The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    All stickers are on magnet sheets so I can keep them once this fridge dies.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^ Kick ass! 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    mfc2006 said:
    All stickers are on magnet sheets so I can keep them once this fridge dies.
    Brilliant! 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • This came up on my feed from 5 years ago. 
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Latest purchase....

King Sue is so damn good.  Don't think I've had Hopsmack yet....I had some of the Sosus from them last night.  Also a very good one.
    This came up on my feed from 5 years ago. 
    Delicious. I love stout season. CBS tomorrow. GI BCS on Black Friday. Can’t wait. 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    bbiggs said:
    This came up on my feed from 5 years ago. 
    Delicious. I love stout season. CBS tomorrow. GI BCS on Black Friday. Can’t wait. 
    Did you say CBS??

^ Sure did! I pick mine up tomorrow. Excited to taste this year’s version.  I’m even more excited for the BCS variants.  The reserve and vanilla especially. Fun times! 
    Heading east to Cleveland to visit Cuyahoga Falls. Any breweries in Cleveland/Akron that i need to go to most?

Then, through Pittsburgh and down to Shenandoah in Virginia. Anything in the 'Burg or near Shenandoah that I need to visit?

From there, it's south through the Charlotte, NC area to visit family and a day trip to Congaree. How about in that area? Any must visit breweries in Charlotte or Asheville? 

Also would be interested in visiting and recommended Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives along this path.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • bbiggs said:
    ^ Sure did! I pick mine up tomorrow. Excited to taste this year’s version.  I’m even more excited for the BCS variants.  The reserve and vanilla especially. Fun times! 
    Heading east to Cleveland to visit Cuyahoga Falls. Any breweries in Cleveland/Akron that i need to go to most?

Then, through Pittsburgh and down to Shenandoah in Virginia. Anything in the 'Burg or near Shenandoah that I need to visit?

From there, it's south through the Charlotte, NC area to visit family and a day trip to Congaree. How about in that area? Any must visit breweries in Charlotte or Asheville? 

Also would be interested in visiting and recommended Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives along this path.
    I owe you both beer and I have last years CBS that I will send over so you can both do a side by side.
    bbiggs said:

I owe you both beer and I have last years CBS that I will send over so you can both do a side by side.
    Sounds delightful! That is, of course, assuming I am able to remember what I thought of them the next morning. 
    bbiggs said:

You are the man, Chris! That would be fun. I know some guys that age them and do multi-year “verticals.” They say it does get better with age. Just grabbed this year’s release this morning. 
    bbiggs said:

Got mine this morning!  I was reading that this year's is better than last year's.  Will prob wait a few weeks to drink it...
    bbiggs said:

Got mine this morning!  I was reading that this year's is better than last year's.  Will prob wait a few weeks to drink it...
    Just wish they did 4 packs. 25 oz bombers for the same price as a 4 pack (48 oz) is ridiculous to me. Oh well. 
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

Just wish they did 4 packs. 25 oz bombers for the same price as a 4 pack (48 oz) is ridiculous to me. Oh well. 

Yeah, it would be nice to drink 12oz at a time.  Drinking 25oz of that on your own is tough!  Usually end up sharing these big bombers...
  • bbiggs said:

Sounds delightful! That is, of course, assuming I am able to remember what I thought of them the next morning. 
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

You are the man, Chris! That would be fun. I know some guys that age them and do multi-year “verticals.” They say it does get better with age. Just grabbed this year’s release this morning. 
    I've got a few releases from a few locals lined up for you two Anthony and Malroth.

I need to pack them up and send them already.  Sorry I have been lazy and busy.
    ^ No sweat, brother! Much appreciated. 
    ^No worries Chris

Picked up a couple CBS this morning. Still have KBS from 16, 17 and 18 ready for side by side taste tests. But at this point, I feel I should wait a few months to add the 19 KBS in there as well.
  • ^No worries Chris

Picked up a couple CBS this morning. Still have KBS from 16, 17 and 18 ready for side by side taste tests. But at this point, I feel I should wait a few months to add the 19 KBS in there as well.
    Yes and add a friend too because if you try drinking all thos on your own you won't remember what the last one tastes like, lol!
  • rw160510rw160510 Posts: 903
    edited November 2018
    Friday night beer. Cheers everyone.
    Post edited by rw160510 on

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    ^ Is Fullers an English brewery? I see it says brewed next to the Thames. Looks good...nice color! 
    ^ Lager looks cool too. Nice artwork on the can. 
  • I’ve got a damn case of cbs from last year so we can trade if you’d like. 
    I’ve got a damn case of cbs from last year so we can trade if you’d like. 
    Oh baby! I really want to do a 2017/2018 comparison! 
    mcgruff10 said:

I was sold at “juice bomb!” 
  • bbiggs said:
    You're getting one.

@dankind 
    bbiggs said:
    You're getting one.

@dankind 
    You're like Oprah!

And you get a bomber, and yoooouuu get a bomber!
  • rw160510rw160510 Posts: 903
    bbiggs said:
    ^ Is Fullers an English brewery? I see it says brewed next to the Thames. Looks good...nice color!

. Yes. It's been around for over a 150 years and is still family owned. They make an annual strong ale with what they consider to the best ingredients of the year. It's supposed to age very well but it never lasts long enough in my house. It's rich and malty, and quit boozy for an ale at 8.5