What is your Holy Grail for PJ collecting?

Comments

• The green and orange basketballs with the hoop, that Epic released as promo for the debut record. If anybody has any of these, please message me.
  • The green and orange basketballs with the hoop, that Epic released as promo for the debut record. If anybody has any of these, please message me.
    I put those, Megaphone, Freak, Jack Daniels bottles and floor mat all in the same group.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    The baseball that Ed threw out at Wrigley 2 this year. Jumped for it, but no dice. If only I was 6’3”. ;)
  • JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557

Mike's '59 LP or Strat. Either would do the trick...

• JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    As an "attainable" item, I have been trying to source either a Vitalogy, No Code or Yield vinyl signed by all band members that played on the album.
  • LN241653LN241653 Cambridge Posts: 163
    Pittsburgh munk One
    Brisbane Ames 03
    vitalogy mirror 
    vhc fridge magnet
    Cinci 03 Ames 

i just can’t land any of these, any help would appreciated.

cheers
  • dadesdades Posts: 321
    EV London Mumford.
    27 EV/PJ shows and only 1 missing poster.
    Glasgow Cathouse 1992
    Glasgow S.E.C.C. 2000
    Shepherds Bush 2009 - M.E.N 2009 - London O2 2009
    Boston 2010 - Newark 2010 - MSG1+2 2010 - Dublin 2010 - Belfast 2010
    London 2010
    Manchester 1+2 2012 EV Manchester 2012 EV London 31/7/2012
    Philly 1+2 2013 - Hartford 2013
    Berlin 2014 Leeds 2014
    Fenway 2 2016
    EV London 1+2 2017
    London 1+2 - Berlin 2018
  • Jason7192Jason7192 Southern Indiana Posts: 311
    For me, it's the blue 2000 North American Binaural tour poster. It's the only one I don't have from shows I've attended. I know it's out there somewhere & probably not that rare or expensive in the grand scheme of things, but it was the first show I attended so it has sentimental value for me. It probably doesn't help that I don't have anything to trade (seems a lot of folks shy away from cash deals, which seems odd to me). 
  • ah239102ah239102 Australia Posts: 122
    Wishful thinking I suspect but setlists to finish my collection thus enable retirement from collecting personally relevant historic artefacts:
    Melbourne 3.3.98
    Sydney 11.2.2003
    Melbourne Nov 13,14,16th 2006
    Outside Lands San Fran 28.8.09
    Manchester evening news arena 17.8.09
    EV State theatre sydney night 2  2011

• I think a stage used setlist by one of the guys from one of my shows attended would be pretty damn superb. So I will go with that.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Ed to sign my Cubs/Indians World Series Game 7 ticket stub.

One of those sweet ass Ukes or Telecasters with Ed's signature, handwritten lyrics and dragon waves would be bad ass too.
    If there is a way for you to find where to mail that stub and shared that it was a grail I am sure he would dig signing that. 
    If he does a solo tour you could bring and then join the stalkers outside the place post-gig and ask him.  Seems like something Ed would think was awesome.
    I'd like to think it would be one of his favorite items to have signed...if he did. But I'm a little nervous to try sending it to 10C for fear of it being discarded. While at the game itself, I tried reaching out to the mods for help. They kindly told me to enjoy the game. I did! Best night of my life. Cannot imagine if I did have the opportunity to meet him that same night. 

After a show...I don't know. I tried that once after a PJ show in Champaign in 03...waited for hours and nothing. Tried again at an EV solo gig in Chicago in 09 (I think it was 09). There were quite a few folks out there. No autographs, a guitar pick for a kid and a hand shake for about every 3rd person. He seemed weirded out. Don't think he said anything to anyone. Haven't tried since.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Tempo....loving this thread. I'm not really a collector of anything (except the shows I have gone to), so I don't frequent the Lost Dogs board. Glad I did...how to help with the "grails" for Foxy.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Tempo....loving this thread. I'm not really a collector of anything (except the shows I have gone to), so I don't frequent the Lost Dogs board. Glad I did...how to help with the "grails" for Foxy.
    Oh right on!  That's one of my fav threads.  I like donating to them!

Also check out RAK up on the stickies.  There are people that do giveaways all the time!
  • LN241653 said:
    Pittsburgh munk One
    Brisbane Ames 03
    vitalogy mirror 
    vhc fridge magnet
    Cinci 03 Ames 

cheers
    I thought I knew all the cool merch things.  What is the Vitalogy mirror? @LN241653
  • The 93 kozik Gorge/Portland. I would trade a boat for it. An actual boat.
  • For me, it is either the 2015 Foil Transformers poster from NYC with all inserts or, a complete 2009 Box Set. The Nov. 17 2009 Adelaide poster is a close second. The TF poster is just too expensive for me at the moment. The other two well, no one has made any offers on my posts.
  • mcgruff10 said:
    It would be cool to have a photo of me and my wife meeting Ed.  I think that would look really sweet amongst my collection.  
    Another holy grail would be seeing PJ in Italy.
    Tangible item: something signed by the entire band.  I have individual signatures but not all five on one item.
    Your comment brings an interesting thought. Never considered a moment vs. tangible goods. A concert would be nice. I wouldn’t even really care where. I have only been to one show and feel lucky for that. 
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    My grail for the longest time was the Pittsburgh 98 poster, my first show. I got it a few years ago from Mr. Pdalowsky so now I’m grail fulfilled. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• LoveboatKmanLoveboatKman Australia Posts: 289
    White Eddie Vedder zippo with map of Australia on it - being Australian i love collecting the Aussie tour items - shirts, setlists etc etc
  • White Eddie Vedder zippo with map of Australia on it - being Australian i love collecting the Aussie tour items - shirts, setlists etc etc
    They have beer koozies too!
  • Keep em coming everyone!

I love this!!!
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Missoula '98 poster
  • LN241653LN241653 Cambridge Posts: 163
    LN241653 said:
    Pittsburgh munk One
    Brisbane Ames 03
    vitalogy mirror 
    vhc fridge magnet
    Cinci 03 Ames 

cheers
    I thought I knew all the cool merch things.  What is the Vitalogy mirror? @LN241653
    It’s such a cool item, very similar to the mirrors you see in bars but just with vitalogy on it.
    Not sure if this was handed out to certain people at the time or not but I’ve only ever seen one come up for sale which at the time I couldn’t afford, the search continues!!
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Randall’s island 96 poster. Finally gave away my banged up original show bought one to a friend in need.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • ST66483ST66483 Posts: 673
    Cleveland 98 s/n which I was lucky enough to secure a few years ago.  Looks great alongside the Bruce Davidson photo, one of my favourite photographers paired with a favourite band!
  • VedderMTLVedderMTL Montreal, Canada Posts: 1,401

VedderMTL said:

I believe you meant this as a give away in the RAK thread to the first responder. I'll take the lot, thank you very much!
  • VedderMTLVedderMTL Montreal, Canada Posts: 1,401
    VedderMTL said:

I believe you meant this as a give away in the RAK thread to the first responder. I'll take the lot, thank you very much!
    Haha ! In that case I have a split personality with 2 accounts and quite often reply to myself 
  • emlovesrocknrollemlovesrocknroll Montjean Posts: 149
    My Grail would be Pearl Jam Vs/Vitalogy Collector's Edition.
    I know there are some on Discogs but the thing is heavy and shipping costs are expensive. I don't give up on it though so I'm still looking to acquire it.
    (pic found on Google)

EV Firenze Rocks Festival, Florence, Italy, June 24th 2017
    Pearl Jam European Tour, London, England, UK, June 18th, 2018
  • LN241653 said:
    Pittsburgh munk One
    Brisbane Ames 03
    vitalogy mirror 
    vhc fridge magnet
    Cinci 03 Ames 

cheers
    Here we go...