The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Im thinking Kluber is off the table for the Yankees at this point, which is why Sheffield was traded to Seattle.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Also Didi will be out for months.I don't know if they re-sign him in 2020
    I miss igotid88
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I can't see wanting Machado when you have Andujar...

Are Torres and Torreyes on the trading block?

Also shouldn't Abreu and Acevedo be ready to come up next year?
    No one wants Torreyes.  Torres I would hope not. Andujar, I'd be open to moving.  Point being, Machado would be most likely if they move Andujar.
    MayDay10 said:
    Im thinking Kluber is off the table for the Yankees at this point, which is why Sheffield was traded to Seattle.
    Not so sure.  No way Sheffield would be the key piece in a Kluber trade.  Wouldn't be traded back for a better pitcher.  Andujar or something long those lines would need to be key.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1663409

Report: Mariners contacted Yankees, Mets about Cano trade
    6h ago
    Stephen Brashear / Getty Images Sport / Getty
    SEATTLE WA - SEPTEMBER 5 Robinson Cano 22 of the Seattle Mariners takes a swing during an at-bat in a game against the Baltimore Orioles at Safeco Field on September 5 2018 in Seattle Washington The Mariners game 5-2

As Seattle Mariners general manager Jerry Dipoto continues to reimagine his roster, the executive appears to be thinking about a future without Robinson Cano.

Dipoto contacted the Yankees and Mets about a trade involving the eight-time All-Star, major-league sources told The Athletic's Ken Rosenthal.

A potential deal between the Mariners and Yankees involving Cano and outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury was discussed, according to Rosenthal's sources, but it didn't go anywhere because New York wanted significant cash included in the swap.

Cano, who would have likely played first base with his former club, is owed $120 million over the next five seasons, while Ellsbury still has $47.2 million left on his deal over the next two years.

The Mets don't look like a match for the 36-year-old because of second baseman Jeff McNeil's strong finish last season, and because they also have first baseman Peter Alonso coming up the pipeline. If the Mariners were willing to pay the entirety of Cano's remaining contract and include a top prospect in a trade, things could change, a source told Rosenthal.

Seattle has reportedly been trying to trade Cano for a week.

Dipoto and Yankees GM Brian Cashman already swung a deal this offseason centered around pitcher James Paxton, which came after Seattle traded catcher Mike Zunino to the Tampa Bay Rays.

Cano only appeared in 80 games in 2018 after violating the league's joint drug policy, hitting .303/.374/.471 with 10 home runs and 50 RBIs.

Over the course of his 14-year career, he's been one of the league's most durable players, averaging 148 games per season. Cano also owns a career slash line of .304/.355/.493.

cutz said:
    https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1663409

Report: Mariners contacted Yankees, Mets about Cano trade
    6h ago
    Stephen Brashear / Getty Images Sport / Getty
    SEATTLE WA - SEPTEMBER 5 Robinson Cano 22 of the Seattle Mariners takes a swing during an at-bat in a game against the Baltimore Orioles at Safeco Field on September 5 2018 in Seattle Washington The Mariners game 5-2

As Seattle Mariners general manager Jerry Dipoto continues to reimagine his roster, the executive appears to be thinking about a future without Robinson Cano.

Dipoto contacted the Yankees and Mets about a trade involving the eight-time All-Star, major-league sources told The Athletic's Ken Rosenthal.

A potential deal between the Mariners and Yankees involving Cano and outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury was discussed, according to Rosenthal's sources, but it didn't go anywhere because New York wanted significant cash included in the swap.

Cano, who would have likely played first base with his former club, is owed $120 million over the next five seasons, while Ellsbury still has $47.2 million left on his deal over the next two years.

The Mets don't look like a match for the 36-year-old because of second baseman Jeff McNeil's strong finish last season, and because they also have first baseman Peter Alonso coming up the pipeline. If the Mariners were willing to pay the entirety of Cano's remaining contract and include a top prospect in a trade, things could change, a source told Rosenthal.

Seattle has reportedly been trying to trade Cano for a week.

Dipoto and Yankees GM Brian Cashman already swung a deal this offseason centered around pitcher James Paxton, which came after Seattle traded catcher Mike Zunino to the Tampa Bay Rays.

Cano only appeared in 80 games in 2018 after violating the league's joint drug policy, hitting .303/.374/.471 with 10 home runs and 50 RBIs.

Over the course of his 14-year career, he's been one of the league's most durable players, averaging 148 games per season. Cano also owns a career slash line of .304/.355/.493.

Probably because it's the only place he'd accept a trade.

It would honestly take them taking Ellsbury and paying down Cano by at least $60 mil.  Even then I'm not sure...

Out of options. Tough to carry a utility guy that can’t be sent down 
    Corbin, Goldschmidt and relievers.  Win the world series haha

https://theathletic.com/677985/2018/11/27/amid-frosty-air-assessing-the-hottest-trade-rumors-of-the-offseason/

Goldschmidt is a peeerfect fit.
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,052
    Greg Bird for Goldschmidt....
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    No way Arizona does that, right? I would in a heartbeat... 
  • Greg Bird for Goldschmidt....
    I'll make my prediction now that if they do he won't do well in NY.
    Why?  The absolutely only thing I can think of is that he would be pressing for his big contract.  Other than that, he's been one of the most consistent players in baseball, is from the east coast and is not young.  Not sure what else you could want.
    Why?  The absolutely only thing I can think of is that he would be pressing for his big contract.  Other than that, he's been one of the most consistent players in baseball, is from the east coast and is not young.  Not sure what else you could want.
    Consistent?  

He had one of the WORST two months in all of baseball for a star like him last year.  He would have been booed out of NY if he performed like that for two months.  Batted .192  He would never have lasted.

He was on my fantasy team so I watched him very closely.  What he did when he came out of his slump was just magical though.  It was one hell of a tare.

That is why I say he won't work out.

Thoughts?
    Consistent?  

He had one of the WORST two months in all of baseball for a star like him last year.  He would have been booed out of NY if he performed like that for two months.  Batted .192  He would never have lasted.

He was on my fantasy team so I watched him very closely.  What he did when he came out of his slump was just magical though.  It was one hell of a tare.

Thoughts?

I'll take a sample size of 8 years over two months. 

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/g/goldspa01.shtml

Plenty of players have struggled in New York and done well, first basemen even (Tino, Giambi) and those guys were in much much more difficult situations that Goldschmidt would be.  Baseball players struggle.  Yankees fans know that. 

Consistent?  

Thoughts?

Plenty of players have struggled in New York and done well, first basemen even (Tino, Giambi) and those guys were in much much more difficult situations that Goldschmidt would be.  Baseball players struggle.  Yankees fans know that. 

I know his full body of work is impressive, no doubt, like I said for his remainder of the season after his slump he was a beast.

I just don't think he would make it here.

Anybody would make a trade for him for sure.
    Consistent?  

Thoughts?

I know his full body of work is impressive, no doubt, like I said for his remainder of the season after his slump he was a beast.

And in that case it's one year and Greg Bird.  No biggie.  I have as little worries about him as just about any player.
    Consistent?  

Thoughts?

And in that case it's one year and Greg Bird.  No biggie.  I have as little worries about him as just about any player.
    I'd worry about Greg Bird, lol.
    Consistent?  

Thoughts?

I like Bird. Everyone wants Bird to be good.  He has been good and healthy for 2 months in 3 years.
    Consistent?  

Thoughts?

I like Bird. Everyone wants Bird to be good.  He has been good and healthy for 2 months in 3 years.
    That's why I would worry about him.  It's been a shame so far how much he's been hurt.  

The whole Yankee organization wants him to be good too.
    Consistent?  

Thoughts?

That's why I would worry about him.  It's been a shame so far how much he's been hurt.  

Yeah, which is why I trade him in a heartbeat for one year of Goldschdmidt.  If he's in the org, he's starting the year in the minors unless he tears the cover off the ball in Tampa.
    Consistent?  

Thoughts?

Yeah, which is why I trade him in a heartbeat for one year of Goldschdmidt.  If he's in the org, he's starting the year in the minors unless he tears the cover off the ball in Tampa.
    Agreed.

Yankees trade Torreyes to the Cubs
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    Yankees trade Torreyes to the Cubs
    RIP Toe.  He was awesome.
    So here is the test for Hal.  Corbin is meeting with the Yankees, wants to be a Yankee, but his salary would likely take them to the luxury tax.  Do they lose out based on that or do they sign him and go over?  Can't see how they sign two relievers + Corbin without going well over.  We shall find out soon enough.
  • So here is the test for Hal.  Corbin is meeting with the Yankees, wants to be a Yankee, but his salary would likely take them to the luxury tax.  Do they lose out based on that or do they sign him and go over?  Can't see how they sign two relievers + Corbin without going well over.  We shall find out soon enough.
    They'll most likely take the tax.  They have such a great core of a team that they can make a run for the next ten years.
    I’ll be furious if they trade sanchez for realmuto
    Only thing is Sanchez is almost about 1.5 years younger. But offensively and defensively it wouldn't be too bad. I think JT's power numbers would increase. 
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    Only thing is Sanchez is almost about 1.5 years younger. But offensively and defensively it wouldn't be too bad. I think JT's power numbers would increase. 
    Fuck no. 4 years of sanchez is much better than 2 from Realmuto 
    Hal...sucks.  And on the day Levine had to open his mouth