if this was faceturd, I would :thumbsup:
    I'll throw a turd in your face!

Ooooh snapp!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited November 2018
    MayDay10 said:
    uhhh...

I think this is one of the most amazing renderings I've ever seen. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    edited November 2018
    there is just so much strange in there though.

The ziggurat in left field that is the focal point and basis of the entire design, the strange skyways in the oufield countouring up with trees rooted in them, and cliffs that look easy to plunge to doom.The lack of a center field fence of batter's eye.  The random Cubs fan looking down.  The fact that the crowd is absolutely bonkers in the first inning.  The strange A's orbs floating below the skyways.  The abrupt and jagged angle of foul territory.  The 'gay pride deck' high up in right field.  

It looks very small though, which is a good thing
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    MayDay10 said:
    there is just so much strange in there though.

The ziggurat in left field that is the focal point and basis of the entire design, the strange skyways in the oufield countouring up with trees rooted in them, and cliffs that look easy to plunge to doom.The lack of a center field fence of batter's eye.  The random Cubs fan looking down.  The fact that the crowd is absolutely bonkers in the first inning.  The strange A's orbs floating below the skyways.  The abrupt and jagged angle of foul territory.  The 'gay pride deck' high up in right field.  

It looks very small though, which is a good thing
    Everything is intriguing. EVERYTHING.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    According to the A's twitter, the batter's eye "will be retractable so it can come down during gameplay."
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    According to the A's twitter, the batter's eye "will be retractable so it can come down during gameplay."
    That is very odd. 

Place sure is interesting.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    if it is that open in left field and right field the Sun at times will blind the batters.  Just don't see how that outfield can be.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    pjhawks said:
    if it is that open in left field and right field the Sun at times will blind the batters.  Just don't see how that outfield can be.
    And imagine when the wind is blowing in.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    They are also stating the park is positioned in a way "to help reduce the impact of the sun on game play."  Looking at google maps, it appears like it'll be facing ESE according to the renderings.
    It just seems like a weird park design to me.  I'm with MayDay on this.  Leave it to the A's to make something even uglier than the coliseum.
  • According to the A's twitter, the batter's eye "will be retractable so it can come down during gameplay."
    How the hell is that gonna work?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I think that stadium looks awesome.
    If these guys can figure it out, I am sure an MLB stadium can  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15u-Nd0oa4k
    I'm as curious as you are.  I was picturing something like Cliffy just posted but with rigid panels.
  • According to the A's twitter, the batter's eye "will be retractable so it can come down during gameplay."
    If these guys can figure it out, I am sure an MLB stadium can  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15u-Nd0oa4k
    So they cover the whole scoreboard too?

I'll have to see it to believe it.
    Am I crazy to think this is not a teeerible trade for the Mets, assuming they’re not paying nearly the full $120 left?

Cano can still ball and they get a stud reliever
  • Am I crazy to think this is not a teeerible trade for the Mets, assuming they’re not paying nearly the full $120 left?

Cano can still ball and they get a stud reliever
    The mets need another bat, I'm sorry they need any bat, that they can get considering Bruce was abysmal and Coespedis is always hurt.

Having a good reliever means that DeGrom will be a 30 win pitcher next year too.

It's good for the Mets as long as both are healthy and the rest of the team is around to play, sky is the limit for them.
  • GREAT for them.  Now they need a middle reliever or two, one more bat and they've got a damn good team.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    So they pay $60MM for 5 years? 
    36 years old.
    He played for 14 years so far...tough to think he can keep it going.  That stated, he should be good for a few years, at least.  Some more enhancers and perhaps he is good for longer.

Are any of those prospects good?  I know Bruce was terrible last year and I have no idea about Swarzak.

Bruce has 2 more years and can be a good player, although even in his best years he has always been a hot/cold guy.  (Last year I don't think he ever got hot!)

If any of those prospects are any good at all I think the Mariners got what they wanted.  Half rate on a shit contract belonging to a 36 year old juicer with 5 years remaining.

edited November 2018
    So they pay $60MM for 5 years? 
    36 years old.
    He played for 14 years so far...tough to think he can keep it going.  That stated, he should be good for a few years, at least.  Some more enhancers and perhaps he is good for longer.

Are any of those prospects good?  I know Bruce was terrible last year and I have no idea about Swarzak.

Bruce has 2 more years and can be a good player, although even in his best years he has always been a hot/cold guy.  (Last year I don't think he ever got hot!)

If any of those prospects are any good at all I think the Mariners got what they wanted.  Half rate on a shit contract belonging to a 36 year old juicer with 5 years remaining.

So with the Bruce contract going back, I believe the difference in the Cano contract is only $26 mil.  So technically all things considered they are paying about $5 mil a year for Cano over Bruce.  Even if they were to cut him in a few years, that is more than reasonable.

And Cano can still rake.

And they get an absolutely stud reliever.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    edited November 2018
    But what about the last three years of the deal?
    Hope it works for both clubs how they like
    Diaz... You are right.  He's a fucking champ.
    *Edit - never mind, I see you considered the contract and if they cut him
    Don't post while on conference calls!
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • I know I joked about this but I really really hope that the trade to the Mets doesn't go bad.  The Mets have been cursed in the past...
    But what about the last three years of the deal?
    Hope it works for both clubs how they like
    Diaz... You are right.  He's a fucking champ.
    But if you technically are paying $18 mil for this 3 years, is it really that bad?  Is $10 mil even that bad of a contract for Cano's 38 and on seasons, if you don't want to consider the Bruce contract savings on Cano?
    Ha, i am doing the same, and just got called on...
    Like you hear cano and you think suspension, old, terrible contract. But when you look at this trade as a whole, I don't hate it at all.
    I don’t like the cano deal with the dollars now.