Sneaker Head Kicks Collectors Page "All Sneaker Talk"

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I don't even want to imagine what a tool I'd look like trying to pull off Jordans. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:
    I don't even want to imagine what a tool I'd look like trying to pull off Jordans. :lol:
    I'm willing to help you out w that because I think it would work out well.
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    MedozK said:
    Anyone going after the Air Jordan 3 Chlorophyll?

"Chlorophyll? More like Bore-ophyll...

Sorry, I had to... The shoes look cool though.
  • bflynn1 said:
    MedozK said:

"Chlorophyll? More like Bore-ophyll...

Sorry, I had to... The shoes look cool though.
    I used to have these back when "I had to have them all!"
    Image result for jordan 1 chlorophyll

WTH was I thinking!?!
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    I kinda like the Chlorophylls.. maybe get em on discount.
  • MedozK said:
    Did you like The Jokers?  I really liked those and the Blackflips.  Those were two great colorways.
    Image result for air jordan blackflip
    Image result for air jordan joker
    MedozK said:
    Did you like The Jokers?  I really liked those and the Blackflips.  Those were two great colorways.
    Yea, I like the Jokers. I’m just a 3 guy.. Love them. Just wish JB, would get it together and get the toe box and EP height right like on the OGs. 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    PJ_Soul said:
    all these guys look like tools.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Yeah I’d never ever spend more than $ 50 on any shoe ware let alone hundreds my coworkers are really into people even buy used sneakers from one of my friends..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Wobbie said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Ahhhh speaking of tools!
  • MedozK said:
    MedozK said:
    Yea, I like the Jokers. I’m just a 3 guy.. Love them. Just wish JB, would get it together and get the toe box and EP height right like on the OGs. 
    I don't think the toe box has been right since 03?
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    So one of my favorite shoes that I own is a House of Hoops exclusive.  I used to visit the Harlem HOH quite a bit to pick up things that were only coming out of that spot.  It was a "locals only" pretty much so super limited stuff came through there.

One of the kicks I picked up were these Nike Vandals.  They were called "catch a cab" by sneakerheads but the official title of them were "For Love of The Game".  The reason I know that is because that is what it says on my receipt, lol.

So here they are.  There is 3M material on it so when the flashbulbs go off the checkering pops.

Great shoe.
    Image result for nike catch a cab sneaker

Here is a link on the shoe too.
    https://www.kicksonfire.com/nike-vandal-low-catch-a-cab/

I figure there might be 100 of these if that?  Some shoes are so damn rare that no one knows about them.

Enjoy
    These shoes are sick! They’d look great with some color variations as well. 
  • bbiggs said:
    So one of my favorite shoes that I own is a House of Hoops exclusive.  I used to visit the Harlem HOH quite a bit to pick up things that were only coming out of that spot.  It was a "locals only" pretty much so super limited stuff came through there.

One of the kicks I picked up were these Nike Vandals.  They were called "catch a cab" by sneakerheads but the official title of them were "For Love of The Game".  The reason I know that is because that is what it says on my receipt, lol.

So here they are.  There is 3M material on it so when the flashbulbs go off the checkering pops.

Great shoe.

I figure there might be 100 of these if that?  Some shoes are so damn rare that no one knows about them.

Enjoy
    There are other "vandal" style sneakers just not like the Taxi colorway.

These are one of my favorites that I do own though.
    bbiggs said:

Great shoe.

Enjoy

I can see why...great shoe. 
  • bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

Great shoe.

Enjoy

I can see why...great shoe. 
    I used the flash so you could see the 3M light up. 

Great pair of kicks. 
    ^ So cool man. Must look awesome at night. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

Wobbie said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    :rofl:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • MedozK said:

Would love these.  A nod to the Air Trainer 1, a Tinker Hatfield design.  These would benefit from the Swoosh like the Tinker 3's that dropped earlier this year.  Still a cool colorway.
  • MedozK said:

Would love these.  A nod to the Air Trainer 1, a Tinker Hatfield design.  These would benefit from the Swoosh like the Tinker 3's that dropped earlier this year.  Still a cool colorway.
    No Swoosh on a new design.  If it's an OG then I could buy in but not on a new one.
  • MedozK said:

No Swoosh on a new design.  If it's an OG then I could buy in but not on a new one.
    I get what you're saying about the heel with the Nike Air; but I meant a swoosh on the shoe like these as they are a nod to the Air Trainer 1:

• MedozK said:

I get what you're saying about the heel with the Nike Air; but I meant a swoosh on the shoe like these as they are a nod to the Air Trainer 1:

That's awful... Is that another JTH offshoot or did that dude who customizes them do that?
  • Also they did a "Mac Knows"  retro ten years ago that I never could track down along with the "Bo Knows" retro also.  That Mac shoe had that colorway.

Not a fan of it on the 3 but oh well...
  • MedozK said:

That's awful... Is that another JTH offshoot or did that dude who customizes them do that?
    From the SNKRS app: Tinker Hatfield’s original Air Jordan III sketch comes to life to celebrate 30 years of the iconic model. Now, the Air Jordan III 'Tinker' returns in honor of Hatfield's birthday on April 30th.
    Justin Timberlake somehow appropriated them and they have become "his".  I thought it was a cool concept.
  • MedozK said:

From the SNKRS app: Tinker Hatfield’s original Air Jordan III sketch comes to life to celebrate 30 years of the iconic model. Now, the Air Jordan III 'Tinker' returns in honor of Hatfield's birthday on April 30th.
    Justin Timberlake somehow appropriated them and they have become "his".  I thought it was a cool concept.
    Ahhhhh that's right!  The Tinker concept kicks!  Thanks for refreshing my memory!
    MedozK said:

One of the few I have doubled up on. The 3 is iconic, and this one tells the story.
    edited November 2018
    Saw this photo on Twitter of Ralph Lauren wearing the black / red 13s.

• MedozK said:
    MedozK said:

One of the few I have doubled up on. The 3 is iconic, and this one tells the story.
    I have pics of the iii concept.  I need to go back and look at it again.

• MedozK said:

That isn't it.  When I was at the Jordan 30th anniversary exclusive here in NYC they had Tinkers OG sketches of the Jordan iii and I am 99% positive the swoosh wasn't on it.

I need to upload those pics of the places I went to.  They all had museums in them.  Pretty cool.
    edited November 2018
    @tempo_n_groove , did you get the early access to the Concords.... these will be the big hitter this holiday season.

Post edited by MedozK on