Options

What is behind the spread of a mysterious allergy to meat?

13»

Comments

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited December 2018
    brianlux said:
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:
    I'm not a strict vegetarian but I rarely eat meat other than poultry (and even that sparingly).  I might eat a little beef a few times a year because if I'm invited to eat at someone's house and that's what they are serving, I'll have a small portion and be grateful.  It's not than I'm afraid of catching some horrid disease (that can happen to vegetarians or vegans for that matter) but it's common knowledge that people who eat a lot of beef and pork, are more prone to illness.  This is especially true because of the way these animals are raised, the kind of feed and hormones and drugs they are given, and the way they are "processed".

My guess is  this tick/beef/pork situation is yet more proof of how weak and vulnerable we humans have become.  This is Mother Nature doing her job, the job of shaking us off, ridding the greatest pest on the planet.  The more we alienate our selves from her laws of nature, the more vulnerable and weak we become.  The more we fool ourselves into thinking we can be exceptions to nature's laws, the closer we come to sealing our fate.  We are a very strange species that way.  Me, you, all of us.  I only know one person, a woman I met recently, who I think might actually live in near total harmony* with natural in a natural and balanced way.   She's quite amazing. 

*by "in harmony" I mean more pragmatically, logistically, and practically, than the new age/metaphysical form of "in harmony".

Ironically, my family has always raised and eaten meat and many of my relatives have lived to be over 100.  Most seem to pass away in their 90s, but none that I can recall have died due to complications related to a beef eating diet (that I am aware of). We are all built a little differently.  I also had a great aunt that died at 102 and puffed a tobacco pipe every day all day, lol.  
    I do agree with your mention of how the cattle are raised and processed, though.  We never give our cattle hormones and they are all grass fed and usually corn finished.  Anyways, I’m not arguing with you as I have also read the studies regarding eating red meats, but I do always take them with a grain of salt and wonder what other lifestyle choices lead to the demise of those that suffer illnesses related to eating red meat (overindulgence, or lack of other foods in their diet for instance).
    Good genes make a difference!  You're absolutely right- we're all different.  A friend of mine knew jazz pianist Eubie Blake who lived to be 96.  She said he chain smoked non filtered cigarettes!

Good for you and your family for doing grass fed beef and no hormones.  Much healthier that way. 
    Much better tasting that way too :). I can hardly stomach the beef at the supermarket anymore, it just doesn’t taste right.  I’ve been spoiled I suppose!

On another note, round steak is actually a pretty darn nutritious meat.  We often use this in fajitas or carne esada:
    https://healthyeating.sfgate.com/nutritional-5-ounces-eye-round-steak-1829.html
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    I haven’t heard about annyone having meat allergy, how common can it be? 
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Annafalk said:
    I do not think it is all that common, your odds are probably better at getting struck by lightning if I were to guess...
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited December 2018
    So it comes from ticks?, they seem to be spreding a lot of diseases.

PJPOWER
    said:
    Annafalk said:
    I do not think it is all that common, your odds are probably better at getting struck by lightning if I were to guess...
    I hope so, :)
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Annafalk said:
    So it comes from ticks?, they seem to be spreding a lot of diseases.

PJPOWER
    said:
    Annafalk said:
    I hope so, :)
    Yes, they do.  Around here we have to check ourselves and pets for ticks.
    Give Peas A Chance…