Ridiculous products

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    You can get great cheese, shredded.  (Cabot / Seriously Sharp!)  
    Does it cost extra for something that would only take a minute and typically produce a better result?  Yes.  Yes, it does.

You can buy pre-shredded Cabot??

I actually did a coat analysis and it's almost the exact same price by weight for block cheese and shredded.
    The difference in flavor and texture is well worth the effort to shred it.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Fleshlights.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • rgambs said:
    Does it cost extra for something that would only take a minute and typically produce a better result?  Yes.  Yes, it does.

I actually did a coat analysis and it's almost the exact same price by weight for block cheese and shredded.
    I do prefer to buy blocks of cheese and shred them but for my tacos I buy Cabot Mexican shredded cheese.

For Parmesan or Reggiano though they have to be blocks.  The taste is so much better when you fresh grate it.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Give Peas A Chance…
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    dankind said:
    Fleshlights.
    :lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    rgambs said:

Yes and I agree.  Also, if I buy a block of good cheese the odds of other family members eating it all is slim -- them being generally lazy when it comes to shredding it themselves.  ;)

• AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Hoverboards
    Straws

rgambs said:

I do prefer to buy blocks of cheese and shred them but for my tacos I buy Cabot Mexican shredded cheese.

For Parmesan or Reggiano though they have to be blocks.  The taste is so much better when you fresh grate it.
    I happen to like the Kraft grated parmesan that's 50% sawdust lol

For tacos, I go fresh shredded jack.
    edited November 2018
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

I have some of that "100%" kraft parmesan...you know, for the kids.
    ;)
    Grew up eating that stuff - love the 50% sawdust comment and I used to coat my pasta with it.  (yuck)

I use the real stuff that I grate over my plate.
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

;)
    Grew up eating that stuff - love the 50% sawdust comment and I used to coat my pasta with it.  (yuck)

I don't use it for much, but it's salty as fuck and dry enough to really thicken a sauce up, so I have a few uses for it, most notably crappy spaghetti, shitty pizza, and Cajun pasta.
  • rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

;)

I don't use it for much, but it's salty as fuck and dry enough to really thicken a sauce up, so I have a few uses for it, most notably crappy spaghetti, shitty pizza, and Cajun pasta.
    All my time in Louisiana and I never had Cajun pasta.

WTH is that?
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

;)

WTH is that?
    A sauce of white wine and heavy cream and aa liberal dose of Slap Ya Mama Hot seasoning wirkth andoullie sausage and sauted OGPs.  
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

;)

WTH is that?
    A sauce of white wine and heavy cream and aa liberal dose of Slap Ya Mama Hot seasoning wirkth andoullie sausage and sauted OGPs.  
    It's a dish you'll likely find on menus at places like Chili's, Applebee's, Cheesecake Factory, UNO, TGI Friday's, etc. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

edited November 2018
    dankind said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

;)

WTH is that?
    It's a dish you'll likely find on menus at places like Chili's, Applebee's, Cheesecake Factory, UNO, TGI Friday's, etc. 
    It's on the menu at my house and everybody loves it.
    Despite what some foodies will insist, authentic isn't always better.  
    rgambs said:
    dankind said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

;)

WTH is that?
    No judgment here. I was just telling him where he could find it if he wanted to give it a try. I think one of those places is closer to him than your house. What's an OGP?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

;)

WTH is that?
    HAHAHAHA!!! Slap ya Momma!!! I haven't heard that since I was IN Louisiana.  That's the only place I've ever seen that seasoning.

How the hell did you come across that where you live?!?
    dankind said:
    rgambs said:
    dankind said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

;)

WTH is that?
    No judgment here. I was just telling him where he could find it if he wanted to give it a try. I think one of those places is closer to him than your house. What's an OGP?
    Ah, ok, it did sound like a light jab to me.
    OGP is our household slang for our Holy Trinity of cooking.  Onions, Garlic, Peppers.
    Not much do I cook without those three, and I grow them in abundance.

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

;)

WTH is that?
    HAHAHAHA!!! Slap ya Momma!!! I haven't heard that since I was IN Louisiana.  That's the only place I've ever seen that seasoning.

How the hell did you come across that where you live?!?
    Walmart carries it! The hot and mild.  I dump that shit all over my sweet potato fries when I make 'em and I use it for the pasta.

• A pizza cutter?  There mustn't be any pizza shops by you...
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    It's because McGruff taught him the "art" of folding.
    edited November 2018
    It's because McGruff taught him the "art" of folding ...
    ... an entire fucking pie....
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Jason P said:
    * Standup desks
    What's the problem?
    The decision to spend your life working in an 8x8 box requires the invention of a stand up desk.  Aliens wouldn’t understand. 

A pizza cutter?  There mustn't be any pizza shops by you...
    An essential tool unless you have a double handled machete the pizza shops have. 
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Jason P said:

A pizza cutter?  There mustn't be any pizza shops by you...
    An essential tool unless you have a double handled machete the pizza shops have. 
    A pizza cutter is as basic as a spatula or whisk. Don't get this one. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    edited November 2018
    I don't know anyone who still uses the pizza cutters that they bought in.. I guess the 90s/early 2000s.

Everyone uses a scissor, or a knife. Atleast here in Sweden. Amongst people I know. And we have many pizza places and great pizzas here.

Scissors to cut up pizza is lifehack no 1
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Jason P said:
    Jason P said:
    * Standup desks
    What's the problem?
    The decision to spend your life working in an 8x8 box requires the invention of a stand up desk.  Aliens wouldn’t understand. 
    I don't work in an 8x8 box. And I use a stand up desk in this very moment
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    I don't know anyone who still uses the pizza cutters that they bought in.. I guess the 90s/early 2000s.

Everyone uses a scissor, or a knife. Atleast here in Sweden. Amongst people I know. And we have many pizza places and great pizzas here.

Scissors to cut up pizza is lifehack no 1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_57N1EI1Uw