Official Neil Young Thread

Comments

• bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    So glad I waited and didn't pull the trigger on an OG Ragged Glory! 
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    jbrownie said:
    Yeah, goldrush, real mixed feelings about this find and that last sentence. This is great news, but I read into it that any potential Mirrorball release is now postponed.  
    Yeah that’s true, but Neil has always bounced around betwee projects hasn’t he? Songs For Judy came out of nowhere, it hadn’t really been mentioned anywhere before the release was announced.

Alchemy, Oceanside Countryside, Odeon Budokan, and the Archives 2 box set have all been listed as ‘coming soon / coming in 2019’ recently so it’s likely that at least one of them will be bumped.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Well.... that is fucking awesome lol
  • I hope he records some new stuff too...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • my2hands said:

No kidding.

A great album. Mansion on the Hill. Over and Over. Love to Burn. Great songs!

This and Freedom coincided with my second and third years in university. I rocked those two albums in my Sports Walkman walking to class.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    my2hands said:

No kidding.

This and Freedom coincided with my second and third years in university. I rocked those two albums in my Sports Walkman walking to with class.
    fixed.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Archives app is up in the App Store!

Currently rocking some Mirrorball :)

(Tim Rogers)
    The sound quality is amazing

(Tim Rogers)
  • Not a fan of the bloated over-designed look.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • :glasses:
    26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.

• dankind said:
    my2hands said:

No kidding.

This and Freedom coincided with my second and third years in university. I rocked those two albums in my Sports Walkman walking to with class.
    fixed.

lol
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • ST66483ST66483 Posts: 673
    Two shows in Winnipeg announced through the archives as well.
    ST66483 said:
    Two shows in Winnipeg announced through the archives as well.
    Looks like there could be a live stream of one of the shows too

(Tim Rogers)
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    I met a music fan guy in the bookstore today and we traded stories about Neil Young.  I told him about my running the main spot light on Neil when Buffalo Springfield came to our high school to play but I wasn't informed that we were invited to meet the band after the show.   The other story was about how I was standing on a street corner in San Francisco waiting to get into see CSNY at Winterland and when I went back to where my buddies were standing in line one of them said, "Jeez, man, you didn't even say hello??"  "Huh?" I replied.  He said, "You were standing there, staring at the ground all dejected and Neil Young was standing right next to you staring at the ground looking all dejected and YOU DIDN'T EVEN SAY HELLO!" .  Still kind of blows me away that I missed two chances to meet Neil.

So anyway, this guy in the store today tells me he is from Detroit and back in the sixties he was in this hamburger joint and this long haired guy was in there with an acoustic guitar trying to work out some kind of song.  The guy told me that at the time he didn't know anything about Neil but that later on he read about how Neil had gotten stranded in town when the bands car broke down due to some engine parts being ripped off  so he went into this hamburger joint to get a bite to eat and sat down and wrote "The Old Laughing Lady".   And this guy was there when it happened.  Wow!! 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited December 2018
    Is there any way to giftcard a NYA subscription? (as a christmas present) 

EDIT: Saw that one could
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Why was the Dreamin Man live vinyl released in so few copies so the price of it skyrocketed? While other archive releases seem to be far less expensive...
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    brianlux said:
    I met a music fan guy in the bookstore today and we traded stories about Neil Young.  I told him about my running the main spot light on Neil when Buffalo Springfield came to our high school to play but I wasn't informed that we were invited to meet the band after the show.   The other story was about how I was standing on a street corner in San Francisco waiting to get into see CSNY at Winterland and when I went back to where my buddies were standing in line one of them said, "Jeez, man, you didn't even say hello??"  "Huh?" I replied.  He said, "You were standing there, staring at the ground all dejected and Neil Young was standing right next to you staring at the ground looking all dejected and YOU DIDN'T EVEN SAY HELLO!" .  Still kind of blows me away that I missed two chances to meet Neil.

So anyway, this guy in the store today tells me he is from Detroit and back in the sixties he was in this hamburger joint and this long haired guy was in there with an acoustic guitar trying to work out some kind of song.  The guy told me that at the time he didn't know anything about Neil but that later on he read about how Neil had gotten stranded in town when the bands car broke down due to some engine parts being ripped off  so he went into this hamburger joint to get a bite to eat and sat down and wrote "The Old Laughing Lady".   And this guy was there when it happened.  Wow!! 

Wow. He's that good he can write songs in a hamburger joint.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited December 2018
    My dad hasn’t recieved any email with his one year subscription I gifted him. 

Fuck.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    My dad hasn’t recieved any email with his one year subscription I gifted him. 

Fuck.
    Check his junk mail?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I'm loving Mirror Ball right now. I'm the Ocean is great.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    brianlux said:

Great stories, Brian.
    Even if you missed out on meeting him (twice!) your second one is still pretty cool.

(Tim Rogers)
  • My dad hasn’t recieved any email with his one year subscription I gifted him. 

Fuck.
    Check his junk mail?
    It arrived, late on the 24th (Christmas Eve here in Sweden). So he got it. 

Lucky we didn't buy the Songs for Judy vinyl to him, because he talked about listening to it on Spotify and wanting Neil to release some Crazy Horse vinyl instead of another acoustic release.
  • Asked my brother three times on Christmas if he wanted to sell his Dreamin' Man vinyl to me. But he refuses.
  • Just joined with the one year sub... Neil and CH in the Peg! Hopefully more dates with Crazy Horse are announced for Canada. 

(Tim Rogers)
  • Hmm..... if I didn't go to Ireland for Neil AND Bob... I don't see myself going to Germany... Saw him in Berlin in 2016 though...
  • Fuck. Should have bought a ticket to Ireland.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Fuck. Should have bought a ticket to Ireland.
    Still some tickets available.
  • Fingers crossed :how_interesting:
    26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"