NETFLIX STREAMING FINDS

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Almost through E5 of Bodyguard
    I like it.  Reminds me of a number of other shows but I am eager to see where it leads.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I just started watching The Blacklist for the first time.... so that's what I'll be doing for the next while. :lol: It is seriously addictive for me. I also happen to be a massive fan of James Spader - what a glorious weirdo he is; I've seen every movie he's been in. I don't even know what took me so long to get around to this series.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    PJ_Soul said:
    I just started watching The Blacklist for the first time.... so that's what I'll be doing for the next while. :lol: It is seriously addictive for me. I also happen to be a massive fan of James Spader - what a glorious weirdo he is; I've seen every movie he's been in. I don't even know what took me so long to get around to this series.
    Typical NBC show, for me.  Good premise, by the end of S1 I am done with it.

Perhaps being able to binge helps with shows that see me lose interest week over week when they first come out.

So interesting with the new way we can consume shows.
    PJ_Soul said:

Perhaps being able to binge helps with shows that see me lose interest week over week when they first come out.

Yes, binging is the best way by far. Even with the very few first run network shows that I watch, I record them on my PVR, and have a good binge watch every couple of months. There is no way any show, no matter how good, could hold my attention if I watched a single episode each week, lol. Even if I'd tried watching Breaking Bad or something like that, I wouldn't have been able to persist for the whole series, year after year. Sad but true. I actually often purposefully avoid really good shows for a long time - even for years - just so that I can binge watch them later.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Yes, binging is the best way by far. Even with the very few first run network shows that I watch, I record them on my PVR, and have a good binge watch every couple of months. There is no way any show, no matter how good, could hold my attention if I watched a single episode each week, lol. Even if I'd tried watching Breaking Bad or something like that, I wouldn't have been able to persist for the whole series, year after year. Sad but true. I actually often purposefully avoid really good shows for a long time - even for years - just so that I can binge watch them later.
    I agree, although I hold a few exceptions of shows I will always watch as they come out.  GoT is one of those.  I would never avoid spoilers and I am such a fan that I would jones to watch the episode just released until I did.
    My thought, on this, is if binging would make a show that I otherwise consider weak and unworthy to be watchable.  (Like The Blacklist.)
    Would I give it more time?
    I am a big fan of bailing as soon as things get boring -- now there are so many options.  If you suck for 3 episodes in a row, I am out.  Audi 5000. 
    The list is long of shows I watched for less than a season.  Hell, with Netflix/Hulu/Amazon I often only give 1-2 episodes. 

Contrast this with when many of us were kids (not you, Wobbie) and there were only 3 networks to select from. 
    This is why people read more!
    edited November 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I agree, although I hold a few exceptions of shows I will always watch as they come out.  GoT is one of those.  I would never avoid spoilers and I am such a fan that I would jones to watch the episode just released until I did.
    My thought, on this, is if binging would make a show that I otherwise consider weak and unworthy to be watchable.  (Like The Blacklist.)
    I am a big fan of bailing as soon as things get boring -- now there are so many options.  If you suck for 3 episodes in a row, I am out.  Audi 5000. 
    The list is long of shows I watched for less than a season.  Hell, with Netflix/Hulu/Amazon I often only give 1-2 episodes. 

Contrast this with when many of us were kids (not you, Wobbie) and there were only 3 networks to select from. 
    I would never watch a weak and unworthy show either way, lol. I have bailed on many shows... The Walking Dead the most noteable. I was so done after season 3. I think The Blacklist is super entertaining though! But again, I've the got the James Spader fangirl factor, so it's different for me maybe, lol!
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    Almost through E5 of Bodyguard
    I like it.  Reminds me of a number of other shows but I am eager to see where it leads.

Loved this show, one of the better ones I've watched this year.

Started watching Collateral (4 part British series) straight after finishing Bodyguard and it's pretty solid too. Carey Mulligan is the lead in that
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
    Enjoyed Bodyguard, was good.

edited November 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Oh, and I have not watched any of GoT yet. At all. Waiting for each episode every week, and then seeing social media going nuts every time... It just seemed exhausting to me so I ignored the whole thing. So I've still got that ahead of me I guess... So it's good? Should I bother? I'm not really sure it's up my alley.
    I love it, but I read the first 3 books three times before series started....they are among my favorite books ever.
    edited November 2018
    I love it, but I read the first 3 books three times before series started....they are among my favorite books ever.
    I know for sure the books aren't up my alley. I just don't like the fantasy genre at all. But I wouldn't say the same about shows/movies, at least not necessarily. I mean, I really, really love the Lord of the Rings movie Trilogy, even though the book was the worst fucking literary slog of my lifetime. I think it took me well over 6 months to crawl through that fucker, and I hated every minute of it. I only finished it because I'm such a big Led Zeppelin fan that I felt I was obligated to. :lol: Also because I was doing an English Lit major and just ought to know the book as a "scholar" ... again, pure sense of obligation. (not that I'm suggesting GoT and LOTR are similar ... but it is the same genre I figure).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    Very different books but all epic fantasy owes a ton to LOTR and JRRT.  
    I loved those books and had read them through multiple times by the time I was probably 14.  

Anyone checked out The Ballad of Buster Scruggs yet?
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I loved those books and had read them through multiple times by the time I was probably 14.  

I'm planning to in the next couple of days.  Always love the Brothers Coen.

I've not seen any GoT but for a bit of the first episode...just couldn't get into it at the time.

Need some new binge material, for sure.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    PJ_Soul said:
    23scidoo said:
    This must be crazy..

https://youtu.be/Qpdb9zo_1t8
    How sad. I haven't watched it yet, but sounds like at least one innocent person suffered and died a horrifying death? Assuming the pizza guy wasn't in on it that is.... I guess I'll watch and find out.
    I am two episodes in. Fucking bat shit crazy. Feels like there should be more than four total episodes though...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    A couple days ago I watched the entire series of The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell. It’s only 6 half hour episodes so it’s pretty quick to binge. It’s a damn baking show but it’s like a stage play with these weird roadkill puppets she interacts with. Some of the dialog is corny and dry as hell but I like that kind of humor. But she’ll have a kinda freaky line every now and then. And she’s pretty hot so I’m not sure whether to be turned on, frightened, or both.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412

Saw it last night..some parts are good, some not so much..amazing photography..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    A couple days ago I watched the entire series of The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell. It’s only 6 half hour episodes so it’s pretty quick to binge. It’s a damn baking show but it’s like a stage play with these weird roadkill puppets she interacts with. Some of the dialog is corny and dry as hell but I like that kind of humor. But she’ll have a kinda freaky line every now and then. And she’s pretty hot so I’m not sure whether to be turned on, frightened, or both.
    I have that in my queue, as I caught something about her work on the Food Network.  Amazing, the inventiveness.  There's also a reality global cooking show called The Final Table, which I want to check out.
    PJ_Soul said:
    23scidoo said:
    This must be crazy..

https://youtu.be/Qpdb9zo_1t8
    How sad. I haven't watched it yet, but sounds like at least one innocent person suffered and died a horrifying death? Assuming the pizza guy wasn't in on it that is.... I guess I'll watch and find out.
    I am two episodes in. Fucking bat shit crazy. Feels like there should be more than four total episodes though...
    Nah, it's long enough. I think you'll agree once you've seen the whole thing.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I would never watch a weak and unworthy show either way, lol. I have bailed on many shows... The Walking Dead the most noteable. I was so done after season 3. I think The Blacklist is super entertaining though! But again, I've the got the James Spader fangirl factor, so it's different for me maybe, lol!
    Oh, BTW for whoever, The Blacklist has a really solid overall soundtrack (and Pendulum is strongly featured in one episode... it's a way better song on a TV show than it is on an album, lol).
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I was into the Blacklist for a while but I stopped after season 2 I think. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Pretty cool Coen Bros movie on Netflix now called Ballad of Buster Scruggs

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • I dug the documentary about Orson Welles and his last unfinished film.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Also watched Notting Hill for the first time.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    I dug the documentary about Orson Welles and his last unfinished film.
    The documentary was nice, the movie wasn't..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Started watching Dogs last night. That species is the best.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Started watching Dogs last night. That species is the best.
    I started the first episode last night but got sidetracked a few minutes in.  Looking forward to it!
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Am I the only one on here watching Wentworth?
    Am I the only one on here watching Wentworth?
    One of many I added to My List but have yet to look at.
    How far in are you, and is it a 'strong recommend' from you?
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.