Ridiculous products

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Scissors for pizza?
    WTF?  There's no way you can preserve the structural integrity with scissors.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Scissors for pizza was a fad here (sold on TV) until people realized it only really worked with cardboard pizzas.
    I have seen some places where they cut with a knife.  Lot of work.  A big see saw machete thing or a slicer is what is used 99/100 places here.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • I don't know anyone who still uses the pizza cutters that they bought in.. I guess the 90s/early 2000s.

Everyone uses a scissor, or a knife. Atleast here in Sweden. Amongst people I know. And we have many pizza places and great pizzas here.

Scissors to cut up pizza is lifehack no 1
    Lifehack?  Yeah if your pizza is a piece of cardboard...

Try that on a slice of good NY pizza or a Chi-town deep dish, it ain't happenin son...

Scissors... 

• AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    I don't know anyone who still uses the pizza cutters that they bought in.. I guess the 90s/early 2000s.

Everyone uses a scissor, or a knife. Atleast here in Sweden. Amongst people I know. And we have many pizza places and great pizzas here.

Well here where I live a little bit outside of Sthlm we used a pizza cutter as late as yesterday ;) 
  • Annafalk said:
    I don't know anyone who still uses the pizza cutters that they bought in.. I guess the 90s/early 2000s.

Well here where I live a little bit outside of Sthlm we used a pizza cutter as late as yesterday ;) 
    I knew when I posted that you would respond exactly like the above. Agree with me for once.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • I don't know anyone who still uses the pizza cutters that they bought in.. I guess the 90s/early 2000s.

Try that on a slice of good NY pizza or a Chi-town deep dish, it ain't happenin son...

Scissors... 

Yeah, I agree with the pizzas I ate in NY. 

Swedish pizzas look like this though:

(Sound people eat vegetarian pizzas ofc though)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Scissors... 

You are still making a mess of that with scissors and don't try to pretend otherwise.
    Unless you have special pizza scissors?
    That would be a ridiculous product lol
    edited November 2018
    I was just kidding, I've actually never seen one of those pizza cutting things.
    Off course, when we eat pizza here in Sweden we normally use scissors to cut the pieces with, I was wrong again my mistake  :)
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Scissors... 

I am both unsound and a carnivore...though the two aren't mutually-exclusive.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Jason P said:
    * Selfie Sticks
    * $500 toaster ovens
    * Cat walking leash
    * Standup desks
    * Smart watches that require a giant smart phone in your pocket to work
    * $500 coolers

I am guilty of all 3 and I will tell you they all make an absolute difference.
    Coolers I get. I know a $500 can keep ice for days, I wouldn't pay that ever, but I know there's a difference.
    $500 toaster oven though? My $59 toaster oven from Costco toasts, has a timer, bakes like a mini over, has 2 racks. What else can a toaster oven really do?
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    brianlux said:
    Circular robotic vacuum cleaners.
    We visited friend today who have one of these.  They said it is constantly getting hung up on something and then starts beeping.  Annoying and ultimately a sign of laziness. 

These are amazing!
    Its not being lazy. We have a 2 year old, 4 year old and a dog. 2 hours after we vacuum its messy again. This is just great to do when we leave the house to know it will be clean for our kids when we come home. It doesn't replace a regular vacuum because it doesn't get as much stuff, but we run ours every time we leave the house, usually about twice a day.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited November 2018
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    We visited friend today who have one of these.  They said it is constantly getting hung up on something and then starts beeping.  Annoying and ultimately a sign of laziness. 

These are amazing!
    Its not being lazy. We have a 2 year old, 4 year old and a dog. 2 hours after we vacuum its messy again. This is just great to do when we leave the house to know it will be clean for our kids when we come home. It doesn't replace a regular vacuum because it doesn't get as much stuff, but we run ours every time we leave the house, usually about twice a day.
    Yeah, I would love one of these just to deal with the constant cat hair on my laminate floors, but I can't because sometimes my cat vomits. I looked up what happens if a Roomba runs over vomit (or dog shit, whatever), and it isn't good. Worse for carpet of course, but still... I don't need puke dragged all over my place, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832

edited November 2018
    eddiec said:

Lol
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,714
    Image result for trumpy bear
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096

I would think this was a joke if I hadn't seen it on the news. Other than that, no words. 
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Religion.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:

These are amazing!
    Yeah, I would love one of these just to deal with the constant cat hair on my laminate floors, but I can't because sometimes my cat vomits. I looked up what happens if a Roomba runs over vomit (or dog shit, whatever), and it isn't good. Worse for carpet of course, but still... I don't need puke dragged all over my place, lol.
    :lol: You're hilarious! Thanks for the cat vomit visual. I'm picturing coming home only to find the vacuum lurching along trying to get through a clump of regurgitated food or feces and just spinning in circles smearing it all over. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Today's packaging.  This isn't a product that's ridiculous in itself, but it is kinda ridiculous that companies spend as much in R&D for the box your fancy tech product comes in than the product itself.   I got a room of super cool boxes that are useless but seem way too nice to just throw away.  :):|
    They are ridiculously sharp little boxes aren't they?
  • I was watching the Bernie Mac show last night and came across this gem of an advertisement for an even better gem of a product.

This is better than the Trump Bear.
    https://youtu.be/PvpRUWFbQ1Y
    edited November 2018
    njnancy said:

I would think this was a joke if I hadn't seen it on the news. Other than that, no words. 
    What do you mean it's not a joke? Like, I assume it exists, but isn't it at least satire at Trump's expense? I assumed so because of the "Trumpy" part. And the comb-over. And the eyebrows. It's kinda funny. Like a gag gift, lol. How is it not a joke? Is this thing being sold at the WH gift shop or what??
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:

What do you mean it's not a joke? Like, I assume it exists, but isn't it at least satire at Trump's expense? I assumed so because of the "Trumpy" part. And the comb-over. And the eyebrows. It's kinda funny. Like a gag gift, lol. How is it not a joke? Is this thing being sold at the WH gift shop or what??
    Idk - you decide....

https://gettrumpybear.com/
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:

Idk - you decide....

Yeah, that's totally a gag item IMO! You can tell because of the woman who is combing his comb over. :lol:
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:

Idk - you decide....

Yeah, that's totally a gag item IMO! You can tell because of the woman who is combing his comb over. :lol:
    You want a Trumpy Bear for Christmas Ali?
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:

Idk - you decide....

Noooo thank you. I've now seen how it could be misconstrued. :lol:
    edited November 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:

Idk - you decide....

If I could find a Trumpy Bear with its plush American flag blankie rammed in its back that sang Jethro Tull songs, I'd send it to ya. :wink:
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:

Idk - you decide....

If I could find a Trumpy Bear with its plush American flag blankie rammed in its back that sang Jethro Tull songs, I'd send it to ya. :wink:
    Presents just don’t get better than that. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    I was watching the Bernie Mac show last night and came across this gem of an advertisement for an even better gem of a product.

This is better than the Trump Bear.
    https://youtu.be/PvpRUWFbQ1Y
    Didn't see that coming. I'm starting to think that my brain doesn't function properly anymore. :worried:
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:

Idk - you decide....

Awesome, I hope you find one!