Options

The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    rw160510 said:
    bbiggs said:
    ^ Is Fullers an English brewery? I see it says brewed next to the Thames. Looks good...nice color!

. Yes. It's been around for over a 150 years and is still family owned. They make an annual strong ale with what they consider to the best ingredients of the year. It's supposed to age very well but it never lasts long enough in my house. It's rich and malty, and quit boozy for an ale at 8.5
    Very cool. 150 years is quite a history. Great they’ve kept it on the family. And I can relate to having difficulty letting beers age. They don’t last long enough in my house either. 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,214

It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    edited November 2018

Greenbush weekend

The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,744
    ^Greenbush weekends are the best weekends. Where you at, man? I think you have also posted stuff about Four Fathers in Valpo before. Seems we may be kind of close to each other.

LaPorte here
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,484
    Lot of this last night

brinks beer crete
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    ^Greenbush weekends are the best weekends. Where you at, man? I think you have also posted stuff about Four Fathers in Valpo before. Seems we may be kind of close to each other.

LaPorte here
    warsaw
  • Options
    ^That is one boring ass drive to get to Four Fathers. You ever go up to any other breweries near Valpo or even up in Sourh Bend/Mishawaka/Elkhart? 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    ^That is one boring ass drive to get to Four Fathers. You ever go up to any other breweries near Valpo or even up in Sourh Bend/Mishawaka/Elkhart? 
    No, what are the ones worth visiting?
    My sister lives in chicago, and four fathers marks the perfect halfway stopping point.
  • Options
    Malroth said:
    My sister lives in chicago, and four fathers marks the perfect halfway stopping point.
    Yes, it is a great stopping point. Not sure there is anything really worth going to SB/Mish/Elkhart. The only one I really enjoyed was Ichyd Da in Elkhart.

Surely you stopped at 3 Floyd's in Munster? Have you tried 18th St. Brewery in Gary or Hammond? One Trick Pony in Lansing, IL is a good IPA spot I think.
  • Options
    Anyone try Hop Drop and Roll from NoDa in Charlotte? Tried it last night. Pretty good stuff.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,833
    Definitely not craft beer but it is cold here in New Jersey and this is one of my go to’s. 

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    mcgruff10 said:
    Definitely not craft beer but it is cold here in New Jersey and this is one of my go to’s. 

Is that from Baltimore?
  • Options
    Damn Irish with their 11.2 ounce bottle. 

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Is that from Baltimore?
    New Jersey. About ten minutes from the beach.   (Belmar, asbury park, point pleasant)
  • Options
    Malroth said:
    Yes, it is a great stopping point. Not sure there is anything really worth going to SB/Mish/Elkhart. The only one I really enjoyed was Ichyd Da in Elkhart.

Surely you stopped at 3 Floyd's in Munster? Have you tried 18th St. Brewery in Gary or Hammond? One Trick Pony in Lansing, IL is a good IPA spot I think.
    Been to 3 floyds and 18th st.  Have not been to one trick pony or Ichyd da?
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,232
    Enjoyed a few Alien Church’s last night at spot near my house. 

Damn near perfect beer. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Damn Irish with their 11.2 ounce bottle. 

lol.

In Barbados we drank the local beer there named Banks.  You get used to drinking a certain amount from a bottle and you would go to take another swig and there was none left?!?  Bottle was heavier and there was less beer in the bottle.  I think it was almost 11 oz in the bottle?  I forget.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Is that from Baltimore?
    New Jersey. About ten minutes from the beach.   (Belmar, asbury park, point pleasant)
    I was asking if the Guinness was from Baltimore 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,232
    Anyone had the 61 Minute from Dog Fish? Thinking of that for my next keg. Looks like the 60 brewed with grapes and stuff. I like their other beer/wine blends.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    My favorite mid west and north east ipa s. Gonna be a good weekend. 
  • Options
    ^ Good stuff Mike. Anti Hero is a staple. I’ve been picking up a bunch of stouts. Next week will be the mother load (Goose Island and Revolution). Working on this one tonight. Not bad. Nice chocolate flavor. 

• Options
    Local brewery near my house.  Delicious!!

• Options
    Anyone had the 61 Minute from Dog Fish? Thinking of that for my next keg. Looks like the 60 brewed with grapes and stuff. I like their other beer/wine blends.
    If you like beer/wine bends you should be fine
  • Options
    It’s all about Friday now...

• Options
    ^ Yes sir!! Let me know what you think. I’ll be picking up my full allotment of the 2018 lineup on Friday as well. I’m really looking forward to the vanilla, reserve, prop and coffee barleywine. 
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    bbiggs said:
    ^ Yes sir!! Let me know what you think. I’ll be picking up my full allotment of the 2018 lineup on Friday as well. I’m really looking forward to the vanilla, reserve, prop and coffee barleywine. 

Very excited for the vanilla and reserve.  Looking forward to the bramble rye as well.  I've heard that the prop is just straight up chocolate.  It's a great time of year!

I went down to Revolution yesterday to get some of the deth's tar/cafe deth....tried a bunch of the variants too.  Some really good stuff.
  • Options
    ^ How is this year’s Deths Tar and Cafe Deth? I didn’t make it to the brewery and my local store won’t have it in until later this week. 
  • Options
    This stuff is so damn good. 
  • Options
    Has anyone here had this beer? Coolship Resurgam by Allagash?

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    That time of year for my favorite beer.

Image result for celebration ale 2018
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer