Options

In Sweden, cash is almost extinct and people implant microchips in their hands to pay for things

2»

Comments

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,484
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    This is like 75% of the fans when it comes to Pearl Jam. 

Haha.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Just out of curiosity, are there any women here who like the movie Scarface? I've only ever known of men liking that movie.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,674
    No way in hell!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Just out of curiosity, are there any women here who like the movie Scarface? I've only ever known of men liking that movie.
    I'm a man, and Scarface sucks!

It's one of the worst films ever made. Not one element of it is good--acting, directing, writing, cinematography, art direction, set design, costume design, music; it's all over-the-top terrible! I feel like someone slapped me in the face with a brick for three hours after I watched it just to make sure that I got the point to a rather pointless endeavor.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Never been a fan of Scarface either really. But it's been a long time since I've seen it now.

De Palma is a hit-and-misser
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Probably should do an anonymous poll for that question . =)
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    dankind said:

It's one of the worst films ever made. Not one element of it is good--acting, directing, writing, cinematography, art direction, set design, costume design, music; it's all over-the-top terrible! I feel like someone slapped me in the face with a brick for three hours after I watched it just to make sure that I got the point to a rather pointless endeavor.
    What an awesome description of watching that movie.  I could not agree more!
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I want my 10c membership number implanted in my arm.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,674
    Yeah, then they could download the annual single right into your arm.  Analog member will have to have 7" circular vinyl implants, probably in the torso region. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    brianlux said:
    Yeah, then they could download the annual single right into your arm.  Analog member will have to have 7" circular vinyl implants, probably in the torso region. 
    hahaha, you're on fire today.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    dankind said:

No "you're "not...
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/266838/the-you-are-thread#latest
  • Options
    I find the idea of a cashless society pretty interesting, and these microchips kind of fascinating. Here's another article with a bit more information on what they're like, what they do, and how they operate (not a lot of technical info, though).

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/22/658808705/thousands-of-swedes-are-inserting-microchips-under-their-skin
    The banking world wants you to go cashless so they can be a part of every transaction that you do.

Having cash and bartering cheats them of that.

Also if something does head south, cash is king.  If you can't access cash or anything liquid then you are done for.  It is apocalyptic but it has happened in other countries.