Kiss

Comments

• Tried to get tickets in today's presale. It keeps automatically putting in one of the vip packages on top of the ticket prices. I was willing to pay for the 4th row seats on ticketmaster. I'm not really interested in the extra $1500 They tack on for the meet and greet though. 

Guess we try again tomorrow with the kiss army presale. 
  • With the confetti, explosions and them flying around etc - wouldn't it eactually be better to be a bit back?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • With the confetti, explosions and them flying around etc - wouldn't it actually be better to be a bit back?
    That was my first thought. I'll most likely try for some decent side section seats tomorrow 
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    Ya, I'm thinking the side as well.  Or maybe bowl seats behind the floor.  See everything and full perspective. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Tried to get tickets in today's presale. It keeps automatically putting in one of the vip packages on top of the ticket prices. I was willing to pay for the 4th row seats on ticketmaster. I'm not really interested in the extra $1500 They tack on for the meet and greet though. 

Three $25.00 seats in Boston today would cost me $4,638.50

I saw "Meet and greet package $25.00" seats and thought that was awful cheap, there must be a catch...oh yeah big catch.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    edited October 2018
    Poncier said:
    Tried to get tickets in today's presale. It keeps automatically putting in one of the vip packages on top of the ticket prices. I was willing to pay for the 4th row seats on ticketmaster. I'm not really interested in the extra $1500 They tack on for the meet and greet though. 

Three $25.00 seats in Boston today would cost me $4,638.50

I saw "Meet and greet package $25.00" seats and thought that was awful cheap, there must be a catch...oh yeah big catch.
    I got duped the same way.   The only way to get the $25 seats right now is to pay the extra $20/ticket for the "aisle seat" pre-sale.

What will they think of next?

I sometimes see Gene and Paul at my local strip mall....both of them have had work done.....Paul looks much younger than he should!  :s  
    Post edited by JOEJOEJOE on
  • Scored some nice side stage seats. Should be perfect to soak it all in. 

The kid in me  who discovered kiss in the 80s is freaking out. The 90s me is cynical about it because no Peter and Ace. The now me is thinking I'm gonna have to work some overtime to pay this off. 

• JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    Got some floor seats for the Atlanta show and some lower bowl seats for the Birmingham show.  Looking forward to this tour!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • ACE ON STAGE WITH KISS ON THE KRUISE

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,841
    Got my Pre sale tix for Melbourne. Pretty pumped to see them again. Great childhood memories! Last time I saw them was 2003 I think when they did the stadium show with the MSO. The last time they came to Aus was just after I got back from my honeymoon. Considered some last minute tix but decided against it. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
    What is everyone’s opinion on Kiss’ greatest record!? 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • What is everyone’s opinion on Kiss’ greatest record!? 

For me... I think Destroyer or Love Gun are the ones.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    I'd have to go with hotter than hell. 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382

they don’t have one. if they did, it would be like the valedictorian of the short bus.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171

The debut, followed closely by Destroyer.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Destroyer and Love Gun are lackluster.

The best are:

Debut
    Hotter than hell
    Dynasty
    Unmasked
    Creatures of the Night

The best are:

Debut
    Hotter than hell
    Dynasty
    Unmasked
    Creatures of the Night
    I do like Destroyer but Unmasked holds a special place for me as it’s an album I grew up on as my older sisters had it in cassette. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14

The best are:

Debut
    Hotter than hell
    Dynasty
    Unmasked
    Creatures of the Night

You're on drugs.

The best are:

Debut
    Hotter than hell
    Dynasty
    Unmasked
    Creatures of the Night

You're on drugs.
    You know it's true. Those five soundds the best. And has great songs. 

There's some shit on Destroyer and Love Gun.
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

The best are:

Debut
    Hotter than hell
    Dynasty
    Unmasked
    Creatures of the Night

You're on drugs.
    You know it's true. Those five soundds the best. And has great songs. 

There's some shit on Destroyer and Love Gun.

I'm not a fan of the last three in your list. I also like Dressed to Kill more than Hotter Than Hell.
    Which of the live albums would you recommend purchasing? I have the Symphony album as I’m from Melbourne and attended the show. Alive? Alive II? Anything else? 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited November 2018
    Which of the live albums would you recommend purchasing? I have the Symphony album as I’m from Melbourne and attended the show. Alive? Alive II? Anything else? 
    ALIVE! for sure. 

I can't stand ALIVE II, it sounds like an audience boot compared to ALIVE! and with that blanket of fakw crowdoise through out. And not a fan of one of the four sides being studio tracks instead of more live tracks.

ALIVE III sounds great to me. And you get songs from their entire career up to that point. It's shorter than the other Alives (to fit it on one CD instead of two I guess back in the day). But it's my go to - Favorite version of Deuce on it, and Watchin' you is great and you also get some songs from that era which is kind of cool. I think it just sounds great and has a cool collection of songs.

You also have the album that was suppose to be ALIVE IV (which symphony later became), it ws shelved for a long time - but it's from 1999 and with the four original members. You can listen to it on Spotify if you want to check it out. It's called "KISS ALIVE - The Millenium concert". Some fans think the songs sound to slow, but that was how they sounded on their last tour together. 2000 Man and 100.000 years are cool.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    ALIVE! for sure. 

I can't stand ALIVE II, it sounds like an audience boot compared to ALIVE! and with that blanket of fakw crowdoise through out. And not a fan of one of the four sides being studio tracks instead of more live tracks.

ALIVE III sounds great to me. And you get songs from their entire career up to that point. It's shorter than the other Alives (to fit it on one CD instead of two I guess back in the day). But it's my go to - Favorite version of Deuce on it, and Watchin' you is great and you also get some songs from that era which is kind of cool. I think it just sounds great and has a cool collection of songs.

You also have the album that was suppose to be ALIVE IV (which symphony later became), it ws shelved for a long time - but it's from 1999 and with the four original members. You can listen to it on Spotify if you want to check it out. It's called "KISS ALIVE - The Millenium concert". Some fans think the songs sound to slow, but that was how they sounded on their last tour together. 2000 Man and 100.000 years are cool.

Nice work, thanks for the run down, from I hear Alive is the original and the best! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Which of the live albums would you recommend purchasing? I have the Symphony album as I’m from Melbourne and attended the show. Alive? Alive II? Anything else? 
    ALIVE! for sure. 

Nice work, thanks for the run down, from I hear Alive is the original and the best! 
    I prefer to put on ALIVE III for whatever reason (guessing because it has songs I haven't heard to death), but yes ALIVE! is most fans favorite and a classic. The album that broke the band.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    ALIVE! for sure. 

agreed....Alive is a great album.  I like everything they did up through Creatures of the Night with the exception of Unmasked...bad album

Music from the Elder is really good as well
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Which of the live albums would you recommend purchasing? I have the Symphony album as I’m from Melbourne and attended the show. Alive? Alive II? Anything else? 
    ALIVE! for sure. 

agreed....Alive is a great album.  I like everything they did up through Creatures of the Night with the exception of Unmasked...bad album

Music from the Elder is really good as well
    Unmasked is a great and hookey popalbum. A lot of good and fun songs on there. 

The Elder is impossible to get through...
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    I would say the opposite....The Elder has to be listened to as a soundtrack rather than a true album
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
  • dankind said:
    I don’t think anyone would suggest Ace is a rocket scientist.

I never knew he was a brain damaged baboon either, but it’s a good thing to know I guess?