth watching?
    From its place in film history, take a guess.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Fast Times > everything 
    No no and no. 
    Lol. Nice one. 
    Shut the fuck up, Scruffy!
    From your reaction I guess I should watch it.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    Poncier said:
    Get_Right said:
    Poncier said:
    Get_Right said:
    Teen movie?  How about Over the Edge. First time I heard Van Halen and allegedly influenced the video for smells like teen spirit.
    Underrated and overlooked movie.
    It has not aged very well, but that movie had a big impact on me. It was played a lot on HBO when cable TV arrived in our home.
    Same here, remember watching it repeatedly on The Movie Channel when I was a kid.
    Hearing Surrender and You Really Got Me always takes me back to that time. That film probably contributed to some early marijuana use and teen defiance in our house!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    It has John Goodman in it, of course it's worth watching!
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    dankind said:
    Ferris Bueller is a shallow little Reagan Youth snot. If he were an actual human, he likely would’ve been one of the players behind the Great Recession. Selfish, capitalist twat who thought he was above the law. The Nurse Who Likes to Fuck probably has more depth than Ferris. 

Cameron is the true hero of Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. He’s really the only character with an arc. Unfortunately, it’s not a great one—commits grand theft auto and willful destruction of property and thinks it gives him a right to gripe to his father about not being loved, when, by all appearances, dad has set him and his family up quite well—but he’s portrayed with enough pathos that I can somewhat root for him. 

Did you see it in the cinema?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • It has John Goodman in it, of course it's worth watching!
    Even better, John Goodman in a Coen Brothers film.

Not only is this a bad interview, but you can also see what it's like to have Alice in Wonderland Syndrome. Enjoy!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCxvWmCxRlI#action=share
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Fast Times > everything 
    No no and no. 
    Lol. Nice one. 
    You’ve never listened to Led Zeppelin and you’ve never watched The Big Lebowski.

You're half a man.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926

• HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    See the source image
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Fast Times > everything 
    No no and no. 
    Lol. Nice one. 
    You’ve never listened to Led Zeppelin and you’ve never watched The Big Lebowski.

You're half a man.
    Hmm, I think Scruffy may be a replicant. 

It's a hopeless situation...
  • Hey! I bet Scruffy knows the shit out of some Barry White. Huh, Scruffy? 
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    edited December 2018
    Back to teen movies, how would you rank Red Dawn? I ask, because I've only seen parts of it.
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • And The Outsiders? 
  • Someone tell OffSheGoes those two movies were really good back in the day when we didn't know any better, but haven't aged well.

Typically speaking, 80s movies were pretty goofy despite several dramas that encompassed the social climate very well (movies like Revenge of the Nerds... Back to School... or Zapped).
  • Someone tell OffSheGoes those two movies were really good back in the day when we didn't know any better, but haven't aged well.

Typically speaking, 80s movies were pretty goofy despite several dramas that encompassed the social climate very well (movies like Revenge of the Nerds... Back to School... or Zapped).
    Someone ask thirty what was the last movie that almost made him cry. 
    ^^^ Maybe you two should get together and make-up by watching when Harry Met Sally...
  • He called me a buffoon, just like he calls Trump a buffoon. Do you think he would watch a romantic comedy with Donald Trump? Even if it is one of the top three romantic comedies of all time.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    C. Thomas Howell movies were mediocre at best. Shame what Hollywood did to SE Hinton novels.
    Someone tell OffSheGoes those two movies were really good back in the day when we didn't know any better, but haven't aged well.

Revenge of the Nerds = Classic 
    bbiggs said:
    Someone tell OffSheGoes those two movies were really good back in the day when we didn't know any better, but haven't aged well.

Such an innocuous little rape scene in that one. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    bbiggs said:

Such an innocuous little rape scene in that one. 
    “You’re that nerd!” 
  • He called me a buffoon, just like he calls Trump a buffoon. Do you think he would watch a romantic comedy with Donald Trump? Even if it is one of the top three romantic comedies of all time.
    Hey I never called ‘you’ a buffoon. I tongue in cheek called ‘everybody’ buffoons who didn’t catch the ‘Is it safe’ reference from Marathon Man (in light of the dentist scene that Hedo brought up from that very movie).

I’m actually a weeping fool during some movies. My kids used to spin around and look at me anytime things got emotional in movies we were watching together.

Off the top of my head... The Judge and Big Fish had me welling up.

So there.
    See the source image
  • Who wouldn't get teary-eyed when watching Big Fish? 

C'mon Hobbes. Admit it! Don't give me that "only Brian's Song" bullshit.
  • You cried when Mufasa died in Lion King...don't lie.
    See the source image
    edited December 2018
    I have never seen The Lion King. :i_dunno:
    Aye-yi-yi. Were you locked in a basement in the 90's? You and Scruffy may need to get together to watch the essentials. Stock up on ice first though.
    The only movie that I come close to crying in is Almost Famous. That “Tiny Dancer” gets to me, goddamn it. 

The Prince episode of black-ish devastated me as well. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM