The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    bbiggs said:
    Has anyone here had this beer? Coolship Resurgam by Allagash?

allagash white is one of my favorites.  I'll be on the lookout for this one.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Has anyone here had this beer? Coolship Resurgam by Allagash?

allagash white is one of my favorites.  I'll be on the lookout for this one.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
    This one has a very interesting story as to how it’s made. It’s won several awards over the years as well. I’ve never had it but my local shop put one to the side for me. I’m just curious if it has more of a sour taste or not (I’m not into sours). Hard to tell by reading about it so was curious if anyone has had it. I’ll probably just give it a whirl. Happy Thanksgiving! 
  • rw160510rw160510 Posts: 903
    This is me this evening. A good hoppy unfiltered ipa.
    Stout season has been good so far. Friday’s haul will be the crowned jewel.

• rw160510rw160510 Posts: 903
    ^^^ that looks like a whole lot of tasty beer.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Good haul of BCS this morning.  Got 6 regulars and 1 each of the Prop, Vanilla, Orange and Bramble Rye.  Also picked up a 2017 regular.  Wasn't interested in the wheatwine or coffee barleywine.
    Good haul of BCS this morning.  Got 6 regulars and 1 each of the Prop, Vanilla, Orange and Bramble Rye.  Also picked up a 2017 regular.  Wasn't interested in the wheatwine or coffee barleywine.
    Nice work man. I grabbed 4 regular and 1 of each variant. Did you get a Reserve? 
    bbiggs said:
    Nice work man. I grabbed 4 regular and 1 of each variant. Did you get a Reserve? 
    No luck on the Reserve....each Binny's only got 6 bottles and no way in hell I was lining up that early.  Got there around 7am and luckily was able to get all the variants I wanted.  A friend was able to get some Reserve so hopefully I'll be with him when he opens it...
    bbiggs said:
    No luck on the Reserve....each Binny's only got 6 bottles and no way in hell I was lining up that early.  Got there around 7am and luckily was able to get all the variants I wanted.  A friend was able to get some Reserve so hopefully I'll be with him when he opens it...
    Nice. My Binnys had people lined up at 11:30 last night. I heard Lincoln Park had people late afternoon/ early evening. Insane. I like beer but not that much. I did get a Reserve luckily. Will be saving that one for the right occasion. 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Nice. My Binnys had people lined up at 11:30 last night. I heard Lincoln Park had people late afternoon/ early evening. Insane. I like beer but not that much. I did get a Reserve luckily. Will be saving that one for the right occasion. 
    PJ Wrigley 2020?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    PJ Wrigley 2020?
    How about United Center 2019 instead!! ;). One can dream. 
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    PJ Wrigley 2020?
    Fuck it then, let's dream big (small???). How about the Metro 2018?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    PJ Wrigley 2020?
    Fuck it then, let's dream big (small???). How about the Metro 2018?
    Metro, Vic, HOB, Aragon Ballroom...lets do it! 
  • I posted on the Goose Island thread but I won a damn keg of BCBS tasting I went to on Friday..

A friggin keg!!!

I will be having a nice party next year with this or I just sell the damn thing but I think I'll keep it after drinking the 2013 BCBS.  Man was that smooth.
  • sp1984sp1984 New Hampshire Posts: 140
    edited November 2018
    Love reading about these scores -- though I'm jealous. That stuff doesn't make it out to us in the Northeast (variants anyway). Got to kick off barrel season last Monday with the first all barrel-aged flight of the season (1 - Firestone Walker: Parabola; 2- Founders 2018 KBS; 3 - BCBS 2018; 4- Jack's Abbey - Peanut Butter & Jelly Barrel Aged Framinghammer):   

Tampa 04/16
    Fenway 1 08/16
    Fenway 2 08/16
    Fenway 1 09/18
    Fenway 2 09/18
    PJ songs at our wedding: Love Reign O'er Me (1st dance); Sirens (last dance); Long Road (Momma-Son dance). 
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    bbiggs said:
    This is an interesting beer by Revolution.  Glad I gave it a whirl, but not one I’ll go back to. It’s no joke at 14.5%. Too much berry flavor though. It’s a ripoff too at $32 a 4 pack. Glad they sold me a single can. Looking forward to the barrel aged releases with coffee and chocolate.

28 dollars a 4 pack here in indiana.  I liked this one.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Image result for WAWA COFFEE STOUT
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • TC282314TC282314 Posts: 378

• I tried some "gingerbread" beer last year and after the initial tasting of it I then proceeded to pour the rest of it down the sink.

Awful tasting stuff...
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

I tried some "gingerbread" beer last year and after the initial tasting of it I then proceeded to pour the rest of it down the sink.

Awful tasting stuff...
    This stuff is delicious.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    interesting article....I think there may be a few "tickers" amongst us....

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Wobbie said:

This is a GREAT article.

I have told my local place that I stopped chasing beers a few years ago.  There will always be an opportunity to try something new and when it's something enjoyable I will revisit it.

There used to be a time when you walked in to a beer distributor and couldn't find something I haven't tried, now I can't try them all so I don't bother.

I'll do 2 new things a week and stock up on the regulars that I enjoy and I stopped using the Tapped app too.  I could care less about that because of how many beers are out there now.

So many beers that I can't remember how it exactly was.  Only the great beers have done that like a stout and a few IPA's.
    Wobbie said:

This is a GREAT article.

I have told my local place that I stopped chasing beers a few years ago.  There will always be an opportunity to try something new and when it's something enjoyable I will revisit it.

There used to be a time when you walked in to a beer distributor and couldn't find something I haven't tried, now I can't try them all so I don't bother.

I'll do 2 new things a week and stock up on the regulars that I enjoy and I stopped using the Tapped app too.  I could care less about that because of how many beers are out there now.

So many beers that I can't remember how it exactly was.  Only the great beers have done that like a stout and a few IPA's.

Yeah I can definitely fall into the ticker category at times.  There's just so many great breweries out there right now that it's hard to not want to try as much as possible.  There are certain breweries (Hop Butcher, Mikerphone, More Brewing) where I will pretty much buy anything that they release since most of their stuff is such high quality....but I no longer stand in line like an asshole waiting hours for beer releases (except on black Friday for BCBS).  But at the same time I absolutely will buy beers that I've had before if it was something that I really enjoyed.  
    I lead a fairly sheltered beer life.....plus, I’m a cheap ass. :lol:

I could probably get by with 20 beers....something from uinta, lagunitas, red hook, sierra nevada, maybe sam adams, cal republic, etc. most any time I’ve ever had a “holy grail” beer it wasn’t worth the time or effort.

living in SLC DOES suck, in that we don’t have beer/liquor superstores. the state liquor store has a limited, expensive selection and the grocery store is 4%. going to vegas next week....we WILL be hitting the superstore!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    Wobbie said:
    I lead a fairly sheltered beer life.....plus, I’m a cheap ass. :lol:

I could probably get by with 20 beers....something from uinta, lagunitas, red hook, sierra nevada, maybe sam adams, cal republic, etc. most any time I’ve ever had a “holy grail” beer it wasn’t worth the time or effort.

living in SLC DOES suck, in that we don’t have beer/liquor superstores. the state liquor store has a limited, expensive selection and the grocery store is 4%. going to vegas next week....we WILL be hitting the superstore!
    Binge Ticker?
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
    this is a damn good beer

not sure if it’s available nationwide.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Hazy Little Things IPA...solid beer choice