2017 ISO Goose Island Beer!!!

1235»

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,928
    Wow!  Congrats on that win...that's awesome.  I ended up with a whole bunch of regulars and all the variants except reserve and wheatwine/coffee barleywine.  Obviously wanted the reserve but wasn't interested in the other 2.  Still bummed that they didn't do a regular coffee this year...that's always one of my favorites.

Had the regular 2018 last night....awesome as usual.  Going to a local spot later today where they are tapping vanilla and midnight orange.  Very excited for the vanilla....sounds like it is a really good one.
    Cool. Report back on your thoughts with the vanilla and orange if you get a chance. Curious to hear. 
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,626
    Where is the tapping
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,734
    cmalisze said:
    Where is the tapping

Emerson's Ale House in Mount Prospect.  They're also tapping Founder's CBS and Cafe Deth.  Great bar that always has a great selection on tap.  Awesome food too.  I spend a lot of time there.
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,626
    Oh not too far from me.....
    cmalisze said:
    Where is the tapping

Emerson's Ale House in Mount Prospect.  They're also tapping Founder's CBS and Cafe Deth.  Great bar that always has a great selection on tap.  Awesome food too.  I spend a lot of time there.
    Opened a CBS Wednesday night and it was outstanding. Had a Cafe Deth as well. Not as good imo. 
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,082
    Wow!  Congrats on that win...that's awesome.  I ended up with a whole bunch of regulars and all the variants except reserve and wheatwine/coffee barleywine.  Obviously wanted the reserve but wasn't interested in the other 2.  Still bummed that they didn't do a regular coffee this year...that's always one of my favorites.

Had the regular 2018 last night....awesome as usual.  Going to a local spot later today where they are tapping vanilla and midnight orange.  Very excited for the vanilla....sounds like it is a really good one.
    Had draft of reserve, vanilla, orange and then the coffee barleywine. The vanilla is ok right now but needs to lose some of its overpowering vanilla IMO. Will be better aged. The orange was different for sure. Seemed thinner and was extremely drinkable. Reserve was my favorite. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • I had the Vanilla, Orange, Barleywine coffee and a 2013 regular/

The Vanilla was the best by far.
    Does the barleywine coffee have a strong coffee taste? I’m curious about the bramble rye too. Haven’t heard anyone try it yet. 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,903
    Vanilla is amazing this year. 
    I mean, it’s amazing EVERY year they brew it, but it’s particularly amazing this year
    bbiggs said:

Cool. Report back on your thoughts with the vanilla and orange if you get a chance. Curious to hear. 

I thought the vanilla was awesome.....really good stuff.  The orange was good but nothing special....did not get a whole lot of orange flavor but mostly chocolate.
    bbiggs said:

I thought the vanilla was awesome.....really good stuff.  The orange was good but nothing special....did not get a whole lot of orange flavor but mostly chocolate.
    Thanks. Sounds like vanilla is a clear winner of the bunch. Kind of glad to hear the orange flavor isnt overwhelming. I do like chocolate flavor though. 
    edited November 2018
    I've read about people complaining the orange tastes like cough syrup. And I guess I can see that. I get more Triple Sec on the finish. I enjoyed the orange.

• I've read about people complaining the orange tastes like cough syrup. And I guess I can see that. I get more Triple Sec on the finish. I enjoyed the orange.

The orange was ok.  It could mellow out a little more for me.
    bbiggs said:

That is interesting, I thought it had a ton of orange.

hippiemom = goodness
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    My bar should be getting a BCS sixel this week. I'll be getting a growler when it comes in.
  • I heard mixing the Vanilla and Orange is mind blowing.  Haven't tried it personally, but I'm tempted to.
  • I heard mixing the Vanilla and Orange is mind blowing.  Haven't tried it personally, but I'm tempted to.
    That never even crossed my mind this weekend!

Where were u on Friday, lol!?!
    I heard mixing the Vanilla and Orange is mind blowing.  Haven't tried it personally, but I'm tempted to.
    That never even crossed my mind this weekend!

Where were u on Friday, lol!?!
    I mixed some vanilla with resevere and it was amazing. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • I don’t drink the stuff, but one of my customers got me this for one of my friends that collects these. 

I don’t drink the stuff, but one of my customers got me this for one of my friends that collects these. 

Beautiful picture
    hippiemom = goodness
  • I don’t drink the stuff, but one of my customers got me this for one of my friends that collects these. 

He gave you a whole case of reserve?  Nice friend you got.  

You care to send one of those my way?!?
    I don’t drink the stuff, but one of my customers got me this for one of my friends that collects these. 

Holy shit.  That is quite a gift.
    Friends in high places! ;) 
  • edited November 2018

He gave you a whole case of reserve?  Nice friend you got.  

You care to send one of those my way?!?
    A customer held it for me to send to my friend. I guess that makes me some friend. ;)  
    Post edited by Franklin Delano Bluth on
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,133
    Why is this thread still in this forum? Seems like AET stuff to me. Has nothing to do with Pearl Jam stuff.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Why is this thread still in this forum? Seems like AET stuff to me. Has nothing to do with Pearl Jam stuff.
    Go away and play w your DMB records, lol.

We like this here!!!
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Got some of the 2018 original yesterday.  Haven’t tried it yet.  Maybe this weekend.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • PP193448 said:
    Got some of the 2018 original yesterday.  Haven’t tried it yet.  Maybe this weekend.
    Put some away next year and do a side by side.
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,912
    Trading and selling alcohol is not allowed on the forum. Since that's how this thread started, it will have to be closed. If someone would like to start a thread in AET talking about Goose Island Beer that would be ok. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.