Jamily member "neenerbean" in a serious car accident - GoFundme

Comments

• Sending love and energy. Amy was a founding member of the Stoney G fan club way back. 
  • SEACIDESEACIDE Posts: 410
    yahamita said:
    Todays update from her husband: Amy quite breathing on her own,  but staying positive saying her body needs to heal. She is a fighter! A Gofundme is in the process of being set up to cover ICU and care costs. Her young daughter PJ is needing her moma to pull through. Will keep you updated as soon as I hear anything.
    Please do keep the updates coming ... a gofundme link when it becomes available por favor.
    Love is all you need.....
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    :prayer:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 782
    If there was ever a reason for Go Fund Me to exist, it would be something like this.  Let's keep this thread up at the top for this holiday season and all try to give what we can!
  • mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 782
    Bump.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Amy update: Thank you again so much for all your support. Not much change neurologically yet. Today she’s getting a PEG procedure which places a small tube in her stomach to make feeding easier for her. The Doc says she’s doing great from a health/stability standpoint.
    I miss igotid88
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    igotid88 said:
    Amy update: Thank you again so much for all your support. Not much change neurologically yet. Today she’s getting a PEG procedure which places a small tube in her stomach to make feeding easier for her. The Doc says she’s doing great from a health/stability standpoint.
    Does she have brain activity? I know she's in a coma, as long as there's activity her brain is hopefully just mending. I hate to see these things happen to people. 

How was she eating before if she isn't awake, just IV nutrition? A feeding tube makes absolute sense then. She looks so young in the picture. :frowning:
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    Thoughts continue to be w/ Amy bump
  • *bump*
    Saw on fb that she is starting to open her eyes
    I miss igotid88
    that is fantastic!!
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Wishing everything positive for this situation.  Every time I open this thread I’m reminded how fragile life is. Just be safe out there everyone, and keep your loved ones safe too.  Get better soon Amy.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Wishing everything positive for this situation.  Every time I open this thread I’m reminded how fragile life is. Just be safe out there everyone, and keep your loved ones safe too.  Get better soon Amy.
    Well said!
  • igotid88 said:
    Saw on fb that she is starting to open her eyes
    Glad to hear this.
    26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.

• FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Sending healing wishes to Amy and her family.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • jacquelyncajacquelynca Yay Area CA Posts: 372
    Praying for the best possible outcome.  I’ve been checking back in here from time to time for updates.  Happy to hear she has opened her eyes.  Life is precious, get better amy!
    IG and twitter - @jacquelynincali

1994 - Bridge School Benefit, Shoreline Mountain View CA
    *** 1995 - 2015 High School, College, Broke, Having Kids***
    2016 - Temple of the Dog, Bill Graham Civic Center Auditorium, San Francisco CA
    2017 - Eddie Vedder, Bourbon and Beyond, Louisville KY
    2018 - The Home Shows, Show 2, Seattle WA
    2019 - Eddie Vedder, Ohana Fest, Dana Point CA
    2020- Oakland Nights 1 and 2
    2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel
  • So glad to hear that Amy opened her eyes! I've been checking back from time to time too, and was so happy to hear this news. My prayers continue for her healing.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Sending you all the vibes Amy!

Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• *bump* <3
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Pulling for Amy.
    Update from the GoFundme page

"Amy has made the most progress yet today! Opening her eyes on a much more consistent basis and responding to commands very well including opening her eyes, squeezing hand and wiggling toes."
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    Update from the GoFundme page

"Amy has made the most progress yet today! Opening her eyes on a much more consistent basis and responding to commands very well including opening her eyes, squeezing hand and wiggling toes."
    Good news! Long road ahead probably, but this sounds hopeful. 
  • Very happy to hear this good news! May Amy recover totally from her injuries.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    :) progress is good
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    a5pj said:
    :) progress is good
    Yes progress is very good.  I see that you're in Hershey, PA.  First met Amy/Neener at the Hershey show in July 2003.  Encountered her many other times over the years.  Prayers to her, Jon and Parker.  
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Winter solstice bump.
    Amy is more active today. Not so much eye opening but lots of smiling and listening to commands which she hadn’t been doing the past few days.

I miss igotid88
  • SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    This is amazing to hear. More prayers coming
    Great to hear positive news!