Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Red wave, Danslide
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,487
    edited November 2018
    The game of the games, the superclasico, the biggest rivality in the planet tonight!!!..
    River Plate vs Boca Juniors..
    Post edited by 23scidoo on
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    SD48277 said:
    njnancy said:
    Not renewing my membership.
    I hope you are referring to a gym membership and not your 10 Club membership; you would be missed here.
    I needed a little time away; I was taking things too personally. I'm okay now. Thank you. :smile:
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    njnancy said:
    SD48277 said:
    njnancy said:
    I hope you are referring to a gym membership and not your 10 Club membership; you would be missed here.
    I needed a little time away; I was taking things too personally. I'm okay now. Thank you. :smile:
    Good!  Gotta do what we can to maintain our...well, just to maintain ;)

I just watched a small piece on the news of a woman about my age celebrating her first year after having her liver transplanted.  She looked healthy and happy, and it made me smile.
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    njnancy said:
    SD48277 said:
    njnancy said:
    Good!  Gotta do what we can to maintain our...well, just to maintain ;)

I just watched a small piece on the news of a woman about my age celebrating her first year after having her liver transplanted.  She looked healthy and happy, and it made me smile.
    Agreed - maintaining is important and I am behind on a lot of that.  I have agoraphobia from my PTSD  so that makes doing life things difficult, but another hurtle to overcome is what life is all about. I just wish this hurtle wasn't so high, it can be mentally exhausting.  And I need to take care of preventative medical stuff which naturally involve leaving the house. It's my struggle - we all have our own.

I need to seek out positive sources of entertainment and interaction as well as serious ones. I find that I do not watch comedies as much as I watch serious documentaries and dramas. So I started watching a comedy series last night. And I try to disconnect more.
    Any opportunity to be reminded not to take life and ourselves so seriously is important and seeking out good news is important. There is such a barrage of negativity on a multi-daily basis; it needs counter measures. 

Glad you got to smile. And I'm glad that woman is at her one year mark. Need to smile more. Thanks for the reminder. :smile:
  • Options
    I can relate closely in ways.

Reliable comedians, or something in which to lose myself, whether nostalgic or new and intense, are the ways I'm leaning these days.  Music is finally finding its way back into my soul, little by little.  Where it used to be constant and fluid is now like feeding a periodic craving.  But, the craving IS there and thankfully, there's plenty to satisfy it.  Last night had me digging on Louis Prima - badass!

(I don't know if you're a Larry David fan, but lately I've been watching random Curb episodes and each time without fail it makes me laugh / feel happy.)
  • Options
    I love dry humor but I just don't get Larry David. He was an awesome writer for Seinfeld but I prefer him as a writer. I know so many people like him, but I just don't get it. Wish I did. 

I have some light stuff that makes me laugh, I just have to choose to watch it instead of something dark or complex.  LOL. Music is my salvation. I put on headphones and listen to all kinds of music - I've been into a lot of indie/roots rock/jam band stuff lately but I have eclectic taste so I can get lost in so much music and it is the only time that my brain stops and just enjoys the moment, if that makes sense.

I am a prolific reader, but I have difficulty reading with the trauma and it is really difficult because books have always been my escape. I practice with magazines or news articles, but I find myself having to reread and it is frustrating.The same with my writing, but I practice on here. She persists. :wink:

I'm listening to one of my Spotify playlists on my headphones (Dispatch, O.A.R., Phish, Twiddle....) while i type this and I've got my eye on a football game that just busted my pool. Music is my salvation.  It's a very happy playlist for me. And I have a show that I'm going to watch when I go into my bedroom. 

Oh, and I have kombucha which always makes me happy. :smiley: Good night. 

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,177

August 10 1997 was a huge day in Atlanta concert history.

Rage Against the Machine w/ Wu Tang Clan

Radiohead w/ Teenage Fanclub

Johnny Cash w/ June Carter Cash

They were all playing in town that day. I chose to see Radiohead at a small club show but I always regretted not seeing Johnny Cash as he stopped touring due to illness shortly after this show. I found the setlist for JC today and it has been on my mind.......... check out these setlists

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rage-against-the-machine/1997/coca-cola-lakewood-amphitheatre-atlanta-ga-33c008dd.html

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/1997/the-masquerade-atlanta-ga-1bd2e528.html

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/johnny-cash/1997/chastain-park-amphitheater-atlanta-ga-6bceb2d2.html

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Ask @dankind
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Today is my 8th year anniversary working for the non-profit that completely changed my life. My co-workers celebrated with me today and it felt damn good :)
  • Options
    Today is my 8th year anniversary working for the non-profit that completely changed my life. My co-workers celebrated with me today and it felt damn good :)
    Happy anniversary!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Thanks Mario!
  • Options
    Insignificance.

(and congrats, HF)
  • Options
    Thank you Mz Hedo :)
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    My Christmas decoration OCD problem I guess. That, or how bad some people are at Christmas decorations, and how ridiculous one of my so-called co-workers is.

I do all the procurement at my office, so of course that results in me ending up being in charge of everything that is ever purchased... so fucking everything, lol. Including the Christmas decorations, apparently. So okay, I'm a trooper and not lazy like everyone else, who literally refused to help even though they have nothing better to do, so I dragged out the tree and all the other shit, put up some lights, hung a wreath (that I picked out, and I must say, it's gorgeous!... Actually I picked out all the decorations, so they're all very nice, haha :lol: )... And then sent out a slack message inviting people to come help decorate the tree.... Jesus Christ, these people, lol!! One person decided it was "more efficient" to take 3 or 4 ornaments and hang them all off of each other, in a big ugly clump. It's faster, she said. :neutral: So I'm going to have to fix all of those later after she's gone.
    Another said she's never decorated a tree before. She's from Sri Lanka, so that makes perfect sense. But our office moron acted like this was shocking and weird to the point that it got embarrassing, so I mentioned that the majority of the Earth's population actually doesn't do a Christmas tree... she stared stupidly at me for a sec, and said, "oh, i didn't know that...... Are there whole religions that don't do Christmas??" This is a 60-something year old woman... How is this a possible conversation???? So I said, "Um, yeah, all religions besides Christian don't do Christmas..." And she actually said "Oh, I didn't realize." So now I'm pretty sure she isn't even aware of what Christmas is at all. Like, it hasn't yet occurred to her in 65 years worth of Christmas Carols that it's supposed to celebrate Jesus's birthday. She was born and raised in Canada. There is obviously a big screw loose there (and yes, she's always been this way - it's intolerable. She's also disgusting). So um, yeah, merry Christmas. :lol:

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    PJ_Soul said:
    My Christmas decoration OCD problem I guess. That, or how bad some people are at Christmas decorations, and how ridiculous one of my so-called co-workers is.

I do all the procurement at my office, so of course that results in me ending up being in charge of everything that is ever purchased... so fucking everything, lol. Including the Christmas decorations, apparently. So okay, I'm a trooper and not lazy like everyone else, who literally refused to help even though they have nothing better to do, so I dragged out the tree and all the other shit, put up some lights, hung a wreath (that I picked out, and I must say, it's gorgeous!... Actually I picked out all the decorations, so they're all very nice, haha :lol: )... And then sent out a slack message inviting people to come help decorate the tree.... Jesus Christ, these people, lol!! One person decided it was "more efficient" to take 3 or 4 ornaments and hang them all off of each other, in a big ugly clump. It's faster, she said. :neutral: So I'm going to have to fix all of those later after she's gone.
    Another said she's never decorated a tree before. She's from Sri Lanka, so that makes perfect sense. But our office moron acted like this was shocking and weird to the point that it got embarrassing, so I mentioned that the majority of the Earth's population actually doesn't do a Christmas tree... she stared stupidly at me for a sec, and said, "oh, i didn't know that...... Are there whole religions that don't do Christmas??" This is a 60-something year old woman... How is this a possible conversation???? So I said, "Um, yeah, all religions besides Christian don't do Christmas..." And she actually said "Oh, I didn't realize." So now I'm pretty sure she isn't even aware of what Christmas is at all. Like, it hasn't yet occurred to her in 65 years worth of Christmas Carols that it's supposed to celebrate Jesus's birthday. She was born and raised in Canada. There is obviously a big screw loose there (and yes, she's always been this way - it's intolerable. She's also disgusting). So um, yeah, merry Christmas. :lol:

That’s hilarious (but I agree, aggravating)!  Did your Sri Lankan co-worker enjoy herself?  I hope so.  As to the other one, just wow!  The ignorance and arrogance is truly astonishing.  
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited November 2018
    PJ_Soul said:

That’s hilarious (but I agree, aggravating)!  Did your Sri Lankan co-worker enjoy herself?  I hope so.  As to the other one, just wow!  The ignorance and arrogance is truly astonishing.  
    No, my Sri Lankan co-worker didn't enjoy herself - she only hung maybe 3 ornament, rolled her eyes, and left, hahaha! But she's an extremely miserable person generally I'm afraid, so that was to be expected. Not to mention the fact that an idiot was gaping at her for not having Christian Christmas traditions :lol: (I do actually have some cool co-workers too btw, lol!).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,216

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,216
    edited November 2018
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,104
    Officially on vacation! Woohoo!
  • Options
    Officially on vacation! Woohoo!
    Enjoy!!
  • Options
    Sometimes it feels like home, sometimes it doesn't. 
  • Options
    OceanInDisguise13OceanInDisguise13 Behind the sun Posts: 919
    Someone I just can’t forget. 
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • Options
    Pit Bulls & Parolees is a sure-fire tearjerker, whether through the atrocities some visit upon dogs or via those who rescue and care for them.

Viva la Tia!
    (and support Villalobos Rescue Center if you can)

• Options
    Awesome Hedo. My dad asks me to give to those in need instead of giving a Christmas present to him each year. This year has been dog themed for some crazy reason even though I'm a cat lover. We picked up supplies for Paws n' Claws earlier today. My daughter and I will check out this site as well. Funny how things like this are meant to be. And great picture.. is that you Mz Hedo?? 
  • Options
    Awesome Hedo. My dad asks me to give to those in need instead of giving a Christmas present to him each year. This year has been dog themed for some crazy reason even though I'm a cat lover. We picked up supplies for Paws n' Claws earlier today. My daughter and I will check out this site as well. Funny how things like this are meant to be. And great picture.. is that you Mz Hedo?? 
    Well, we're both redheads =)  She's beautiful to me, and one of my heroes / heroines.

PS - I like your dad!  A wonderful idea.  So many places could use the help and compassion that comes with it.
  • Options
    ^ Two beautiful girls! And thanks :)
  • Options

• Options
    hedonist said:

Who is that?
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Who is that?
    It's a character Martin Short played.