Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Comments

• RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    I understand that Warlock is not in it. I’m just not nearly as adamant as you that his “role” needs to be filled. This isn’t a 1:1 adaptation of the comic, not even close. There doesn’t need to be someone to do what Warlock did, it will be a completely different story. At least I’m pretty sure it will be, considering Infinity War was nothing at all like the comic. 
  • RiotZact said:
    I understand that Warlock is not in it. I’m just not nearly as adamant as you that his “role” needs to be filled. This isn’t a 1:1 adaptation of the comic, not even close. There doesn’t need to be someone to do what Warlock did, it will be a completely different story. At least I’m pretty sure it will be, considering Infinity War was nothing at all like the comic. 
    Fair point but someone has to guard the Gauntlet when it is taken from Thanos.  That is where the role needs filled.  So do they split them up again or let someone have it that will guard it with tact like Marvel or perhaps Strange?

RiotZact said:
    Fair point but someone has to guard the Gauntlet when it is taken from Thanos.  That is where the role needs filled.  So do they split them up again or let someone have it that will guard it with tact like Marvel or perhaps Strange?

Perhaps they will be destroyed somehow like how Scarlett Witch destroyed the Mind Stone.  
  • RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:

Perhaps they will be destroyed somehow like how Scarlett Witch destroyed the Mind Stone.  
    What fun would that be?

They won't repeat that though...
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:

What fun would that be?

They won't repeat that though...
    We shall see I suppose. Either way I can’t imagine this movie being anything less than epic. 
    Technically not an MCU film, but Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is quite possibly my favorite movie of 2018. And I say that as someone that’s never picked a comic book movie or an animated movie as his favorite movie of any given year. 
  • RiotZact said:
    Technically not an MCU film, but Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is quite possibly my favorite movie of 2018. And I say that as someone that’s never picked a comic book movie or an animated movie as his favorite movie of any given year. 
    TY I need to go see this.  I saw the coming attractions and was like HUH?!?  But everyone says how great it is!

I'm looking forward to seeing this now.
    RiotZact said:
    TY I need to go see this.  I saw the coming attractions and was like HUH?!?  But everyone says how great it is!

I'm looking forward to seeing this now.
    I’m going to see it again in a few hours, perhaps my feelings will change on a second viewing, but I doubt it. Also, I just realized I may have lied a little, The Dark Knight might have been my favorite film of 2008.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    So I'm the only one in my household who thinks that Erik Killmonger was the true hero of Black Panther.

My wife went so far as to call him "gross." I'm considering a divorce over this.

Anyone here with me?

Killmonger forever!!!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    So I'm the only one in my household who thinks that Erik Killmonger was the true hero of Black Panther.

My wife went so far as to call him "gross." I'm considering a divorce over this.

Anyone here with me?

Killmonger forever!!!
    I loved Black Panther and I thought Killmonger was a great villain, mainly due to how sympathetic he was. But just because someone is easy to feel sympathy for does not mean that he is right. I am totally baffled by this mass of people that say #killmongerwasright. What? Genocide is right? Should we have exterminated Germany and Italy and Japan after World War 2? As insane as that sounds I would still argue that it would have more merit than what killmonger suggests. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    RiotZact said:
    dankind said:

Anyone here with me?

Killmonger forever!!!
    I loved Black Panther and I thought Killmonger was a great villain, mainly due to how sympathetic he was. But just because someone is easy to feel sympathy for does not mean that he is right. I am totally baffled by this mass of people that say #killmongerwasright. What? Genocide is right? Should we have exterminated Germany and Italy and Japan after World War 2? As insane as that sounds I would still argue that it would have more merit than what killmonger suggests. 
    Wait. There are more people who see this film my way (i.e., the correct way)? I only have my family and you people to go by. And so far, they're/you're all wrong.

FWIW: I don't think that Killmonger's plan was genocide; it was to elevate his people and to punish oppressors. 

Killmonger forever!

Wakanda is basically an African version of Trump's isolationist, nationalist America. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • RiotZact said:
    Gonna go see it to support an animated film with it's own look and feel, and not look like any boring Pixar/Dreamworks/Illumination movie.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    I miss igotid88
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    "What's up dickwad" :lol:
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Looks good. Really enjoyed Homecoming.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    Is that Mysterio but with a costume they found deep in the back of Thor's wardrobe???
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    What is the timeline on this one, pre IW?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • LETS TAKE A HERO WHO'S THROUGH HISTORY HAS FOUGHT TO KEEP HIS IDENTITY HIDDEN --

-- AND HAVE EVERYONE KNOW WHO HE IS!!!!

Movies will never get Spiderman right. 

If you took the best parts of Maguires Spiderman and Garfields, I guess you would get somewhat close. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • I'll admit that Captain Marvel doesn't look good at all...

Man I hope I'm wrong.
  • JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    I'll admit that Captain Marvel doesn't look good at all...

Man I hope I'm wrong.

I'm curious as well. Just worried that Larson isn't skilled enough for a strong 'female' super hero lead role.
  • Jbarker said:
    I'll admit that Captain Marvel doesn't look good at all...

Man I hope I'm wrong.

I'm curious as well. Just worried that Larson isn't skilled enough for a strong 'female' super hero lead role.
    The story looks week.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    JK_Livin said:
    What is the timeline on this one, pre IW?
    According to Marvel, Far From Home is set "minutes after the end of End Game"

So we know that at least Spiderman and Nick Fury aren't going to stay 'dead'...
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    No one is staying dead and it’s likely that the snap will be forgotten by all but maybe a few Avengers. They will probably go back in time and create a new timeline in which the snap never happens and life continues on as it would have minus Thanos. I can’t wait to see how they pull it off. 

Mysterio looks amazing though, he’s always been one of my favorite classic villains and Jake Gyllenhaal is my favorite actor so I’m really stoked for this one. 
  • RiotZact said:
    No one is staying dead and it’s likely that the snap will be forgotten by all but maybe a few Avengers. They will probably go back in time and create a new timeline in which the snap never happens and life continues on as it would have minus Thanos. I can’t wait to see how they pull it off. 

Mysterio looks amazing though, he’s always been one of my favorite classic villains and Jake Gyllenhaal is my favorite actor so I’m really stoked for this one. 
    Dr Strange knew all the possible outcomes and I believe he did what he did to make sure that is what would happen.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    The Punisher season 2 back on Friday.  Can't wait....this was my favorite marvel Netflix show by far.  Assuming this will be the last season since Netflix is cancelling all of these shows...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrLhP5sK2wI
    edited January 2019
    Black Panther first comic book based movie to be nominated for Best Picture Oscar. While I liked the movie I didn't see this as the best of all the Marvel or DC movies. Thought Dark Knight or Iron Man would get a nod first
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    Dark Knight was basically the impetus for the Academy to expand the field of best picture nominees from 5 to as many as 10.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • igotid88 said:
    Black Panther first comic book based movie to be nominated for Best Picture Oscar. While I liked the movie I didn't see this as the best of all the Marvel lr DC movies. Thought Dark Knight or Iron Man would get a nod first
    Pretty sure politics has something to do with it.

Great movie though.  Thought Infinity was better.
    edited February 2019
    The Punisher and Jessica Jones cancelled by Netflix. Saw this coming
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88