Options

*** TOTD Philadelphia, PA Fanviews Here 11/4/16 ***

1235»

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Two years ago was the first ToTD show on the tour

Two years removed, and I think this was the mountain for me as a fan of live music. I'm hard pressed to see how anything will top what we saw that night.
    I agree... night one was perfect.  I'm not sure it was their best "performance" (remember the audio issues during a few songs?), but the anticipation was just awesome.  No one knew what was coming out.  Along with hearing all the album songs, the covers were great.  I think I lost it when they played Achilles, which is my fav Zep song of all time.  I couldn't believe they went with that one.  And then War Pigs during the encore... awesome.  

I was so excited to see what they would do with 2 hours of stage time, and they didn't disappoint. To see those musicians in a theater like that (granted, I had seen Soundgarden in a comparable size venue in Boston) but I digress... to say it was special doesn't do it justice.

There will always be the *slightest* tinge of disappointment that we didn't hear Rivet of Deceit, but I'm well over it by now... just to have been one of the lucky 3100 (or so) to be there that night is more than good enough.

I felt this way BEFORE Cornell died, and the fact that he did has only cemented that night as possibly my favorite concert in 26 years of live music.

The BTN Blue Ray from this night is possibly the most prized piece of concert memorabilia that I own.

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    mrussel1 said:

Two years removed, and I think this was the mountain for me as a fan of live music. I'm hard pressed to see how anything will top what we saw that night.
    I agree... night one was perfect.  I'm not sure it was their best "performance" (remember the audio issues during a few songs?), but the anticipation was just awesome.  No one knew what was coming out.  Along with hearing all the album songs, the covers were great.  I think I lost it when they played Achilles, which is my fav Zep song of all time.  I couldn't believe they went with that one.  And then War Pigs during the encore... awesome.  

I was so excited to see what they would do with 2 hours of stage time, and they didn't disappoint. To see those musicians in a theater like that (granted, I had seen Soundgarden in a comparable size venue in Boston) but I digress... to say it was special doesn't do it justice.

There will always be the *slightest* tinge of disappointment that we didn't hear Rivet of Deceit, but I'm well over it by now... just to have been one of the lucky 3100 (or so) to be there that night is more than good enough.

I felt this way BEFORE Cornell died, and the fact that he did has only cemented that night as possibly my favorite concert in 26 years of live music.

The BTN Blue Ray from this night is possibly the most prized piece of concert memorabilia that I own.

Nice.. did I send that to you?  The guys all did a great job in the venue.  I was about 13 rows back with a big fucker in front of me, so I couldn't get great shots.  
    And I agree about River.  I was sure we were going to get it because of the Mad Season thing in Seattle.. other than that, not even a hint of a complaint.  I remember telling my buddy that night, after the show, that it was the greatest concert experience of my life.  And I've seen some shows, like PJ in Lolla 92, in a club in 94.. Guns and Roses opening for Aerosmith, Metallica opening for Ozzy (while Cliff was alive).  None of those compare.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Nice.. did I send that to you?  The guys all did a great job in the venue.  I was about 13 rows back with a big fucker in front of me, so I couldn't get great shots.  
    And I agree about River.  I was sure we were going to get it because of the Mad Season thing in Seattle.. other than that, not even a hint of a complaint.  I remember telling my buddy that night, after the show, that it was the greatest concert experience of my life.  And I've seen some shows, like PJ in Lolla 92, in a club in 94.. Guns and Roses opening for Aerosmith, Metallica opening for Ozzy (while Cliff was alive).  None of those compare.  
    You sure did Matt, and it’s amazing, you guys did great with it. Thank you. 

I’m hard pressed to think of anything that compares to that show. I feel blessed to have been there. 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

You sure did Matt, and it’s amazing, you guys did great with it. Thank you. 

I’m hard pressed to think of anything that compares to that show. I feel blessed to have been there. 
    Me too.. blessed and fortunate.