Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Comments

• RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:
    Poncier said:
    Does anyone else think that Spiderverse looks silly?
    I'm hoping my son doesn't ask to go see it.
    It may end up being the most criticially acclaimed superhero movie of all time. I was very skeptical at first but the reviews have me very hyped. 
    Why?  Because they show cultural diversity in the film?

This got 100% on Rotten Tomatoes.  Maybe I'll go see it and reserve judgement.
    The most common theme amongst the universally positive reviews is the beauty and originality of the animation style. Other reoccurring sentiments include praise for the humor, the characterization, and, yes, the diversity. But that is FAR from the only thing that is being lauded. 
    Thanks for that.  

I'll need to see it because I haven't seen one bad review yet!
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    igotid88 said:
    Ant man is the big reveal?  Where is Captain Marvel?!?
    She got her "similiar" reveal already at the end of Infinity War. Try to keep up.
    I thought she was supposed to have a big part in the upcoming Avengers as she still hasn't been revealed yet.   All we saw was a symbol on a phone...

Ms Marvel then Avengers 4 but will there be a third Infinity movie or is Avengers 4 the end of the story?
    I think its called "End Game" for a reason.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • JK_Livin said:
    igotid88 said:
    She got her "similiar" reveal already at the end of Infinity War. Try to keep up.
    I thought she was supposed to have a big part in the upcoming Avengers as she still hasn't been revealed yet.   All we saw was a symbol on a phone...

Ms Marvel then Avengers 4 but will there be a third Infinity movie or is Avengers 4 the end of the story?
    I think its called "End Game" for a reason.
    I read it was called "End Game" too but the directors didn't offer a name just yet.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited December 2018
    igotid88 said:

It was a first teaser. There was a lot not being shown. 

But by all accounts, it seems she will be a key to A4. And she has had 2 trailers for her own movie, Marvel might want to focus on her own debut right now.

A4 is the end of this story. And seems to be the end of many of these actors contracts. I bet some of them will pop up again though.

So its Captain Marvel, then a month later Avengers 4. Then in the summer Spider-Man: Far from Home.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • igotid88 said:

But by all accounts, it seems she will be a key to A4. And she has had 2 trailers for her own movie, Marvel might want to focus on her own debut right now.

A4 is the end of this story. And seems to be the end of many of these actors contracts. I bet some of them will pop up again though.

So its Captain Marvel, then a month later Avengers 4. Then in the summer Spider-Man: Far from Home.
    There's a second Black Panther coming too.

I did see that quite a few stars won't be returning after this go around.  What would you like them to do next?  I'd love to see a take on "Marvels".

Oh and Ms Marvel is the Muslim girl and not Captain Marvel.  My mistake... 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited December 2018
    igotid88 said:

I did see that quite a few stars won't be returning after this go around.  What would you like them to do next?  I'd love to see a take on "Marvels".

But it's not coming in 2018. The next Black Panther will be in the next phase. So that's post-Thanos. A Black Widow movie is coming too. And Guardians volume 3. 

I'm not that familiar with Marvel other than what I grew up with. So I'm not that familiar with the "smaller" characters. With Disney buying Fox - it would be cool to see them rebooting X-Men in this universe and Fantastic Four. Would like a Ruffalo-led Hulk movie, but that won't happen. Daredevil could have been cool, but he seems stuck in TV. 

What heroes do you want to see? I don't even know what "Marvels" is. Yet another team of superheroes?

I'm sad that they have have three shots at doing Spider-Man, and never gotten it right (to me). But people seems pleased with Marvel/Sonys latest version so...

Looking forward to a third Ant-Man movie.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • @Spiritual_Chaos Here is a link on Marvels.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvels

It was drawn by Alex Ross and is visually stunning.  Highly recommended reading.  It's based on a person's view of the super heroes.

So for superheroes I'd like to see one is coming to fruition and that is Gambit.  He was always a fav of mine.

Others I would like to see is anything from the Generation Next series and Chamber especially.  Out of all the newer mutants Chamber was the coolest.

The guy with the energy coming from his mouth is Chamber
    Image result for Marvel generation next Chamber

It was drawn by Alex Ross and is visually stunning.  Highly recommended reading.  It's based on a person's view of the super heroes.

So for superheroes I'd like to see one is coming to fruition and that is Gambit.  He was always a fav of mine.

Others I would like to see is anything from the Generation Next series and Chamber especially.  Out of all the newer mutants Chamber was the coolest.

Fox has tried to get Gambit off the ground with Channing Tatum for forever. Maybe Marvel can step in and make it happen.

I'd like to see the Secret Wars storyline. But maybe a couple of movies on an alien planet won't be exciting enough. And maybe I just remember it foundly, because I read it when I was like 12.

Fox has tried to get Gambit off the ground with Channing Tatum for forever. Maybe Marvel can step in and make it happen.

I'd like to see the Secret Wars storyline. But maybe a couple of movies on an alien planet won't be exciting enough. And maybe I just remember it foundly, because I read it when I was like 12.
    I thought Secret Wars too because of the Venom tie in?  But don't think it will go over well...

And there IS a Gambit movie in the making!!!

I thought Secret Wars too because of the Venom tie in?  But don't think it will go over well...

And there IS a Gambit movie in the making!!!
    The Venom movie is a Sony-only project though. There is no connection to Marvel or the Cinematic Universe. Not even Spider-Man is referenced. 

I think there's an interview where you cal see Kevin Feiges dislike for it. Haha.

It's been in the making forever. Don't hold your breath. Haha.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    igotid88 said:

But it's not coming in 2018. The next Black Panther will be in the next phase. So that's post-Thanos. A Black Widow movie is coming too. And Guardians volume 3. 

I'm not that familiar with Marvel other than what I grew up with. So I'm not that familiar with the "smaller" characters. With Disney buying Fox - it would be cool to see them rebooting X-Men in this universe and Fantastic Four. Would like a Ruffalo-led Hulk movie, but that won't happen. Daredevil could have been cool, but he seems stuck in TV. 

What heroes do you want to see? I don't even know what "Marvels" is. Yet another team of superheroes?

I'm sad that they have have three shots at doing Spider-Man, and never gotten it right (to me). But people seems pleased with Marvel/Sonys latest version so...

I think it would be cool if Captain Marvel was in the van next to Ant-Man. Like she rescued him and he drove them to the Avengers compound. It makes sense that she wasn't in the trailer, as they don't want to take anything away from her solo movie.

Marvel are apparently trying to figure out how to bring the X-Men and Fantastic 4 into the MCU. One of the biggest problems being how to suddenly explain the existence of mutants, when they have not been mentioned at all in the first 10 years (Marvel had to refer to Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver as 'miracles' as they weren't allowed to use the word 'mutants')

Black Widow, The Eternals, and Black Panther 2 are expected to go into production at various points next year, with a view to releases in 2020. Ant-Man 3, Dr Strange 2, and a third Spiderman are bound to happen. And they have hired a writer for Shang-Chi as well.

Guardians 3 has been put on hold for the time being following the James Gunn mess. And Marvel can't release a stand-alone Hulk movie because of the deal with Universal
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • goldrush said:
    igotid88 said:

I think it would be cool if Captain Marvel was in the van next to Ant-Man. Like she rescued him and he drove them to the Avengers compound. It makes sense that she wasn't in the trailer, as they don't want to take anything away from her solo movie.

Marvel are apparently trying to figure out how to bring the X-Men and Fantastic 4 into the MCU. One of the biggest problems being how to suddenly explain the existence of mutants, when they have not been mentioned at all in the first 10 years (Marvel had to refer to Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver as 'miracles' as they weren't allowed to use the word 'mutants')

Black Widow, The Eternals, and Black Panther 2 are expected to go into production at various points next year, with a view to releases in 2020. Ant-Man 3, Dr Strange 2, and a third Spiderman are bound to happen. And they have hired a writer for Shang-Chi as well.

Guardians 3 has been put on hold for the time being following the James Gunn mess. And Marvel can't release a stand-alone Hulk movie because of the deal with Universal
    There hasn’t been one good hulk movie yet. 
    His best appearance was with Thor so far. 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    I don't think they're going to show Captain Marvel in the Avengers trailer yet. Not before that movie comes out.
    I miss igotid88
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Captain Marvel is who saves Tony Stark and Nebula from space.
    Spider Man FFH trailer will be dropping sometime in the near future Did not know Jake Gyllenhaal was playing Mysterio in it.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • goldrush said:
    igotid88 said:

The Incredible Hulk with Norton is secret one of the best movies in the MCU. Swept under the carpet by Marvel themselves and the fans. 

It's alot more competent than many of the later Marvel movies. 

I dig it.
  • goldrush said:
    igotid88 said:

The Incredible Hulk with Norton is secret one of the best movies in the MCU. Swept under the carpet by Marvel themselves and the fans. 

It's alot more competent than many of the later Marvel movies. 

I dig it.
    As much as I love Ed Norton and even more so the Hulk, there is a reason why no one likes this movie and wants it forgotten...

Because it's not good... But it was better than the previous offering.
  • Captain Marvel is who saves Tony Stark and Nebula from space.
    Spider Man FFH trailer will be dropping sometime in the near future Did not know Jake Gyllenhaal was playing Mysterio in it.
    Which would be an interesting take considering she was summoned on earth.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Generally speaking, Marvel’s first trailer from any given movie only shows events from the first act of the movie, and does not show any major developments that everyone (including casual viewers) didn’t already see coming. It acts more like a “Hey this movie is coming!” announcement than an actual trailer. 

It’s usually the second trailer that starts to show  some more of the second act of the movie and maybe even a tease of the third act, along with some big reveals that general audiences may not have seen coming, like Spiderman at the end of the second Civil War trailer or Vision at the end of the Ultron trailer. 

So if this trajectory is followed for Endgame, I would guess that Captain Marvel should be shown in some way, shape, or form in the second Endgame trailer, which will likely drop before her solo movie comes out. So I’m not buying into the whole theory that they are not going to show anything of her in Endgame until her own movie comes out. I would guess that it’s more likely that she isn’t featured heavily in the movie until the second act, and therefore had no place in the first trailer. 
    How do we know she saves Stark and Nebula? Maybe I don't want to know this answer.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    How do we know she saves Stark and Nebula? Maybe I don't want to know this answer.
    I think he was just making a prediction. 
  • JK_Livin said:
    RiotZact said:
    JK_Livin said:
    It could be Mephisto, Death, Living Tribunal, Eternity, The Watcher?!?

All had a part in the comic so who knows who saves them?

Nebula is supposed to steal the Gauntlet from Thanos though.
    edited December 2018
    JK_Livin said:
    RiotZact said:
    JK_Livin said:

I think they will find a way to pay homage to Nebula’s important role in the comics (hence her and stark being the only ones left undusted on Titan), but I don’t think there’s any way that they let her have THAT important of a role. 

As for your other predictions, although anything can happen, I wouldn’t expect to see any of them. This movie is meant to put a cap on an unprecedented 11 year run of 22 movies. I think they’re already pushing the envelope a little bit by giving a new character (Captain Marvel) such a (supposedly) large role when the spotlight is supposed to be on the characters that started it all. 
    RiotZact said:
    JK_Livin said:
    RiotZact said:
    JK_Livin said:

I think they will find a way to pay homage to Nebula’s important role in the comics (hence her and stark being the only ones left undusted on Titan), but I don’t think there’s any way that they let her have THAT important of a role. 

As for your other predictions, although anything can happen, I wouldn’t expect to see any of them. This movie is meant to put a cap on an unprecedented 11 year run of 22 movies. I think they’re already pushing the envelope a little bit by giving a new character (Captain Marvel) such a (supposedly) large role when the spotlight is supposed to be on the characters that started it all. 
    She must have a decent role in the movie to help bring everyone back.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • JK_Livin said:
    RiotZact said:
    JK_Livin said:
    RiotZact said:
    JK_Livin said:

You ever read the comic?  Infinity Gauntlet is a must read.

Captain Marvel takes on the role that Warlock was supposed to do.

I also see a real discredit to not having Captain Marvel anywhere in the Marvel Universe but now.
    edited December 2018
    JK_Livin said:
    RiotZact said:
    JK_Livin said:
    RiotZact said:
    JK_Livin said:

I also see a real discredit to not having Captain Marvel anywhere in the Marvel Universe but now.
    Are you getting some sort of insider info that no one else is? How do you know Captain Marvel is sitting in for Warlock? One could argue that Warlock is the main character of The Infinity Gauntlet minus Thanos. Although I’m sure her role will be significant, I can’t believe that Larson will get top billing over, or equal to, the original Avengers. They were even ballsy enough to dust the huge box office draw Black Panther in order to drive home the message that this movie is about the OGs. I think Captain Marvel will mainly be the muscles of the group so they have a realistic shot at going toe-to-toe with Thanos. I cannot picture her being the heart and soul of the film like Warlock is in the comic. 
    Post edited by RiotZact on
    JK_Livin said:
    RiotZact said:
    JK_Livin said:
    RiotZact said:
    JK_Livin said:

i haven't read any of the comics.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,851
    edited December 2018
    RiotZact said:
    JK_Livin said:
    RiotZact said:
    JK_Livin said:
    RiotZact said:
    JK_Livin said:

Are you getting some sort of insider info that no one else is? How do you know Captain Marvel is sitting in for Warlock? One could argue that Warlock is the main character of The Infinity Gauntlet minus Thanos. Although I’m sure her role will be significant, I can’t believe that Larson will get top billing over, or equal to, the original Avengers. They were even ballsy enough to dust the huge box office draw Black Panther in order to drive home the message that this movie is about the OGs. I think Captain Marvel will mainly be the muscles of the group so they have a realistic shot at going toe-to-toe with Thanos. I cannot picture her being the heart and soul of the film like Warlock is in the comic. 
    Here is why Warlock won't be in it, https://www.slashfilm.com/avengers-infinity-war-adam-warlock-cut/

Also Marvel will be the main character because of the Text at the end of Infinity, her new movie coming up and the rumor that she is the star of End Game.

I would have no problem being wrong and would love Warlock to come in but that appears to not be happening.
    Post edited by tempo_n_groove on
  • JK_Livin said:
    JK_Livin said:
    RiotZact said:
    JK_Livin said:
    RiotZact said:
    JK_Livin said:

i haven't read any of the comics.
    You should buy the trade paper back.  It's a very good read.
  • I also have to add that "End Game" is not the title of Avg 4.  The directors are now keeping that secret too until a later date and End Game was mentioned in Infinity so it wouldn't be used for this one but again, I could be wrong and they could change their minds right?
  • Something else.

Strange saw the future and how to defeat Thanos.  He got disintegrated though...

Did he have to give up the stone so he could come back?

He has a Pt 2 movie coming so maybe Strange takes over for Warlock?

Thoughts?