Options

Melbourne, Australia 1995 - Rarefied and Live Show

Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 930
edited November 2018 in The Porch

What's up everyone? Time to get some interest going for next week's episode as we take our first tour down under to Melbourne, Australia. We're covering the show that was used for the Rarefied And Live album. For any old school Aussie fans out there that were in attendance we'd love to hear your stories and memories about being at this show or any of the 1995 Australian shows in general. Would also like to hear from those who owned the album at the time and their thoughts and feelings on it. Feel free to comment below or write to us at Liveon4LegsPodcast@gmail.com. Looking forward to all of your stories!

Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com

Comments

• Options
    Episode is live! Listen here:
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,938
    1995...Year 10 of school, I didn’t go to the show unfortunately as I wasn’t a big music fan at this stage and didn’t know a great deal about PJ at the time. A lot of kids were and Betterman was all over the radio. I remember the tour and the hype surrounding it. The show at the music bowl days after made headlines when the fans outside crashed through the fence to make sure they didn’t miss out. I own this disc. It’s one of my go to shows. I bought it from a second hand dealer for $50. It’s amazing quality and probably now the best $50 I’ve ever spent on a piece of music. Three classic albums into a great career and there isn’t bad note. From the first notes of release to extended jams at the back end on Porch this is a must listen to show. If not for the boots this would have to be a vault release!
    highlights: the whole damn show. Wow! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    NiktoNikto Melbourne, Australia Posts: 133
    I was there, my first PJ concert.  Can't really remember it, but Dave Grohl on drums for Rockin' was pretty special.
    Melbourne: March 17 1995, March 18 1995, March 2 1998, February 18 2003, November 13 2006, November 20 2009, January 24 2014
    Ed Solo
    Melbourne: March 24 2011, February 16 2014
  • Options
    NiktoNikto Melbourne, Australia Posts: 133
    1995...Year 10 of school, I didn’t go to the show unfortunately as I wasn’t a big music fan at this stage and didn’t know a great deal about PJ at the time. A lot of kids were and Betterman was all over the radio. I remember the tour and the hype surrounding it. The show at the music bowl days after made headlines when the fans outside crashed through the fence to make sure they didn’t miss out. I own this disc. It’s one of my go to shows. I bought it from a second hand dealer for $50. It’s amazing quality and probably now the best $50 I’ve ever spent on a piece of music. Three classic albums into a great career and there isn’t bad note. From the first notes of release to extended jams at the back end on Porch this is a must listen to show. If not for the boots this would have to be a vault release!
    highlights: the whole damn show. Wow! 
    The show at the Music Bowl was a better experience, I still remember going up the hill to go to the water station just before they played Once an realizing that there were MANY more people at the show then there was at the start.  It was only until the next day that we found out about the fans breaking down the fences.
    Melbourne: March 17 1995, March 18 1995, March 2 1998, February 18 2003, November 13 2006, November 20 2009, January 24 2014
    Ed Solo
    Melbourne: March 24 2011, February 16 2014