Please, let's talk PADOVA

SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Edinburgh, Scotland Posts: 398
24th June 2018 – we're in a beautiful small city in the Veneto region, Vedder's voice is gone six days prior and we're maybe slightly worried about what to expect from the second Italy show; the first of a two-parter in Italian stadiums.

An eyesore of a stadium, seats are even a struggle for someone of petite figure. It's almost a logistical nightmare. Once everyone is in place, they blow us apart – again.

Show of the tour: brilliant performance from start to finish. Last Exit -> Do the Evolution -> Animal is rocking; Mike McCready's solo in Even Flow is the most demented I've ever seen him; Spin the Black Circle is outrageous; an Indifference finish seems so apt. 

Just the perfect Sunday evening.

That is all.
2012 – Manchester II
2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
2016 – Wrigley I & II
2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
2019 – Dublin [EV]
2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
2023 – Chicago I & II

Comments

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    edited December 2018
    One of the best Black tags ever, certainly the best Black since 2006 tour.
  • Still dont know why they choose this place
    Great night though
    good version of black and corduroy
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • I was there.  Show was A+.  Venue F-.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,877
    Really loved the show...the energy during Corduroy was amazing! Padova improve was awesome!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    I thought the pre game environment was awesome. Could not have gone any smoother. Then trying to get in the stadium was a nightmare, me and about 30 other fans were denied entry and were told to go to another entrance and then when we got to that entrance, we were told to go back. Finally got in about 10 minutes before the show started and then all was good!!!
  • I thought the pre game environment was awesome. Could not have gone any smoother. Then trying to get in the stadium was a nightmare, me and about 30 other fans were denied entry and were told to go to another entrance and then when we got to that entrance, we were told to go back. Finally got in about 10 minutes before the show started and then all was good!!!

Yes. I also was in that group.... Nobody from security had any idea where the 10c entrance was... kept sending people repeatedly back and forth between entrances... It felt like we only found the right entry by luck at last :)... And then it was an AWSOME show!