Options

In Sweden, cash is almost extinct and people implant microchips in their hands to pay for things

Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
In Sweden, cash is almost extinct and people implant microchips in their hands to pay for things

https://business.financialpost.com/news/economy/swedens-push-to-get-rid-of-cash-has-some-saying-not-so-fast?fbclid=IwAR08mUiaz-rPuUZDuh98gG1y0Mmqxboy0ZrmDGLzCz8GGoPXODXzP_R80ek

Only a fucking moron allow microchips to implanted.  I guess Sweden is not the greatest country...
Give Peas A Chance…

Comments

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

https://business.financialpost.com/news/economy/swedens-push-to-get-rid-of-cash-has-some-saying-not-so-fast?fbclid=IwAR08mUiaz-rPuUZDuh98gG1y0Mmqxboy0ZrmDGLzCz8GGoPXODXzP_R80ek

Only a fucking moron allow microchips to implanted.  I guess Sweden is not the greatest country...
    Why only a moron?  Why is it ok to judge harshly people for accepting technology into their body but not ok to judge people about what food they put in their body?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Biotechnology is the future.  There will be major downsides and major benefits, just like every technical advance in history.
  • Options
    Oh, I do not know, maybe because they can be hacked.  Food cannot be hacked...and your only real argument for meat was because of its been part of our diet for millions of years, pretty fucking dumb reason to eat meat.  At least I admit I eat meat for the taste...wars have been around for millions of years, let's continue.  If you EVER think I'll back down from an argument from you...it happening.  big difference between having a hackable device inserted in you than food.  You talk ass more than most here.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    So what happens if a microchip gets hacked?  

I expect you'll need a minute to wipe the spit off your screen and let that vein in your head subside a bit before you reply, no hurry.
  • Options
    Some days I want a chip in me so it can just be easier and then I remember how stupid that would really be.

No chips please.  Only chips I want are chocolate or kettle cooked...
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    I didn’t know about this, not about the microchip implanted in hands. Who would like such a thing?
    Besides I already have a computer in my left fingernail.
  • Options
    Some days I want a chip in me so it can just be easier and then I remember how stupid that would really be.

For simple transactions only, yeah I think it's overboard, but it will be so much more than that someday.  The medical applications alone will save/improve millions and billions of lives.

You have to remember too, in 1990 nobody thought they needed a cellphone, by 2000 nobody thought they would really need internet on the cellphone they now carried around, and now...
  • Options
    rgambs said:

I expect you'll need a minute to wipe the spit off your screen and let that vein in your head subside a bit before you reply, no hurry.
    Yes, I judged.  I'm not preaching about it.  Insert microchips up your nose for all I care.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Annafalk said:
    I didn’t know about this, not about the microchip implanted in hands. Who would like such a thing?
    Please explain the left fingernail?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Another thing DUDE, you can always choose to ignore my post...but for some reason, you don't...I'm flattered...lol.  by the way, I wouldn't eat your fuckin goat cheese.  cheese is really not that good.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    rgambs said:

For simple transactions only, yeah I think it's overboard, but it will be so much more than that someday.  The medical applications alone will save/improve millions and billions of lives.

You have to remember too, in 1990 nobody thought they needed a cellphone, by 2000 nobody thought they would really need internet on the cellphone they now carried around, and now...
    We don't really "need" internet on our phones...

The medical thing scares me.  Good for the doctors, yes, not good for insurance companies that have access to everything...
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Annafalk said:
    Please explain the left fingernail?
    It’s in/on the thumb, that’s the only fingernail that’s big enough. 
  • Options
    rgambs said:

We don't really "need" internet on our phones...

The medical thing scares me.  Good for the doctors, yes, not good for insurance companies that have access to everything...
    I get that, I just feel like it's the same fear that always comes with new tech, and it's often largely unfounded.  The fears about what the internet and online banking would lead to run the gamut from perfectly legitimate to ludicrous.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Another thing DUDE, you can always choose to ignore my post...but for some reason, you don't...I'm flattered...lol.  by the way, I wouldn't eat your fuckin goat cheese.  cheese is really not that good.
    Hey now, it may be against the board's rules to insult individuals personally here, but it's a much bigger infraction against humanity to slander cheese.  
    If you start in on yogurt I will flag your posts as inflammatory.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,020
    edited December 2018
    Chill out with trying to attack Sweden.

The three people I know with microchips inplanted got it as a fun thing at an ad-agency party while I was getting read by a tarot card reader and tried out VR. It's not about to take over anything - as the article says, 4000 out of 10 million people.

I haven't used cash in atleast five years though. I don't see whats so strange about  cash going away?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    how many cards get phished or otherwise physically skimmed every day?

makes a strong argument for this......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    BELKO EXPERIMENT!
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,827
    I find the idea of a cashless society pretty interesting, and these microchips kind of fascinating. Here's another article with a bit more information on what they're like, what they do, and how they operate (not a lot of technical info, though).

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/22/658808705/thousands-of-swedes-are-inserting-microchips-under-their-skin
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,509
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    We are already there though...
    This is what I find odd about the RFID implant chip backlash, that people who willingly carry an advanced mobile computer on their person at all times are concerned about a chip that has 1/10,000th the capability because it's a quarter inch under the skin.
    It's less permanent than a tattoo!
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    rgambs said:
    23scidoo said:
    This is what I find odd about the RFID implant chip backlash, that people who willingly carry an advanced mobile computer on their person at all times are concerned about a chip that has 1/10,000th the capability because it's a quarter inch under the skin.
    Difference is that I can leave my phone at home if I choose.  Good luck to anyone who chooses to get implanted before their government goes south. 

Also, most people I know that have gotten tattoos end up regretting it. 
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    rgambs said:
    23scidoo said:
    Difference is that I can leave my phone at home if I choose.  Good luck to anyone who chooses to get implanted before their government goes south. 

What nefarious thing do you think that the government can do with these RFID chips, as they are now?

You must know a lot of people choosing bad tattoos ;). Most people I know with tattoos love them. 

The RFID chips are just subcutaneous. If need be, you could even remove it yourself. 

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    I find the idea of a cashless society pretty interesting, 
    But what about hookers, drug dealers and bookies?

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    Best year to be born.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Poncier said:

Evolve or die, buddy.

I think they all use bitcoin now anyway. 
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    rgambs said:
    23scidoo said:

But, statistically speaking, you never do.

• Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    edited December 2018
    Poncier said:

Evolve or die, buddy.

Does bitcoin have a "make it rain" function? ;)

Edit: I'm just gonna sneak in here and add a nice little emoticon before oftenreading cuts me with her razor sharp wit. 
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • Options
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    Poncier said:

Evolve or die, buddy.

Edit: I'm just gonna sneak in here and add a nice little emoticon before oftenreading cuts me with her razor sharp wit. 
    Right now bitcoin is featuring a “make it all go down the drain” function. 
  • Options
    Poncier said:

Evolve or die, buddy.

Right now bitcoin is featuring a “make it all go down the drain” function. 
    In that case, I think we should all bow our heads and observe a moment of silence for unsung.