Eddie Vedder signed vintage Danelectro guitar benefit auction

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335

This Eddie Vedder signed vintage Danelectro guitar is being auctioned to help pay final production costs for the Return to Mt. Kennedy film and promote its positive message. A portion of the proceeds will also go to Ferry County Rail Trail Partners, a non-profit organization dear to Eddie Vedder and Bobby Whittaker. The lyrics from the song Rise are also handwritten by Eddie on the back.
Early 1960s Silvertone/Danelectro guitar. Marketed in Sears Catalog. Danelectro U1 model 1317 with single "lipstick" pickup copper with original case. Signed by Eddie Vedder along with lyrics from Rise on the back.
Bonus autograph on the case by Eddie and also by Matt Lukin, the original bassist for Mudhoney who also appears in the film. Also an assortment of EV guitar picks from Eddie's personal collection.
First group photo is from the 12/9 showing at the Seattle Cinerama. Left to right: Leif, Bobby and Jim Whittaker and film director Eric Becker. Second group photo is from the presentation for 12/9 - Jim Whittaker Day. Left to right: Eric Becker, Executive of King County - Dow Constantine, Eddie, Bobby, Jim and Leif Whittaker.
About the Film: In 1965 Jim Whittaker led Robert Kennedy on the first ascent of a remote mountain in the Yukon named after JFK. Fifty years later, their sons revisit the site of the iconic climb to learn more about the endeavor that shaped their families. Return to Mount Kennedy spans generations, reminding how every trail connects through the enduring friendships built in the mountains. Featuring interviews and several new instrumentals by Eddie Vedder and never before seen footage of the climb, the film sits at the intersection of politics, human rights, environmentalism, and adventure.
Find out more at mtkennedy dot com and follow us on Facebook.
Thanks to everyone for bidding!
Buyer pays all shipping costs including duty and other international fees where they apply. Please be advised: bidders from outside of the U.S.A. must contact us prior to bidding to clarify shipping arrangements and costs. We reserve the right to cancel bids of buyers with one or zero feedback.

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335

• lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    NICE!!!!!!!!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    wow---those bids jumped up quickly!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:
    wow---those bids jumped up quickly!
    Indeed. Already @ US $2,650.00.
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,040
    ISO the EV Tom Petty pick..
    If the winner of this auction is on here, please PM me. I will make a very nice donation to this charity or the charity of your choice or both plus buy the pick from you. 
    -EV
    ISO the EV Tom Petty pick..
    If the winner of this auction is on here, please PM me. I will make a very nice donation to this charity or the charity of your choice or both plus buy the pick from you. 
    -EV
    Hope they hook you up. :) 
    On Dec-12-18 at 12:56:14 PST, seller added the following information:

Some viewers have already noticed that the guitar picks are indeed very special to Eddie. An example are two that have T.P. on one side and an Oscar on the other.

demetrios said:

Some viewers have already noticed that the guitar picks are indeed very special to Eddie. An example are two that have T.P. on one side and an Oscar on the other.

ha i wonder where the seller got that info from. DANG. ISO!!
  • That's one unattractive guitar.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    demetrios said:

ha i wonder where the seller got that info from. DANG. ISO!!
    Alternative nation? :lol:
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Already @ $6,700.00.  :o  
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    That's one unattractive guitar.
    Agreed. The guitar is way fugly.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......

"This film weaves together these far-flung pieces of reality, the result is a beautiful, rare bird full of inspiration and hope. I was honored and thrilled to be a part of it." – Eddie Vedder

Bid on a vintage Danelectro guitar signed by Eddie Vedder in support of the new feature-length documentary, Return to Mt. Kennedy, and the Ferry County Rail Trail Partners: pj.lnk.to/EV_AuctionFp

• It looks like a nougate chocolate bar

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    6 day's left. Current bid $8,200.00 US.
    3 day's left.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Will someone please buy this for me?

Please and thank you.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,299
    Finished at $12,100
    wwsuicide said:
    Finished at $12,100
    Sweet! 
    Anyone here win it? Please please pm me
    https://ferrycountyrailtrail.com/eddie-vedder-guitar/

Eddie Vedder Guitar on EBay Sold!

Guitar Auction Nets Funds for Film, Trail

By Brenda Starkey

Source: Ferry County View, January 2, 2019

REPUBLIC – A guitar signed by Pearl Jam lead vocalist Eddie Vedder was auctioned off for $12,100 to raise money for two projects Ferry County resident Bobby Whittaker holds dear: a movie about a return to Mt. Kennedy and the Ferry County Rail Trail.

The movie features sons who return to a remote mountain in the Yukon named for John F. Kennedy. In 1965 Robert F. Kennedy and Jim Whittaker were the first to climb that mountain.

Fifty years later the sons of the original climbing team—band manager and rail trail activist Bobby Whittaker, 2018 candidate for Illinois governor Christopher Kennedy and Bellingham mountaineer Leif Whittaker—embarked on an expedition to celebrate the climb and the bond that connects them all.

That venture resulted in the film “Return to Mount Kennedy.”

The film was screened to a packed house in Seattle on Dec. 9, and will be featured again on Feb. 19 in Seattle.

A Spokane showing is scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 16, at 7 p.m. at the Bing Crosby Theater.

To help defray final production costs for the film, Vedder offered the vintage Danelectro guitar for auction. A portion of the proceeds will go to the nonprofit Ferry County Rail Trail Partners. The guitar was autographed by Vedder, who also penned lyrics from his song “Rise” on the back.

“Return to Mount Kennedy” spans generations, reminding how every trail connects through the enduring friendships built in the mountains, one review said.

“The film is pretty down to earth,” Bobby Whittaker said. “Everyone who sees it laughs and cries. I love that my friends, family and Ferry County are all in the film; it’s a perfect combination.”

The exact percentage of the money brought in by the guitar auction that will go to the rail trail has not been announced, but Whittaker said it is appropriate given Ferry County’s role in the film.

In addition to the portion of the guitar auction, the Ferry County Rail Trail Partners has also received a large donation from a donor who wishes to remain anonymous. FCRTP Vice President Keith Bell said this money will be earmarked to provide matching funds for future rail trail development grants.