1161718192022»

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Everyone should watch this.

http://www.theworkerscupfilm.com/
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    CROJAM95 said:
    Next World Cup to conclude Dec 18th 2022

should be interesting , or a total disaster. All the venues are within 50 miles of each other. Hotel rooms could be big issue

I can't believe that they are still letting this World Cup take place in Qatar.  The bribes and payoffs with their world cup bid were crazy.  And the fact that they have to play it during Nov-Dec in the middle of club season is ridiculous.....it's why it shouldn't have been given to a country where the average high temp in the summer is 110 in the first place!  And all the migrant workers being used that are living and working in horrific conditions to build these stadiums.  Oh yeah, and homosexuality is illegal in Qatar.  What a mess.   

There are several countries (US, England, Germany, France) with the existing infrastructure and stadiums to host in 2022.  If FIFA had any balls, they would have taken this away from Qatar as soon as Blatter and the rest of the corrupt assholes were thrown out.
    Agreed FIFA should be calld out for that ..
    Well a crap load of people were arrested and Sepp Blatter lost his job and can barely go anywhere without being arrested
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    mcgruff10 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Next World Cup to conclude Dec 18th 2022

should be interesting , or a total disaster. All the venues are within 50 miles of each other. Hotel rooms could be big issue

I can't believe that they are still letting this World Cup take place in Qatar.  The bribes and payoffs with their world cup bid were crazy.  And the fact that they have to play it during Nov-Dec in the middle of club season is ridiculous.....it's why it shouldn't have been given to a country where the average high temp in the summer is 110 in the first place!  And all the migrant workers being used that are living and working in horrific conditions to build these stadiums.  Oh yeah, and homosexuality is illegal in Qatar.  What a mess.   

There are several countries (US, England, Germany, France) with the existing infrastructure and stadiums to host in 2022.  If FIFA had any balls, they would have taken this away from Qatar as soon as Blatter and the rest of the corrupt assholes were thrown out.
    Agreed.  But why would fifa say anything when their own pockets were probably lined?  Is there an increase in teams for the 2022 world cup?
    It's still TBD if they are expanding to 48 teams for 2022.  It's definitely going to 48 teams for 2026.  I doubt Qatar would be able to handle the increased number of games with an expanded field but who the hell knows.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Australia had a decent bid and we spent a lot of money on the bid yet got no votes from memory. What a fkn joke.
    Wow, I did not know it is in December, wtf.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    The partying in Croatia continue and it's insane.
    Every player's home town has welcomed them with big parties.
    Enjoying watching videos on Facebook. 
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Australia would be a perfect country to a host a World Cup. One day I ll get down there 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    2026 Canada, US, Mexico ... have they decided the host cities.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • NanouNanou Posts: 191
    The partying in Croatia continue and it's insane.
    Every player's home town has welcomed them with big parties.
    Enjoying watching videos on Facebook. 
    Me too! :)
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    You know US soccer is in a very bad place when we have to team up with Mexico and Canada to host a world cup.  The the US team and world cup bid should have been relegated to Davy Jones locker after getting beat by some island in the middle of nowhere.  
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Jason P said:
    You know US soccer is in a very bad place when we have to team up with Mexico and Canada to host a world cup.  The the US team and world cup bid should have been relegated to Davy Jones locker after getting beat by some island in the middle of nowhere.  

I heard today that kids playing in the USA is down over 300,000 in the last year, and over 4 Million in the last 3 or 4 years. The reason? It's all about Travel team, and not every kid can afford to pay to play. Kids/parents have to make a decision if they are good enough, to pay to play, when ther 9-13 years old. A kid may not be good at those ages, but there not given the chance to improve  because they STOP playing. Gone are the LOCAL Leagues where kids would have an opportunity to play.  
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    cutz said:
    Jason P said:

I heard today that kids playing in the USA is down over 300,000 in the last year, and over 4 Million in the last 3 or 4 years. The reason? It's all about Travel team, and not every kid can afford to pay to play. Kids/parents have to make a decision if they are good enough, to pay to play, when ther 9-13 years old. A kid may not be good at those ages, but there not given the chance to improve  because they STOP playing. Gone are the LOCAL Leagues where kids would have an opportunity to play.  
    Yep Soccer in America will never be on the level of the other parts of the world , remember we had Pele play here even though it was at the end of his career but still didn’t catch fire it did for a couple of yrs but that’s about it ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Jason P said:
    Yeah because hosting a majority of the world cup games is a bad thing for US Soccer.  I'm really down on USMNT right now but this is a bit of a reach.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    Qatar world cup will be  fuckin hot
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    I couldn't find a football thread so posting here....

LUKA MODRIC!

And this was unfortunate....
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2018/dec/03/ada-hegerberg-is-asked-if-she-knows-how-to-twerk-when-accepting-ballon-dor-video
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited December 2018

LUKA MODRIC!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2018/dec/03/ada-hegerberg-is-asked-if-she-knows-how-to-twerk-when-accepting-ballon-dor-video
    Haha this was so embarrassing . She was having her big moment and he was like, but can you twerk?
    Post edited by Annafalk on
    Annafalk said:

LUKA MODRIC!

Haha this was so embarrassing . She was having her big moment and he was like, but can you twerk?
    Disrespectful towards women and disregarding her achievement. 
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Annafalk said:

LUKA MODRIC!

Disrespectful towards women and disregarding her achievement. 
    Absolutely.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

LUKA MODRIC!

Poor Hegerberg. That was uncalled for and disrespectful. I don't think anyone asked Messi if he could twerk while receiving an award.

I'm thrilled for Luka Modric! Totally deserved. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Annafalk said:

LUKA MODRIC!

Disgusting.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • It just  shows how in the dark ages football is. Modric  deserved the award. The clown should be sacked who said about twerking.  Piss poor attitude 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -