Unpopular Opinions

Comments

• karl_chihirokarl_chihiro Posts: 430
    edited November 2018
    26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    2019 tour rumors almost getting bumped off page one of porch in Nov 2018 is extremely depressing. 
    Ed attributing Comfortably Numb to only Roger Waters, as great as Roger is, represents a significant misstep in front of the Pearl Jam audience. The song originated on the guitar of David Gilmour and the majority of the song was written during the recording of a Gilmour solo record 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited November 2018
    Ed attributing Comfortably Numb to only Roger Waters, as great as Roger is, represents a significant misstep in front of the Pearl Jam audience. The song originated on the guitar of David Gilmour and the majority of the song was written during the recording of a Gilmour solo record 
    Does Eddie know his Pink Floyd though?

First time he did the song was with Waters in 2012, and like most covers Pearl Jam keep are songs Eddie has been forced to learn. Haha.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Does Eddie know his Pink Floyd though?

First time he did the song was with Waters in 2012, and like most covers Pearl Jam keep are songs Eddie has been forced to learn. Haha.

Yep. 12.12.12 Superstorm Sandy benefit at MSG. I remember watching on TV. So grateful Ed and Roger  came to town for our benefit (although ironically Roger might claim to be a Long Islander) . Terrible storm. Still think Dave deserves mention for mostly his song.
  • riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    I wish I could upvote this comment a million times 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489

There should be no more debates about the bands lack of new music or small tour schedules.  It has been this way over a decade.  Everything is and has been about minimization of the band members time being a part of Pearl Jam and maintaining maximum flexibility.  

• vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    ^^^^that's actually a popular opinion.
  • E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,697
    Eddie really needs to buy himself some new clothes.  I think he wore that blue & black checked shirt at nearly every European and US show this year?  ffs Eddie you are not poor.. buy some new freaking clothes.  Also that white wide brimmed hat Eddie sometimes wears on stage at the solo shows is too big for his head and looks dumb, especially when worn with the old black & blue checked shirt.  And don't get me started on his 1980s hairstyle ...  

Ahh.. that felt good.  :D 

• I'm with you on the hats. Jeff looked like boy George this tour 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • WHERE ARE THE WHITE PANTS?!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,697
    WHERE ARE THE WHITE PANTS?!
    The white pants were actually cool.  

There should be no more debates about the bands lack of new music or small tour schedules.  It has been this way over a decade.  Everything is and has been about minimization of the band members time being a part of Pearl Jam and maintaining maximum flexibility.  

In five years they are staring down 60 yo. They may not be too far off from having any say in that decision. Father time may minimize that to zero pretty soon 

Seems to be a shame. Watching Ed at the 2018 Perry Farrell birthday Lollapalooza show go into the crowd, seems there is pure joy when they perform.

Oh well, Steven Wilson bangs out 80+ shows a year. He is incredible. 
    edited November 2018
    ^^^^
    most fathers i know find time for "father time" and 9-5 job.  most guys also like to get of the house during that time as well.  just sayin. 
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited November 2018
    vaggar99 said:
    ^^^^
    most fathers i know find time for "father time" and 9-5 job.  just sayin. 
    Maybe the most fathers you know have to find time for "father time" and 9-5 job. 

These guys won't ever need to work again. 

And making an album shuld not be "work". It should be what they creatively have to/want to do.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    edited November 2018
    just gonna drop it.
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
  • Bradley Cooper did a horrible Eddie Vedder impersonation in A Star is Born.
    Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
    Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
    New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
    Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
    Denver 10-22-14
  • Bradley Cooper did a horrible Eddie Vedder impersonation in A Star is Born.
    My mom said that Bradley Cooper in A Star is Born made her believe in the good of men again.
  • TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,447
    Bradley Cooper did a horrible Eddie Vedder impersonation in A Star is Born.
    I respectfully disagree as I thought he did an amazing job. Couldn't believe he could lower his voice like that. I heard him say he had to take months of voice lessons. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited November 2018
    Bradley Cooper did a horrible Eddie Vedder impersonation in A Star is Born.
    I'm not even sure if you mean this purely as a joke, or as a tongue-in-cheek but real criticism of Cooper's acting performance.
    (FWIW, I think he's likely a shoe-in for an Oscar nomination for that role... despite the film's total failure to develop the relationship in any impactful way)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    I don't care if there is water on Mars..seems like that money could be spent on this planet..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

I don't care if there is water on Mars..seems like that money could be spent on this planet..
    Nothing is going to save this planet if humans don't expand beyond it. People are, at the very least, going to have to look to space for additional resources. Not only that, but the scientific/technological advances that result from space programs are utilized in SO many other industries. Not to mention the work to prevent an asteroid from destroying us all. All of these projects tie into one another. And these matters are above and beyond the basic literal need of humans to explore and keep learning, especially when it's linked to our own existence, past, present, and future, which such questions as "is there water on Mars help to answer. Space exploration is so important. It makes me just a bit sad every time I see someone wish it wasn't happening.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    NASA does great things..among the most useful is global climate awareness..I just dont care about water on Mars..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

edited November 2018
    NASA does great things..among the most useful is global climate awareness..I just dont care about water on Mars..
    Water on Mars is important though. It is crucial in figuring out if there is other life in the universe, and that really is an important thing to try and prove (or disprove). That kind of info literally helps to shape humanity's progression as a species.
    I have an MS in Aero Engr and I could pretty much care less about Mars.
    vaggar99 said:
    You could? How much less?
    PJ_Soul said:
    vaggar99 said:
    Look I get it.  But, we still can't make it across our own planet very efficiently.  I'm more concerned with that.
    edited November 2018
    vaggar99 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    vaggar99 said:
    Look I get it.  But, we still can't make it across our own planet very efficiently.  I'm more concerned with that.
    People are doing that too.... I think science and research and development for transportation on Earth is doing very well actually. It certainly wouldn't be progressing faster without space exploration. This isn't an either/or scenario. So there's something for everybody, lol. If people want to save and redistribute wealth, maybe start with the $600 Billion American military budget instead of the $19 billion NASA budget and their efforts toward scientific knowledge and discovery? Just a suggestion! ;)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    ^^^^ lately, space exploration has become the fodder of right wing nuts and dooms-day types.  Think Space Force.  We've been getting data from Mars for several decades now.  And based on it, I am willing to bet there are no Martians.  How much more you need?  And, I certainly have no plans to visit.  
    This  forum is now begging for Uranus jokes. As a fan on the older side of the spectrum, I cannot be ridden of 14 yr old thoughts.