2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    critterau said:
    mwplum said:
    critterau said:
    mwplum said:
    ^^^ Are you able to provide details about this Rolling Stones tour? I’ve traveled to see them a few times over the past few years, but have been waiting years for them to return to Vancouver!
    East Coast first April-June. Stadiums. Florida, Foxboro, New Orleans, MetLife. Maybe Denver and Seattle.
    Any word on when this might get announced?
    Soon. I'd think within a week. Sounds like Rose Bowl, San Fran, Seattle, Philly may be potential locations as well. To keep this PJ related, maybe they could at least make an appearance in Seattle as an opener. Kidding, sort of. 
    Chicago (not my pic):

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited November 2018
    critterau said:
    mwplum said:
    critterau said:
    mwplum said:
    ^^^ Are you able to provide details about this Rolling Stones tour? I’ve traveled to see them a few times over the past few years, but have been waiting years for them to return to Vancouver!
    East Coast first April-June. Stadiums. Florida, Foxboro, New Orleans, MetLife. Maybe Denver and Seattle.
    Soon. I'd think within a week. Sounds like Rose Bowl, San Fran, Seattle, Philly may be potential locations as well. To keep this PJ related, maybe they could at least make an appearance in Seattle as an opener. Kidding, sort of. 
    Chicago (not my pic):

Just spotted one in Boston, too. 

Edit: Actually, spotted two. 
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,740
    I missed Rolling Stones when they were an hour and a half away from me and still regret it. I think I will make the drive to Foxboro if I can get work off. 
  • Options
    CPR7 said:

Sea edited a comment in the CC Tribute concert thread that says

"Might as well focus on the show.  Crazy lineup.  Maybe all these bands can plan their own three day festival next summer  B"

Call me crazy but when I read this I interpret that PJ is planning a 3 day festival in 2019

Hopefully it's a festival plus more shows and not similar to the PJ20 where that was it for the entire USA.

I'm jonesing.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    CPR7 said:

"Might as well focus on the show.  Crazy lineup.  Maybe all these bands can plan their own three day festival next summer  B"

Call me crazy but when I read this I interpret that PJ is planning a 3 day festival in 2019

What was the original post and what was the edit? Sorry I’m confused on this one. 
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,749
    CPR7 said:

Hmmmmm
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 903
    CPR7 said:

What was the original post and what was the edit? Sorry I’m confused on this one. 
    there were a couple comments as to why Eddie would not show up, then bamm! deleted 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dankind said:
    critterau said:
    mwplum said:
    critterau said:
    mwplum said:
    Chicago (not my pic):

Just spotted one in Boston, too. 

Edit: Actually, spotted two.

and

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    RHCP just announced Feb/March in Oz/NZ

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,113
    RHCP just announced Feb/March in Oz/NZ

Didnt they just wrap a huge tour last year? I recall they said they were getting worn out by touring too much and were looking to hit the road less in the future

and here they are on the road again. Congrats down under!
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,749
    Does it feel weird to anyone else to be a PJ fan right about now? It seems like they just aren't too geeked up about playing these days.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Does it feel weird to anyone else to be a PJ fan right about now? It seems like they just aren't too geeked up about playing these days.
    It sucks. So many bands doing so many cool things. Yet the one I want to be active, is far from it. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    critterau said:
    mwplum said:
    critterau said:
    mwplum said:
    Any chance you know any details of where the tour is starting. I'm going to NYC for Nick Mason in April and would love to be able to see the Stones in the same trip.
    2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,023
    I think this site has been pretty good with Rolling Stones rumours: https://iorr.org/tour19/
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    Chadplam said:
    critterau said:
    mwplum said:
    critterau said:
    mwplum said:
    Any chance you know any details of where the tour is starting. I'm going to NYC for Nick Mason in April and would love to be able to see the Stones in the same trip.
    New York won’t be until June. Announcement with all dates today at 3 eastern.
    Bham 9/3/98
    Atl 8/7/00, Houston 10/14/00
    Bham 4/9/03, Nash 4/18/03, Atl 4/19/03, Boston 7/11/03, Hershey 7/12/03
    Orlando 10/8/04
    Camden 5/27, 5/28/06
    PJ20 9/3 & 9/4/11
    Missoula 9/30/12
    Wrigley 7/19/13
    Charlotte 10/30/13, SD 11/21/13, LA 2 11/24/13
  • Options
    Great... PJ tour rumors thread now dedicated to when the Stones are playing.

I get PJ has kids and enjoying parenthood, I am too, but there are ways to bang out 20 shows and/ or a few days a week of recording with limited family interruption.

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930

I get PJ has kids and enjoying parenthood, I am too, but there are ways to bang out 20 shows and/ or a few days a week of recording with limited family interruption.

Well said. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840

The kid thing is such a lame excuse in my opinion.  People with kids travel all the time for work.  My best friend travels about 20 weeks a year to Asia for work (he is from New Jersey) and has two kids.  Unfortunately the fire/interest/desire just isn't there to play shows.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,740
    edited November 2018
    mcgruff10 said:

The kid thing is such a lame excuse in my opinion.  People with kids travel all the time for work.  My best friend travels about 20 weeks a year to Asia for work (he is from New Jersey) and has two kids.  Unfortunately the fire/interest/desire just isn't there to play shows.
    True but they are millionaires. Sure they were made that way because of us fans but still if I was already filthy rich I would look at things differently as well family wise. 
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    What’s up f#ckers!!!
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited November 2018
    mcgruff10 said:

if your friend wanted to, could he just say "you know what, we have enough money, I'm staying home"? Probably not. 

if I were PJ, after doing it for nearly 30 years, I wouldn't want to tour either, TBH. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    jhager79jhager79 Kitchener Ontario Posts: 234
    Odds of PJ at Woodstock 50th anniversary?
    [img][/img]Kitchener2005
    Toronto 2003
    Toronto 2000
    Barrie 1998
    Toronto 1993
    London 2005

Toronto 2006 May 9/10
    Toronto 2009
    Toronto Sept 11/12 2011
    London 2013
    Detroit 2014
    Toronto 2016 May 10/12
    Chicago 2018 N2
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead"
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 903
    jhager79 said:
    INTERESTING
  • Options
    Cosimo82Cosimo82 Posts: 325
    What’s up f#ckers!!!
    Right 
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,023
    There's been rumors of massive woodstock celebration concerts every 5 years since 1999. Nothing ever comes out of them.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

if your friend wanted to, could he just say "you know what, we have enough money, I'm staying home"? Probably not. 

if I were PJ, after doing it for nearly 30 years, I wouldn't want to tour either, TBH. 

The weird thing is one of their bigger legacies are their live shows and interaction with their fans. They really do seem to enjoy touring when on stage

When I said there are ways to bang out 20 shows with limited family interruption, I was trying to concede they are stars,and have earned the right to pick and choose.

A 20 run in the summer, families can join for part of the tour. A 20 run during school is tougher, but i wish PJ would consider how many years are left on the clock. In 5 years they are staring down 60 and may want to REALLY slow down.
  • Options
    jhager79 said:
    “Were there or should have been-Bon Jovi” lol. I’d have to go if PJ, Phish, and Santana played but that lineup is generally crapstock.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,531
    There are so many festivals.  Woodstock isn't necessary.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    Would hope for a webcast. Would not under any circumstances attend.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."