El Chapo

2»

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

callen said:

We have unlimited corporate campaign donations from lobbyists and news organizations funded by advertisers. All relative.
    Though agree it's shameful how Mexican government seems powerless in dealing with powerful prisoners. And have been shaken down by Mexican police. Typical. Did have local Constable in Houston ask me for cash donation. Told him I didn't have cash and let me go no ticket.

Let's just legalize all drugs including the hard stuff. Treat medically with good education for our youth. Legalize prostitution and control our guns that go into Mexico.

The Callen.

legalizing all drugs including the hard stuff is not the answer death and crime will crime will sky rocket, I don't know if you've ever seen a herion junky hurting and willing to do anything to get better but it's not pretty...AIDS and other STD's will be even worse than they are now, you can't compare a drunk to a junky either the pain and suffering of a junky turns people into something they never thought possible,
    I've heaed the stories of other countries making places for junkies to legally do thier thing but I'll bet the death and crime that happens in those areas is mind boggeling not to mention the lifes that are simply ruined.

Godfather.
    Would you run out and get some heroin if it was legalized?
    Me neither.

If cocaine was legal and available at Walgreens ... yeah, I would try it.

Fact is I've never seen it and wouldn't know where to get it.
    mehh...it ain't all it's "cracked" up to be. LOL !!!!!

Godfather.

Hahaha good one! And true, unless it's the very best cocaine you can get it is an average buzz. The ratio of cost to inebriation level is off the charts, far and away the least value for your buck.
    Alcohol wins the value award for sure, it is incredibly idiotic that booze (which is extremely deadly and damaging) is legal and available in every corner store and marijuana (which has never killed anyone) is illegal and people are rotting in prison for simply possessing small amounts.
    Tell that to LSD :wink:
    Cocaine is a different animal. No, it doesn't get you very high unless it's top-shelf or you do a lot...and of course it's dangerous in either scenario. But it does have different qualities that make it something people desire..... there wouldn't be millions using it if it didn't have some kind of benefit to them. I know people hate hearing that....but it's the truth. Same with every drug, and even if used for recreational purposes.

Hahaha yeah, mushies are cheap and unforgettable too!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,507
    edited July 2015
    FWIW, only about 10% of all people who do drugs become addicts. The other 90% just do it for recreation and are perfectly fine. This includes drugs like coke, meth, and heroine.
    BTW, if they started selling coke at the pharmacy, you bet your ass I'd be picking some up for special occasions. Cocaine is a helluva drug. =)

Oh, and yeah, Drowned is right. If you're looking for the most bang for your buck, acid is the hands down winner, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    addicts in the making....everybody says it wont get me I have control over it...HAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAH ...maybe for some that's true but for some it is not, let me see if I got this right , as you say only about 10% of drug users are addicts so lets make all drugs legal right ?
    then I would say only about 10% of gun owners are murders or criminals so why not give states like California thier right open carry or conceal carry without a permit ? just say'n drugs kill more people than guns in the US so why not ?....it's just a few that abuse the right or die as a result of either...right ?

Godfather.
    edited July 2015

addicts in the making....everybody says it wont get me I have control over it...HAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAH ...maybe for some that's true but for some it is not, let me see if I got this right , as you say only about 10% of drug users are addicts so lets make all drugs legal right ?
    then I would say only about 10% of gun owners are murders or criminals so why not give states like California thier right open carry or conceal carry without a permit ? just say'n drugs kill more people than guns in the US so why not ?....it's just a few that abuse the right or die as a result of either...right ?

Godfather.

I certainly hope that 10% of gun owners aren't murderers or criminals, lol, but I guess with the crime rates in the US, you might be right.
    I don't think drugs should be legal because only 10% of users become addicted. I think they should be legal because prohibition doesn't prevent use, prevents regulation and education, creates crime, and wastes money.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388

Godfather.

Gf addiction is a health problem not a militarized moralized police busting down your door and fucking up many lives problem.

Legalize and educate and spend money wasted in policing on health. Be much cheaper AND take money away from dealers.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    well I can honestly say as a X-addict(over 20 years clean thank you very much !) your walking on a slippery slope with that argument because drug addiction blinds education, you might make it out alive and you may not and even if you do the effects of long term drug use will or can affect you long after you clean up...it kinda sneeks up on ya and WAAAM you have heart problems or mental problems and you think to yourelf "shit I'm only 53 years old and I had a heart attack or some even struggle with mental disorders(my good friend Bill) because the demon never left and real consequences paid by X addicts is suiside, (Brian spelling lesson please)
    just say'n folks the danger is real don't kid yourselfs.

Godfather.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

well I can honestly say as a X-addict(over 20 years clean thank you very much !) your walking on a slippery slope with that argument because drug addiction blinds education, you might make it out alive and you may not and even if you do the effects of long term drug use will or can affect you long after you clean up...it kinda sneeks up on ya and WAAAM you have heart problems or mental problems and you think to yourelf "shit I'm only 53 years old and I had a heart attack or some even struggle with mental disorders(my good friend Bill) because the demon never left and real consequences paid by X addicts is suiside, (Brian spelling lesson please)

Godfather.

Congrats on 20+ years, GF!

I get what you're saying, I really do. But think of the money that has been spent treating addicts like criminals. It hasn't solved anything - we lock them up, they get a criminal record, back on the streets with no marketable skills and a criminal record precluding them from many places of employment, back to using, rinse and repeat (or OD and don't repeat). Why don't we try something else? We should show some compassion - you clearly have compassion for them - with education, access to treatment programs, and help getting lives back in order. Use the money we spend on this bogus war on drugs and actually help people. But as long as we continue to treat them like criminals they will continue to do what they do, to the detriment of themselves and society at large. Additionally, let me appeal to your freedom-loving side - think of all of our liberties and rights which have been eroded because of this war on drugs, which is really just a war on people (privacy, search & seizure, civil forfeiture, mandatory minimum sentences, etc...). Here's one way to reverse that trend, restore some liberty, and demonstrate compassion and enlightenment. Its a win-win for everyone except those in power.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    jeffbr said:

Godfather.

Congrats on 20+ years, GF!

I get what you're saying, I really do. But think of the money that has been spent treating addicts like criminals. It hasn't solved anything - we lock them up, they get a criminal record, back on the streets with no marketable skills and a criminal record precluding them from many places of employment, back to using, rinse and repeat (or OD and don't repeat). Why don't we try something else? We should show some compassion - you clearly have compassion for them - with education, access to treatment programs, and help getting lives back in order. Use the money we spend on this bogus war on drugs and actually help people. But as long as we continue to treat them like criminals they will continue to do what they do, to the detriment of themselves and society at large. Additionally, let me appeal to your freedom-loving side - think of all of our liberties and rights which have been eroded because of this war on drugs, which is really just a war on people (privacy, search & seizure, civil forfeiture, mandatory minimum sentences, etc...). Here's one way to reverse that trend, restore some liberty, and demonstrate compassion and enlightenment. Its a win-win for everyone except those in power.
    o.k you got me...very well put, I would have to agree with you here, I have a friend who did 10 years on a drug charge and when he got out he has managed to stay clean and crime free but as you mentioned he now has a record that will follow him around and exclude him from most good paying jobs infact he asked me to help him get a job where I work and when i told him they do an extesive back ground check because we do government work there was no way it would happen, he now owns and runs a HD repair shop out of his garage (not doing so great) but he was an AP mechanic and made good money and now it's gone.

Godfather.

• InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    He should pray that Machete is a fictional character.

He should pray that Machete is a fictional character.

Mechete ?

Godfather.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    Welcome to America, amigo!
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Our own real life Machete is back!
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,651
    .Precedent Trump was right. Mexico IS sending us murdererrs and drug dealers.......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:

.Precedent Trump was right. Mexico IS sending us murdererrs and drug dealers.......

:lol:
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    anyone follow the trial.  he seems the perfect DP candidate.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    VICENTE FOX ON EL CHAPO
    YES TO CONJUGAL VISITS BUT ...
    http://www.tmz.com/2018/12/02/ex-president-mexico-vicente-fox-talks-el-chapo-conjugal-visits/

I guess he was on el Chapo payroll or he is just a FUCKING IDIOT...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • I believe he is here in Brooklyn for trial.
    I believe he is here in Brooklyn for trial.
    Yeah, is that trial happening yet? There is surprisingly little news about it.
    Frankly, I'm surprised El Chapo hasn't been taken out by now.
  • PJ_Soul said:
    I believe he is here in Brooklyn for trial.
    Yeah, is that trial happening yet? There is surprisingly little news about it.
    Frankly, I'm surprised El Chapo hasn't been taken out by now.
    They have a stupid amount of security surrounding him.

No one is getting to that guy.
    Yes the trial has started.  I have read that they are worried about the jury.  That's one jury you do your best to get out of...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Yes the trial has started.  I have read that they are worried about the jury.  That's one jury you do your best to get out of...
    Yeah, no shit eh?