Options

What is behind the spread of a mysterious allergy to meat?

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    edited December 2018
    Lol. My coworker who basically lives on meat alone and is practically obsessed with meat, she loves it so much (she apparently has some kind of taste disorder when all greens taste really bitter and sour to her, so she only eats meats and carbs) is absolutely terrified of this tick. :lol: I think if she got this, she'd die of devastating malnutrition, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    PJ_Soul said:
    Lol. My coworker who basically lives on meat alone and is practically obsessed with meat, she loves it so much (she apparently has some kind of taste disorder when all greens taste really bitter and sour to her, so she only eats meats and carbs) is absolutely terrified of this tick. :lol: I think if she got this, she'd die of devastating malnutrition, lol.
    If she is eating meat all the time, she must have a big grocery bill.  Ticks are bad where I live. 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    If she is eating meat all the time, she must have a big grocery bill.  Ticks are bad where I live. 
    This is the 35+ year old co-worker who still lives at home with her parents rent and bill free so she can just spend her whole salary on clothes, cosmetics, travel, and being a meat-centric foodie. She doesn't have to worry about her grocery bill at all.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    This is the 35+ year old co-worker who still lives at home with her parents rent and bill free so she can just spend her whole salary on clothes, cosmetics, travel, and being a meat-centric foodie. She doesn't have to worry about her grocery bill at all.
    That's nice if you want to live with your parents.  Myself, I prefer being on my own.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    That's nice if you want to live with your parents.  Myself, I prefer being on my own.  
    Living with her parents isn't the bad part. It's the leaching off of her parents that I have no respect for. She makes more money than I do, but is unwilling to provide for herself because she just wants to pamper herself until she finds a husband who will support her and shower her in luxury instead of her parents. It's pathetic IMHO.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Living with her parents isn't the bad part. It's the leaching off of her parents that I have no respect for. She makes more money than I do, but is unwilling to provide for herself because she just wants to pamper herself until she finds a husband who will support her and shower her in luxury instead of her parents. It's pathetic IMHO.
    I see the type of person she is. 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    as we all are, she's a product of her upbringing. these people don't turn out like that because they wanted to. they turned out like that because their parents gave them everything they wanted growing up and that's how they learned to exist. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,106
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Hmmmmm woman that loves to eat meat looking for a husband...what is taking her so long?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    as we all are, she's a product of her upbringing. these people don't turn out like that because they wanted to. they turned out like that because their parents gave them everything they wanted growing up and that's how they learned to exist. 
    Usually I would agree with you, but that actually isn't the case here at all. She's a child of Chinese-Malaysian refugees, arrived in Canada as a small child, and she grew up poor, moving from tiny apartment to tiny apartment for years, with almost full responsibility for her younger sister when she was still a child herself (her younger sister is now a lawyer, married, and living in a different province - she couldn't get out of that household fast enough). Eventually her parents found a foothold and built themselves up to the comfortable middle class, but not until they lived poor for a pretty long time. I'm not sure why she turned out to be unwilling to take care of herself and so solely obsessed with clothes and beauty products, or why she managed to turn out so lacking in a sense of independence. You'd think she would have turned out the exact opposite. She kind of a weird lady all around, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Usually I would agree with you, but that actually isn't the case here at all. She's a child of Chinese-Malaysian refugees, and she grew up dirt poor, moving from tiny apartment to tiny apartment for years, basically raising her younger sister when she was still a child herself (her younger sister is not a lawyer, married, and living in a different province - she couldn't get out of that household fast enough). Eventually her parents found a foothold and built themselves up to the comfortable middle class, but not until they lived poor for a pretty long time. I'm not sure why she turned out to be unwilling to take care of herself and so solely obsessed with clothes and beauty products, or why she managed to turn out so lacking in a sense of independence. You'd think she would have turned out the exact opposite. She kind of a weird lady all around, lol.
    if the parents are still allowing her to suckle from their financial teet, then yes, she is a product of her upbringing. I wasn't claiming she was child of privlege, just a child who was not told "no" if "yes" was an option. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited December 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Usually I would agree with you, but that actually isn't the case here at all. She's a child of Chinese-Malaysian refugees, and she grew up dirt poor, moving from tiny apartment to tiny apartment for years, basically raising her younger sister when she was still a child herself (her younger sister is not a lawyer, married, and living in a different province - she couldn't get out of that household fast enough). Eventually her parents found a foothold and built themselves up to the comfortable middle class, but not until they lived poor for a pretty long time. I'm not sure why she turned out to be unwilling to take care of herself and so solely obsessed with clothes and beauty products, or why she managed to turn out so lacking in a sense of independence. You'd think she would have turned out the exact opposite. She kind of a weird lady all around, lol.
    if the parents are still allowing her to suckle from their financial teet, then yes, she is a product of her upbringing. I wasn't claiming she was child of privlege, just a child who was not told "no" if "yes" was an option. 
    Well they haven't kicked her out obviously. Although they do keep asking her to fucking pay some bills. She won't, and she shamelessly tells me she just ignores the requests. I think they let her stay because her old granny lives there too, and 3 dogs, so they kind of need a warm body who knows how to drive a car. She does truck granny around when needed, and I don't think her mom knows how to drive, so....
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    It's a western thing to leave when 18, most Chinese, SE Asian families stay together.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,756
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Well they haven't kicked her out obviously. Although they do keep asking her to fucking pay some bills. She won't, and she shamelessly tells me she just ignores the requests. I think they let her stay because her old granny lives there too, and 3 dogs, so they kind of need a warm body who knows how to drive a car. She does truck granny around when needed, and I don't think her mom knows how to drive, so....
    the other element of her story as shared by you, was she effectively raised her sister as a child herself. so no childhood in the sense most of us would consider the norm.

No I have no idea culturally where that fits for her background but it kinda makes sense she wants to be taken care of. Kind of a delayed childhood but with money......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Hmmmmm woman that loves to eat meat looking for a husband...what is taking her so long?
     mic drop!
  • Options
    Smellyman said:
    It's a western thing to leave when 18, most Chinese, SE Asian families stay together.
    Yes, that's certainly why her parents haven't kicked her out. Chinese parents do NOT kick out their unmarried daughters.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    :lol: Hilarious!
    She is actually dating someone - he seems to be providing her with enough material goods to please her, lol. He took her on a trip to Asia last month, with first class flights, so that got him in her good books. She told me she required a really expensive ring from him if he proposes, or else she'll decline ..... It took all my willpower not to call her out on that little attitudinal atrocity, but I managed, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    She is actually dating someone - he seems to be providing her with enough material goods to please her, lol. He took her on a trip to Asia last month, with first class flights, so that got him in her good books. She told me she required a really expensive ring from him if he proposes, or else she'll decline ..... It took all my willpower not to call her out on that little attitudinal atrocity, but I managed, lol.
    The first sign of trouble after marriage and she'll divorce.  You should warn her boyfriend.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    She better put out on an hourly basis. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    She better put out on an hourly basis. 
    On demand.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Thank goodness many women aren't willing to be fuckdolls - or thought of as such - in exchange for expensive jewelry, trips and other monetary gains.  Sounds fucked up on both sides.

And guys, I know you're good people, but those last two comments about "she better put out" rubbed me the wrong way.

(not that it really matters anyway)
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    The first sign of trouble after marriage and she'll divorce.  You should warn her boyfriend.
    Haha, yeah, no, not my business (not directly - gossiping about it is as close as I'm willing to get to the situation :lol:;) )
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    hedonist said:
    Thank goodness many women aren't willing to be fuckdolls - or thought of as such - in exchange for expensive jewelry, trips and other monetary gains.  Sounds fucked up on both sides.

And guys, I know you're good people, but those last two comments about "she better put out" rubbed me the wrong way.

it was honestly just a joke. I don't think of any woman that way in reality, hedo. the point I was trying to make is that she expects him to "put out". 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    People who think and have a heart, don't need an allergy to not eat meat.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    take it somewhere else, veggie. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I think and I have a heart and I eat meat.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    I think and I have a heart and I eat meat.

we're Sweden's version of deplorables. :lol:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    hedonist said:

it was honestly just a joke. I don't think of any woman that way in reality, hedo. the point I was trying to make is that she expects him to "put out". 
    yeah, my point as well when I agreed.  But I can see what ya mean Hedo.  Thank goodness most guys aren't willing to pay for everything and buy expensive gifts in exchange for sex.....ummmm......hmmmmm....are they?  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    I think, I have a heart and I can't wait to eat some nice steak or chicken tonight!  Actually if I remember correctly it's going to be a pasta dish with sausage.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    hedonist said:

yeah, my point as well when I agreed.  But I can see what ya mean Hedo.  Thank goodness most guys aren't willing to pay for everything and buy expensive gifts in exchange for sex.....ummmm......hmmmmm....are they?  
    Well, there are plenty of willing sugar daddies out there, and plenty of willing sugar babies. I'm not sure "most" would be the correct term. But surely a big majority.... because the big majority of men don't have enough money for this kind of shit anyhow, lol. ;)
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    hedonist said:

Well, there are plenty of willing sugar daddies out there, and plenty of willing sugar babies. I'm not sure "most" would be the correct term. But surely a big majority.... because the big majority of men don't have enough money for this kind of shit anyhow, lol. ;)
    I simply could not imagine being with someone who only wants to be with me for my money. or any other superficial reason. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com