Green River reissues are coming...

Comments

• jhuludjhulud S. FloriDUH! Posts: 314

Because I'm stupid...I ordered both the Loser and 10C bundles. Let's see how it all shakes out.

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    jhulud said:

Because I'm stupid...I ordered both the Loser and 10C bundles. Let's see how it all shakes out.

I too ordered both the Loser & 10C bundles.

• bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,084
    As I said elsewhere, cancelled my loser, ordered the 10C. The 10C ones don't say they include a download, which is weird. My loser order had tow instant downloads which are now gone since I cancelled. Is it an oversight, I wonder? I'd like a digital copy of the music/book etc.

Wonder what exclusives there are, just the (transparent?) colour?
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Ordered the 10C bundle. Easy choice for me; I’ve had my originals for around 30 years now and I’ve played the hell out of them.
    Time for an upgrade!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 492
    are the 10c and the "loser' edition the same colors? i'd assume so?
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94

No. Here's the breakdown from what's been posted so far:

Sub Pop 'Loser' Editions:

Dry As A Bone - Forest Green vinyl

Rehab Doll - Opaque Lime Green vinyl

10C Editions:

Dry As A Bone - Transparent Green vinyl

Rehab Doll - Transparent Green vinyl

Sorry...Rehab Doll for 10C is Transparent Lime Green vinyl.
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    edited November 2018
    I sent Sub Pop an email asking what the differences are, if any.  It could be a simple case of wording.
    Post edited by kramer73 on
  • rw160510rw160510 Posts: 903
    Loser editions are up here for UK peeps wanting to avoid import fees. https://www.piccadillyrecords.com/counter/search.php?search=Green river

• kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    jhulud said:

10C Editions:

Alright, the word from Sub Pop is that the Ten Club editions are translucent, and the Loser editions are opaque.  
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    I'm going with the DL option this time. I cannot afford customs fees.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    kramer73 said:
    jhulud said:

10C Editions:

Alright, the word from Sub Pop is that the Ten Club editions are translucent, and the Loser editions are opaque.  
    Thanks for the update! :)  
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    If this was Pearl Jam I’d prob buy both loser and 10c editions but no way in hell am I dropping $90 on both sets for green river. 
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • dcp3ydcp3y Louisville KY Posts: 776
    Read on the SubPop site that the 10C/Easy Street are an “exclusive variant” to what I presume they mean of the less limited Loser edition.  Yeah, I also got both.  I also had the two songs as instant downloads (mp3s) on both transactions.
    dcp3y said:
    Read on the SubPop site that the 10C/Easy Street are an “exclusive variant” to what I presume they mean of the less limited Loser edition.  Yeah, I also got both.  I also had the two songs as instant downloads (mp3s) on both transactions.
    Yep now they changed the links to ..

Green River Dry as a Bone (Deluxe Edition) (Ten Club / Easy Street Records Exclusive) + Rehab Doll (Deluxe Edition) (Ten Club / Easy Street Records Exclusive) Album Bundle

• REDVEDREDVED Posts: 65
    35$ to ship to Ireland and then get stung with customs fees,seem like the eu shop didn't take off, disappointing
    dcp3y said:
    Are you sure? Because the 10C item doesn't mention downloads and I only got them on my Loser order (subsequently cancelled before d/l).
    REDVED said:
    35$ to ship to Ireland and then get stung with customs fees,seem like the eu shop didn't take off, disappointing
    To be fair, 10C aren't selling this direct, so the UK shop is irrelevant.
    edited November 2018
    bazzer said:
    dcp3y said:
    Are you sure? Because the 10C item doesn't mention downloads and I only got them on my Loser order (subsequently cancelled before d/l).
    Stream is available for the 10club / Easy Street Bundle but there is no included digital downloads of the Full Album, Digital Booklet & Instant Downloads of "Forever Means" & "This Town" like what Sub Pop's Loser edition includes.

Yeah, I know, bummer. I wonder if it's an oversight?
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    demetrios said:
    bazzer said:
    dcp3y said:
    Stream is available for the 10club / Easy Street Bundle but there is no included digital downloads of the Full Album, Digital Booklet & Instant Downloads of "Forever Means" & "This Town" like what Sub Pop's Loser edition includes.

That makes no sense though. Both orders go through the Sub Pop Mega Mart website, so why should you get less for your money if you buy the 10C version?
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    Sub Pop newsletter ..

Green River
    The story of Seattle’s rise to global rock supremacy in the late ’80s and early ’90s begins with Green River.Made up of Jeff Ament (bass), Mark Arm (guitar/vocals), Bruce Fairweather (guitar), Stone Gossard (guitar), and Alex Shumway (drums), the quintet put out three 12”s and a 7” single during its brief existence. Green River’s influence on Seattle’smusic scene spread far and wide thanks to the members’ dispersion into bands including Pearl Jam, Mudhoney, and Love Battery, as well as the punk-glam-sludge-rock songs they left behind.

“By ‘83, ‘84, there was definitely a movement that was happening within hardcore, like Black Flag slowing down for My War,” says Arm. “The Replacements and Butthole Surfers were rearing their heads, and they’re very different bands, but they’re not hardcore—the Replacements are pretty much straight-up rock, and Butthole Surfers were God knows what. Sonic Youth’s Bad Moon Rising was around, and a lot of really interesting post-hardcore things were happening.”

Green River, which formed in 1984, was part of that evolution, with a sound that straddled a lot of different genres—blues, punk, bloozy straight-ahead rock. The mini-LP Dry As A Bone, which came out in 1987, and the band’s lone full-length Rehab Doll, which came out in 1988, were released as a single CD with a few bonus cuts, including their sneering cover of David Bowie’s “Queen Bitch” and their marauding version of Dead Boys’ “Ain’t Nothin’ to Do,” in 1990—but they’ve been unavailable on vinyl for years. Now, these slices of Seattle music history are not only back in print, they’re accompanied by items from the vaults that had been forgotten about for decades. 

Green River’s place in American music history is without question, but these recordings paint a more complete picture of the band—and of rock in the mid- to late-’80s, when punk’s faster-and-louder ideals had begun shape-shifting into other ideas.

Pre-order the Loser Editions on green and lime colored vinyl while supplies last.
    Just got emails from Sub Pop to alert that both records are now up for streaming on individuals accounts.
  • Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 889
    my copies arrived a week early from subpop

Isn't that the previous Jackpot release?