Options

El Chapo

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/07/12/inside-el-chapo-s-brazen-escape.html#

do you think he'll get caught ?......again ! , this is his second escape and he's probably hiding in the US for now.

Godfather.

Comments

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    or.......maybe he's hang'n with Donald..HAHAHHAHHAHHAHA

Godfather.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,938
    Guy like that cant stay underground. He'll surface and people will die in recapturing him.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,773
    He's a robot and will make you his pet.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    No - the guy didn't just "escape", he had much assistance in doing so. And, it seems much forethought, preparation and physical work was put into that tunnel.

Is it safe to assume he had some help from the inside too?

(and, to the journalist person who wrote this article..."but his dramatic escape is almost sure to make him a folk hero despite countless wrecked lives and thousands of murdered innocents." Really? Fuck you, Michael Daly.)
  • Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    Have you seen this asshole's Twitter page? I get a sense his ego will be his ultimate demise.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,990
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Reminds me of the plot in the movie "Swat".
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Do you think this guy was pissed off and nervous when he heard about those two guys from New York?
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123

Do you think this guy was pissed off and nervous when he heard about those two guys from New York?

Nah, those bros didn't have $3B to bribe the guards along with personal death squads to make sure any guard wouldn't be kissing their ass 24/7. He was probably pissed it took this long.

Did you see his digs in prison. He had a bathtub in his cell with sliding glass privacy doors and a private closet as far as the pictures showed. I've seen documentaries of Mexican prisons. You are lucky if they give you a rock for a pillow.

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Good ole corruption. Course we have it here as well. Money talks.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    mexicos government can be bought more easily than most and a less money than one would expect
    so el chopa's escape is no big surprise really but before it's all said and done he will end up just like pablo escabar because a new cartel will cut a better deal with the mexican government then the mexican government will "ASK" the US government for help to capture el chopa, the US govenment will fly in under the rador cap his ass and give the credit to the mexican police who will only be too happy to gather around his dead body for photos and hold up his severed head as a sign of streanth.

Godfather.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited July 2015
    We have unlimited corporate campaign donations from lobbyists and news organizations funded by advertisers. All relative.
    Though agree it's shameful how Mexican government seems powerless in dealing with powerful prisoners. And have been shaken down by Mexican police. Typical. Did have local Constable in Houston ask me for cash donation. Told him I didn't have cash and let me go no ticket.

Let's just legalize all drugs including the hard stuff. Treat medically with good education for our youth. Legalize prostitution and control our guns that go into Mexico.

The Callen.
    Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen said:

We have unlimited corporate campaign donations from lobbyists and news organizations funded by advertisers. All relative.
    Though agree it's shameful how Mexican government seems powerless in dealing with powerful prisoners. And have been shaken down by Mexican police. Typical. Did have local Constable in Houston ask me for cash donation. Told him I didn't have cash and let me go no ticket.

Let's just legalize all drugs including the hard stuff. Treat medically with good education for our youth. Legalize prostitution and control our guns that go into Mexico.

The Callen.

legalizing all drugs including the hard stuff is not the answer death and crime will crime will sky rocket, I don't know if you've ever seen a herion junky hurting and willing to do anything to get better but it's not pretty...AIDS and other STD's will be even worse than they are now, you can't compare a drunk to a junky either the pain and suffering of a junky turns people into something they never thought possible,
    I've heaed the stories of other countries making places for junkies to legally do thier thing but I'll bet the death and crime that happens in those areas is mind boggeling not to mention the lifes that are simply ruined.

Godfather.

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,606

callen said:

The Callen.

legalizing all drugs including the hard stuff is not the answer death and crime will crime will sky rocket, I don't know if you've ever seen a herion junky hurting and willing to do anything to get better but it's not pretty...AIDS and other STD's will be even worse than they are now, you can't compare a drunk to a junky either the pain and suffering of a junky turns people into something they never thought possible,
    I've heaed the stories of other countries making places for junkies to legally do thier thing but I'll bet the death and crime that happens in those areas is mind boggeling not to mention the lifes that are simply ruined.

Godfather.

I don't necessarily think full scale legalization is the answer, but I also know that the fact that heroin is against the law doesn't deter one god damn junkie in the streets. The problem is that cops don't do real cop work anymore because they know if they bust someone for low level possession, they get OT for showing up to court. Minimize the penalties for possession and benefits for cops arresting people for possession and they will be forced to do actual police work. Things like concentrating on rape and other violent crimes. Then you get the actual problem junkies off the street and not just anyone with a bag.
  • Options

callen said:

The Callen.

Godfather.

I don't necessarily think full scale legalization is the answer, but I also know that the fact that heroin is against the law doesn't deter one god damn junkie in the streets. The problem is that cops don't do real cop work anymore because they know if they bust someone for low level possession, they get OT for showing up to court. Minimize the penalties for possession and benefits for cops arresting people for possession and they will be forced to do actual police work. Things like concentrating on rape and other violent crimes. Then you get the actual problem junkies off the street and not just anyone with a bag.
    that's something to think about....I like it.

Godfather.

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,841

callen said:

The Callen.

Godfather.

Not sure if this is quite what you mean but there is a supervised injection site in Vancouver, BC. IV drug users can use the facilities to inject drugs that they bring in (i.e. drugs aren't provided), using the clean rigs provided in a warm, dry environment and with medical staff around if needed. There are counseling services onsite for those wanting to stop using, but the overall approach is one of harm reduction. The area has been one of "death and crime" for far longer than the supervised injection site has been there - that's why it was located there. Their evidence for reduction in disease transmission, crime and human misery is strong; despite this, our federal government keeps trying to shut it down, but luckily without success so far.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    edited July 2015

callen said:

The Callen.

Godfather.
    Would you run out and get some heroin if it was legalized?
    Me neither.

• Options

callen said:

The Callen.

Godfather.
    Me neither.

mybe not you or I but there will be many that will and you can bank on that.

Godfather.

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

callen said:

The Callen.

Godfather.
    Me neither.

Godfather.

I'm sure there would be a few who would try it because it was legal. But most clear thinking people will stay away. Anyone with half a brain knows the potential harm. But with legalization comes regulation. That regulation can lead to consistent quality standards for the product, which will result in fewer ODs. And the regulation would likely be supported by taxes which could then fund education and treatment. Instead we have an illegal drug which is not controlled. Nobody knows what they're buying, and we're spending a fortune on ineffective law enforcement and incarceration, which doesn't deal with any of the root issues. Lastly, legalization cuts into the criminal black market, thus reducing crime. So legalization would likely save lives and save taxpayer money and reduce crime.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options

callen said:

The Callen.

Godfather.
    Me neither.

Godfather.

No I can't. We've been through this before....I post information, you refuse to process and accept it. Why is that? Is this so ingrained in your psyche that you will not accept scientific evidence because of your predetermined beliefs? Will anything (any fact) change your mind?

HIV infections do not increase, they decrease. If use increases for any drug, it is minimal....but with hard drugs, usage rates tend to trend downward. When comparing the harm done by prohibition to the harm done by slight increases in use of 'soft' drugs, the benefits are obvious. That's without the COST/benefit analysis. Throw in the correlation between increased use of MJ/soft drugs, and decreased alcohol use, and there is no good reason to continue the drug war.

http://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/greenwald_whitepaper.pdf
    Since decriminalization, lifetime prevalence rates (..) in Portugal have decreased for various age groups. For students in the 7th–9th grades (13–15 years old), the rate decreased from 14.1 percent in 2001 to 10.6 percent in 2006.30 For those in the 10th–12th grades (16–18 years old), the lifetime prevalence rate, which increased from 14.1 percent in 1995 to 27.6 percent in 2001, the year of decriminalization,has decreased subsequent to decriminalization, to 21.6 percent in 2006.31 For the same groups, prevalence rates for psychoactive substances have also decreased subsequent to decriminalization.32 In fact, for those two critical groups of youth (13–15 years and 16–18 years), prevalence rates have declined for virtually every substance since decriminalization (see Figures 4 and 5).33
    (...)
    Perhaps most strikingly, while prevalence rates for the period from 1999 to 2005, for the 16–18 age group, increased somewhat for cannabis (9.4 to 15.1 percent) and for drugs generally (12.3 to 17.7 percent), the prevalence rate decreased during that same period for heroin (2.5 to 1.8 percent),40 the substance that Portuguese drug officials believed was far and away the most socially destructive.
    (...)
    the percentage of drug users among newly infected HIV-positive individuals continues to decline.

More reading for ya:
    http://content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1893946,00.html
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,938
    Haven't read it yet but saw an article headline claiming DEA had knowledge of escape since last year
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

callen said:

The Callen.

Godfather.
    Me neither.

If cocaine was legal and available at Walgreens ... yeah, I would try it.

Fact is I've never seen it and wouldn't know where to get it.
  • Options
    I always thought Chapo was the US/CIA's guy in Mexico, so I was surprised he went down in the first place.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Jason P said:

callen said:

The Callen.

Godfather.
    Me neither.

Sweet. I'd join you :tongue:
    What do you think would happen next? Sell the house, and your ass on a corner?
    Most users are responsible about it.
    even if YOU would try it....the case study data shows this shouldn't be a concern.

....and if you really wanted to try cocaine, you could pretty easily find it. If not through contacts from weed dealers, club goers, young people in your area (I know you told me before that you are not in an urban area), then through tor sites via mail order....I know people who have done this and say that without signing for a package, there is virtually no risk to the receiver. The war on drugs doesn't do much to prevent people from obtaining drugs if they want them.
    Post edited by Drowned Out on
  • Options
    Prison Warden Vows To Take Away El Chapo’s Tunnel Privileges If Captured

ALMOLOYA DE JUAREZ, MEXICO—Following the drug kingpin’s recent escape from the maximum security facility, Arturo Terrazas, warden of the Altiplano prison in central Mexico, vowed Monday to take away Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman’s tunnel privileges if he is captured. “Here at Altiplano, prisoners must earn their access to any of our mile-long electrically lit and ventilated subterranean passageways, and I can assure you that Mr. Guzman will be forfeiting this right once he is taken into custody and reincarcerated,” Terrazas told reporters, adding that Guzman will also be expressly prohibited from renting out any power tools or dollies from the prison workshop as part of the additional punitive measures he will face if he is apprehended. “Mr. Guzman will need to establish a long track record of good behavior before we even consider reinstating his daily visits to the tunnel system that connects the prison grounds with various homes surrounding the complex. Of course, even then we will restrict him to 60-minute sessions conducted after the rest of our resident population has finished using the underground corridors themselves.” Terrazas concluded that, while Guzman must be disciplined, he believes it would be inhumane to also deprive the cartel leader of his ventilation duct hours.

theonion.com/article/prison-warden-vows-take-away-el-chapos-tunnel-priv-50833
  • Options

callen said:

The Callen.

Godfather.
    Me neither.

mybe not you or I but there will be many that will and you can bank on that

callen said:

The Callen.

Godfather.
    Me neither.

Godfather.

No I can't. We've been through this before....I post information, you refuse to process and accept it. Why is that? Is this so ingrained in your psyche that you will not accept scientific evidence because of your predetermined beliefs? Will anything (any fact) change your mind?

HIV infections do not increase, they decrease. If use increases for any drug, it is minimal....but with hard drugs, usage rates tend to trend downward. When comparing the harm done by prohibition to the harm done by slight increases in use of 'soft' drugs, the benefits are obvious. That's without the COST/benefit analysis. Throw in the correlation between increased use of MJ/soft drugs, and decreased alcohol use, and there is no good reason to continue the drug war.

http://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/greenwald_whitepaper.pdf
    Since decriminalization, lifetime prevalence rates (..) in Portugal have decreased for various age groups. For students in the 7th–9th grades (13–15 years old), the rate decreased from 14.1 percent in 2001 to 10.6 percent in 2006.30 For those in the 10th–12th grades (16–18 years old), the lifetime prevalence rate, which increased from 14.1 percent in 1995 to 27.6 percent in 2001, the year of decriminalization,has decreased subsequent to decriminalization, to 21.6 percent in 2006.31 For the same groups, prevalence rates for psychoactive substances have also decreased subsequent to decriminalization.32 In fact, for those two critical groups of youth (13–15 years and 16–18 years), prevalence rates have declined for virtually every substance since decriminalization (see Figures 4 and 5).33
    (...)
    Perhaps most strikingly, while prevalence rates for the period from 1999 to 2005, for the 16–18 age group, increased somewhat for cannabis (9.4 to 15.1 percent) and for drugs generally (12.3 to 17.7 percent), the prevalence rate decreased during that same period for heroin (2.5 to 1.8 percent),40 the substance that Portuguese drug officials believed was far and away the most socially destructive.
    (...)
    the percentage of drug users among newly infected HIV-positive individuals continues to decline.

More reading for ya:
    http://content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1893946,00.html
    yea I know, I'm just dificult(brian lessOn please) that way please don't take it personally.

Godfather.

• Options
    Jason P said:

callen said:

The Callen.

Godfather.
    Me neither.

mehh...it ain't all it's "cracked" up to be. LOL !!!!!

Godfather.

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Jason P said:

callen said:

The Callen.

Godfather.
    Me neither.

Godfather.

Hahaha good one! And true, unless it's the very best cocaine you can get it is an average buzz. The ratio of cost to inebriation level is off the charts, far and away the least value for your buck.
    Alcohol wins the value award for sure, it is incredibly idiotic that booze (which is extremely deadly and damaging) is legal and available in every corner store and marijuana (which has never killed anyone) is illegal and people are rotting in prison for simply possessing small amounts.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Jason P said:

callen said:

The Callen.

Godfather.
    Me neither.

Godfather.

Hahaha good one! And true, unless it's the very best cocaine you can get it is an average buzz. The ratio of cost to inebriation level is off the charts, far and away the least value for your buck.
    Alcohol wins the value award for sure, it is incredibly idiotic that booze (which is extremely deadly and damaging) is legal and available in every corner store and marijuana (which has never killed anyone) is illegal and people are rotting in prison for simply possessing small amounts.
    Tell that to LSD :wink:
    Cocaine is a different animal. No, it doesn't get you very high unless it's top-shelf or you do a lot...and of course it's dangerous in either scenario. But it does have different qualities that make it something people desire..... there wouldn't be millions using it if it didn't have some kind of benefit to them. I know people hate hearing that....but it's the truth. Same with every drug, and even if used for recreational purposes.

• Options

Jason P said:

callen said:

The Callen.

Godfather.
    Me neither.

Sweet. I'd join you :tongue:
    What do you think would happen next? Sell the house, and your ass on a corner?
    Most users are responsible about it.
    even if YOU would try it....the case study data shows this shouldn't be a concern.

....and if you really wanted to try cocaine, you could pretty easily find it. If not through contacts from weed dealers, club goers, young people in your area (I know you told me before that you are not in an urban area), then through tor sites via mail order....I know people who have done this and say that without signing for a package, there is virtually no risk to the receiver. The war on drugs doesn't do much to prevent people from obtaining drugs if they want them.
    My concern is that I know a lot of people that used K2 that wouldn't smoke pot because it could land them in jail or cost them their jobs. And no one even knows what the hell chems they add to it but they smoke it because it's a loophole.

If we take the taboo away from all narcotics, it will be a free for all and people who have lived a sober life will suffer from addiction at sky high level rates.

I think if we make pot legal, that would suffice because people like pot and I think they would be chill with that being the threshold to partake in. Anything above pot, then it becomes dangerous.