A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    JK_Livin said:
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    It probably will now since, having no good material to go on, the showrunners are basically using fan theories on the internet to write the show. 

Still, I'm not seeing a wolf there. 

Oh yeah, I bet the showrunners just go to reddit before they write the episodes.
    It certainly appears that way these past two seasons.

I'll read in Esquire about some fan theory that some dork(s) came up with on Reddit, and more often than not, I'll later see those theories play out later on the show. 
    Why would you believe them but not the poster above you questioning that theory?
    Believe? I don't believe anything.

More that I just notice stuff.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    It probably will now since, having no good material to go on, the showrunners are basically using fan theories on the internet to write the show. 

Still, I'm not seeing a wolf there. 

Oh yeah, I bet the showrunners just go to reddit before they write the episodes.
    It certainly appears that way these past two seasons.

I'll read in Esquire about some fan theory that some dork(s) came up with on Reddit, and more often than not, I'll later see those theories play out later on the show. 

There's so many fan theories out there about this show that no matter what they write, I'm sure someone has put it out there.  I just highly doubt Benioff and Weiss are worried about what some dipshit on reddit thinks.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Millions of fans spending hundreds of hours thinking about, analyzing and theorizing about a show. People are going to figure out where it's going. That some superfan on Reddit predicted something isn't a negative reflection on the writers.

I had some problems with the storytelling this season but following Martin closer would have made it worse. Fake Aegon, Cat Stark's reanimated corpse, Tywin Lannister's intestines, none of it would have made the show better.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    goldrush said:
    Some people have pointed out that when the army of the dead marched through The Wall, the formed the outline of the Stark wolf sigil...
    Does this mean that theory about Bran being the Night King is going to come true?

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Definitely a similar shape but I'm not sure that's intended to be a wolf. Maybe yes, maybe no.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Looks like a butt in the middle
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    Looks like a butt in the middle
    With a map of Hawaii on it. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    JimmyV said:
    Millions of fans spending hundreds of hours thinking about, analyzing and theorizing about a show. People are going to figure out where it's going. That some superfan on Reddit predicted something isn't a negative reflection on the writers.

I had some problems with the storytelling this season but following Martin closer would have made it worse. Fake Aegon, Cat Stark's reanimated corpse, Tywin Lannister's intestines, none of it would have made the show better.
    Yeah, if anything, I think they might just do stuff to get people talking.  Anything and everything is over-analysed so why not put something in there to mess with the fans?  Like the army of the dead looking like the Stark banner.  I'm sure they've heard the "Bran is the Night King" thing before....why not mess with them?  Ha...I would!  
    edited September 2017
    If this doesn't put a smile on your face, I don't know what will. 

Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    edited September 2017
    I am looking forward to a tag team of Arya and The hound vs the Mountain next season.  Hound by himself doesn't make his statement of you know who is coming for you, too intriguing, but knowing Arya is a total bad asa and he (sir Gregor) is still on her list....makes sense.

Jaime in no armor basically means no more Lannister loyalty IMO

Can't wait to see some dragon on dragon action.

When Jon knocks his aunt up, and yes this will happen with all the talk about not being able to get pregnant, then what?  Dany is certainly not laying down for Jon to become king when his identity as Aegon is made public....

damn these 6/7 episode seasons

Who is Arya going to trick as lord Baelish when she carves his face into a mask?
    Post edited by hrd2imgn on
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    hrd2imgn said:
    I am looking forward to a tag team of Arya and The hound vs the Mountain next season.  Hound by himself doesn't make his statement of you know who is coming for you, too intriguing, but knowing Arya is a total bad asa and he (sir Gregor) is still on her list....makes sense.

When Jon knocks his aunt up, and yes this will happen with all the talk about not being able to get pregnant, then what?  Dany is certainly not laying down for Jon to become king when his identity as Aegon is made public....

Who is Arya going to trick as lord Baelish when she carves his face into a mask?
    Arya and the Hound adventures part 2 is definitely going to happen.  I loved their time together.  
    Jaime is done with Cersie, but I can't wait to see him riding in to Winterfell (assuming that's where he's going) and seeing the reaction from the remaining Starks, including Bran. 
    Dragon-Dragon will be fun.
    Yes, Dany is going to most certainly be pregs.  I don't actually think Jon will give a shit about being the rightful king...unless Dany does something really rash or dumb.  I have a feeling Dany is not making it to the end though.  I wonder what the timing is going to be for her and possibly Cersie's pregnancies.  You'd assume, all of next year's episodes will be in order.  I wonder if there will be any time lapse between seasons...will we ever get to see either of them squeeze out a kid?  I mean, they just took down the wall...it shouldn't take the walkers 9 months to make their way to Winterfell or Kings Landing.  

The Littlefinger mask may be a means for Arya to get in and around Kings Landing...maybe.
    WHEN??????????????????????????????????????????
    Someone told me this weekend about a 4/19 premiere but I haven't seen any confirmation on that.

HBO has to be paying Martin not to release the books,right?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    JK_Livin said:
    Someone told me this weekend about a 4/19 premiere but I haven't seen any confirmation on that.

Shit, he hasn't written them yet...he has so many other things (always) going on.

Nightflyers looks like it is going to be cool, btw.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    JK_Livin said:

Shit, he hasn't written them yet...he has so many other things (always) going on.

I thought he had at least one GOT book done.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    JK_Livin said:
    JK_Livin said:

I thought he had at least one GOT book done.
    All HBO has said is first half of 2019. People are assuming April. I'm guessing it will be about a month  after True Detective ends. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    edited August 2018
    JK_Livin said:

I have suspected that there is some sort of deal to delay the books until the show is completed.  If I had to bet on it, I would say that Winds of Winter has been done and they are just slow-playing final revisions and editing, while Dream of Spring has been started and a good chunk done.  Maybe it's wishful thinking though.   After the show wraps up, within a month or 2, Winds of Winter will magically be announced for a fall/November release.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    He never shared that WoW was done, but that would be great to hear
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    April 2019!!!!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • mca47 said:
    hrd2imgn said:

Arya and the Hound adventures part 2 is definitely going to happen.  I loved their time together.  
    Jaime is done with Cersie, but I can't wait to see him riding in to Winterfell (assuming that's where he's going) and seeing the reaction from the remaining Starks, including Bran. 
    Dragon-Dragon will be fun.
    Yes, Dany is going to most certainly be pregs.  I don't actually think Jon will give a shit about being the rightful king...unless Dany does something really rash or dumb.  I have a feeling Dany is not making it to the end though.  I wonder what the timing is going to be for her and possibly Cersie's pregnancies.  You'd assume, all of next year's episodes will be in order.  I wonder if there will be any time lapse between seasons...will we ever get to see either of them squeeze out a kid?  I mean, they just took down the wall...it shouldn't take the walkers 9 months to make their way to Winterfell or Kings Landing.  

The Littlefinger mask may be a means for Arya to get in and around Kings Landing...maybe.
    Dany dies during child birth is a rumor I heard.  Makes sense.

Sansa is going to want to rule somewhere.

Snow will have the dragons and they will make baby dragons and he will rule over everyone.

Cersie?  I don't know.  She'll do some stupid shit and end up getting killed the white walker king?

Arya has to have a huge part coming up.  That "face" skill will come into use.

Bran should have a big part too.  He was given all that power.

I don't want to know any rumors and will stay away from all leaks. Can't freaking wait!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I guess I better start watching.

I read the books, but need to finish Dance with Dragons.  have only watched the first 2 episodes of the show.
    Is this back on?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    4/14, LET'S GO!!! What is with the feather?

https://youtu.be/wA38GCX4Tb0
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Robert put the feather on Lyanna’s statue in the very first episode.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    DewieCox said:
    Robert put the feather on Lyanna’s statue in the very first episode.
    Sansa also picked it up when she went back to the crypt in either season 5 or 6 when talking to Littlefinger about Lyanna
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    Damn, I just started re-watching it and don't remember that. Did it symbolize anything?
    Thanks for the info.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • JK_Livin said:
    4/14, LET'S GO!!! What is with the feather?

https://youtu.be/wA38GCX4Tb0
    This looks like a dream sequence. 

Yes/no?
    edited January 2019
    I think this was made specifically for this teaser.
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Tom O.
    -The Writer