Options

psst...10/26/2018

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    i would try to buy one and complain if i did not get one
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Been said before, but if PJ is so heavily invested in the merch game, their tech needs to be on par with said investment. *Disclaimer, I wasn't trying for any of the posters this year.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    tubes10stubes10s Posts: 512
    dutz054 said:
    Devil's advocate - why does anything need to be fixed on a website that typically 300+ days of the year doesn't have the activity like these poster drops.  Are we just mad because we didn't get our way so we get on her and bitch and moan about it?  Why does PJ need a mega page running off multiple servers when 95% of the time the store is manageable.  Sorry to all those, including myself, who didn't get what they wanted for whatever reason, but deal with it.  If they sold their own tickets, or had something like this selling every single day then sure, but for 1-300 posters per drop every couple of days it seems unnecessary.  Drop the posters at random times instead of Tuesday through Friday between 9:10 and 10am central time and it is all fixed.  As I type this there are 79 people online, no super server needed. 
    You're connecting the number signed into the forum to the number of people trying to buy posters.  Those numbers aren't the same, even though there are obviously more people on the forum during typical psst times.  You don't have to be logged into the forum to be logged in to the shop.  
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    10-29-13 - Charlottesville
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • Options
    tjk895tjk895 Posts: 234
    Been said before, but if PJ is so heavily invested in the merch game, their tech needs to be on par with said investment. *Disclaimer, I wasn't trying for any of the posters this year.

Exactly.
    2000: St. Louis
    2010: St. Louis
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley 1
    2018: Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    tjk895 said:
    It's pretty obvious the website needs to be beefed up when it takes the Mumford over an hour to sell out. If the site was working correctly it would've been gone in less than 3 mins. It would be nice if 10c addressed/acknowledged the issue.
    Poster lottery anyone? 

Better idea.

All posters on sale at the same time for $1000 each. At random times, different posters get various price reductions of varying amounts.

Do you buy the Rome at $500 or take a chance it'll survive until the next price drop which could be at 3am your time?

Anything over $35 purchase price goes to Vitalogy Foundation.

This would certainly beat the flippers who would certainly buy a Jackelope for $79 or a Rome for $800.
    Who is trying to beat the flippers?
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • Options
    DW139059DW139059 Posts: 353
    tubes10s said:
    dutz054 said:
    Devil's advocate - why does anything need to be fixed on a website that typically 300+ days of the year doesn't have the activity like these poster drops.  Are we just mad because we didn't get our way so we get on her and bitch and moan about it?  Why does PJ need a mega page running off multiple servers when 95% of the time the store is manageable.  Sorry to all those, including myself, who didn't get what they wanted for whatever reason, but deal with it.  If they sold their own tickets, or had something like this selling every single day then sure, but for 1-300 posters per drop every couple of days it seems unnecessary.  Drop the posters at random times instead of Tuesday through Friday between 9:10 and 10am central time and it is all fixed.  As I type this there are 79 people online, no super server needed. 
    You're connecting the number signed into the forum to the number of people trying to buy posters.  Those numbers aren't the same, even though there are obviously more people on the forum during typical psst times.  You don't have to be logged into the forum to be logged in to the shop.  
    AND, not everyone logged into the forum is trying for every poster... Believe it or don't!  :whistle:
    Charlotte '96
    Raleigh '03
    Charlotte '13
    Cincinnati '14
    Greenville '16, Columbia '16
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    Yup.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    DW139059 said:
    tubes10s said:
    dutz054 said:
    AND, not everyone logged into the forum is trying for every poster... Believe it or don't!  :whistle:
    Yep, I agree!  I'm thinking that the number of folks trying for the super-high demand posters is gonna be in the hundreds... not thousands.  Any commerce website should breeze through those types of numbers.  Or, just handle it like Klausen's website.  Buying a poster on his website is like taking a walk on a nice sunny day with a light breeze.  Get the item in your cart, and then relax your way through the check out process while you make sure that all of your payment and address information is correct.  Easily the best poster experience that I've had.  
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    Just got the shipping  notification 
  • Options
    madhat181madhat181 Posts: 367
    tubes10s said:
    Yep, I agree!  I'm thinking that the number of folks trying for the super-high demand posters is gonna be in the hundreds... not thousands.  Any commerce website should breeze through those types of numbers.  Or, just handle it like Klausen's website.  Buying a poster on his website is like taking a walk on a nice sunny day with a light breeze.  Get the item in your cart, and then relax your way through the check out process while you make sure that all of your payment and address information is correct.  Easily the best poster experience that I've had.  
    How is Klausen's turn around time in receiving the posters? I've never bought from his site, but I read on the forum that people are still waiting for prints order months ago.
  • Options
    KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 897
    Got a shipping email!
  • Options
    madhat181 said:
    tubes10s said:
    How is Klausen's turn around time in receiving the posters? I've never bought from his site, but I read on the forum that people are still waiting for prints order months ago.

He's a one man show, so it takes time, but well worth it. Out of country is 4 to 5 weeks. In country 2-3.
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Options
    beachy said:
    SLH says that's it for 2018 posters. Bring on the early years.
    What the hell are we going to do on Monday?  Anyone (on the West Coast) want to go out to breakfast next week?  I haven't eaten anything in the mornings in weeks....feels like months.  On the plus side....I have a washboard stomach again!!!!!!!  Just kidding....nobody who waits around for posters has a washboard stomach....and don't take this as an opportunity to post your washboard stomach pictures and claim that they are of you.  We know the truth...
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    beachy said:
    What the hell are we going to do on Monday?  Anyone (on the West Coast) want to go out to breakfast next week?  I haven't eaten anything in the mornings in weeks....feels like months.  On the plus side....I have a washboard stomach again!!!!!!!  Just kidding....nobody who waits around for posters has a washboard stomach....and don't take this as an opportunity to post your washboard stomach pictures and claim that they are of you.  We know the truth...
    *Halts with camera in hand...
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,766
    MayDay10 said:
    dutz054 said:
    I have said it before... and coming from someone who scored every print I wanted this year:

I think for the prints that have a huge predictable demand/supply ratio (like Rome, Berlin, Padova, Thomas Train, Mumford), they should do some sort of lottery draw.  Give an SKU, drop it via a psssst.  Have it open for a couple hours.  Then notify/charge the winners.  I think it could be managed fairly easily and it wouldnt be much extra work at all.

A-list posters are well known.

The lotto window is open for a couple hours. Analog members only as an extra benefit. One per person. You don't know which you get until the tube is opened.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Just print more posters.... you know... something that would actually do something to prevent flippers instead of the current practice of creating and encouraging flippers.  

I personally don't mind flippers, but when people mention them as if they are bad, then the only way to actually prevent them is to eliminate the demand for them.  
    Post edited by tubes10s on
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • Options
    madhat181madhat181 Posts: 367
    Did the EV Louisville Bourbon and Beyond poster ever go on sale in the 10c shop?
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,742
    madhat181 said:
    Did the EV Louisville Bourbon and Beyond poster ever go on sale in the 10c shop?
    No.
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,339
    MayDay10 said:
    dutz054 said:
    I have said it before... and coming from someone who scored every print I wanted this year:

I think for the prints that have a huge predictable demand/supply ratio (like Rome, Berlin, Padova, Thomas Train, Mumford), they should do some sort of lottery draw.  Give an SKU, drop it via a psssst.  Have it open for a couple hours.  Then notify/charge the winners.  I think it could be managed fairly easily and it wouldnt be much extra work at all.
    I like the lottery idea
  • Options
    KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 897
    I'd like for there to be a way to purchase the poster if you were at the show and purchased ten club tickets. Maybe a two week period after the show.
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    KN219077 said:
    I'd like for there to be a way to purchase the poster if you were at the show and purchased ten club tickets. Maybe a two week period after the show.
    What about the 10C members that didn't win in the ticket lottery, and had to buy tickets from ticketmaster? 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    I like it the way it is.  Sometimes I get a poster here and sometimes I miss out.  A lot like life. Win some... lose some.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,737
    Kinda sucks there's no psst ... post today.
    I totally miss them. :( 
  • Options
    BRONDOBRONDO Columbus, OH Posts: 399
    ^^^this
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:
    My reason for existing has taken a substantial hit without the "psst" in the morning.  
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,339
    beachy said:
    haha - good laugh, thank you
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,504
    edited October 2018
    Santos should be able to knock out 1,000-1,500 mystery tubes given what’s left in inventory. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,226
    BF89905 said:
    beachy said:
    haha - good laugh, thank you

Hmm.... I have one. And I'm female. And I was on the treadmill waiting for posters to drop. So I guess I'm the exception that proves the rule?

But, hey, there's a Broken Yolk down the road from my gym. We can meet there for breakfast after leg day. ;-)

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

Leg day.....the most dreaded day!
    But it must never be skipped!
    Not even for posters!
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018