psst...10/26/2018

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    edited October 2018
    Now, when thet EV EUROPE  17 gonna  drop? :) 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
     ;) 
  • https://pearljam.com/shop/posters/postponed-619-london-poster

Boston Mumford is sold out. 

That's it for 2018 Tour Posters.

slh
    What about the EV posters - Dublin and others?
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    If there's only 300 quantity to sell, why would it matter if 1000 of us can't get it in our carts?  As bad as the experience was, I don't really see a reason (from a business standpoint) to improve the website if:
    A) There is nowhere else to buy this item at $35
    and
    B) It's guaranteed to sell out

11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • HoosiersHoosiers Indiana Posts: 189
    one question, if there were 300 being sold and the highest # online was 279 today...how are others getting it?
    That's it for 2018 Tour Posters.

slh
    Thanks for that amazing run. :)

So ...what's up next?

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Hoosiers said:
    one question, if there were 300 being sold and the highest # online was 279 today...how are others getting it?
    That's only members who are signed into the forum.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • tjk895tjk895 Posts: 234
    It's pretty obvious the website needs to be beefed up when it takes the Mumford over an hour to sell out. If the site was working correctly it would've been gone in less than 3 mins. It would be nice if 10c addressed/acknowledged the issue.
    2000: St. Louis
    2010: St. Louis
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley 1
    2018: Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    tjk895 said:
    It's pretty obvious the website needs to be beefed up when it takes the Mumford over an hour to sell out. If the site was working correctly it would've been gone in less than 3 mins. It would be nice if 10c addressed/acknowledged the issue.
    Poster lottery anyone? 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    dankind said:
    Hoosiers said:

Yep.  Dont have to be online here to purchase. Haven't logged into the forums all day and mumford popped right when we got out of my girl's doc appointment.  Seems like it at least as I got order 2675.
  • HoosiersHoosiers Indiana Posts: 189
    dankind said:
    Hoosiers said:
    Ahhhhhhh, I had no idea. Thanks. It is fun to see 100 jump to 275 between 10:09 and 10:14 AM E.S.T. 
    After striking out on the Mumford poster at both Fenway shows and AP drops I’m glad to have scored one through 10C today.  
    "How do afford your rock 'n roll lifestyle?"- Cake
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Fixer13 said:
    After striking out on the Mumford poster at both Fenway shows and AP drops I’m glad to have scored one through 10C today.  
    Glad you got one!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Fixer13 said:
    Deserve it. :)
    26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.

• EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057
    Fixer13 said:
     =) absolutely glad you got one. 
    The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    Congrats to the people who scored!  I was in and out of meetings today and couldn't devote the ninja-like concentration it usually requires to snag a mega-popular poster like this one.  I had it carted a few times but never was able to check out.  On to the next drop! =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• madhat181madhat181 Posts: 367
    What EV Europe posters are there to drop?
  • Fixer13Fixer13 Posts: 192
    Fixer13 said:
     =) absolutely glad you got one. 
    Thanks guys!   :)  
    "How do afford your rock 'n roll lifestyle?"- Cake
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,359
    madhat181 said:
    Mumford London?
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    JojoRice said:
    tjk895 said:
    Poster lottery anyone? 

Better idea.

All posters on sale at the same time for $1000 each. At random times, different posters get various price reductions of varying amounts.

Do you buy the Rome at $500 or take a chance it'll survive until the next price drop which could be at 3am your time?

Anything over $35 purchase price goes to Vitalogy Foundation.

This would certainly beat the flippers who would certainly buy a Jackelope for $79 or a Rome for $800.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    JojoRice said:
    tjk895 said:
    Poster lottery anyone? 

Better idea.

All posters on sale at the same time for $1000 each. At random times, different posters get various price reductions of varying amounts.

Do you buy the Rome at $500 or take a chance it'll survive until the next price drop which could be at 3am your time?

Anything over $35 purchase price goes to Vitalogy Foundation.

This would certainly beat the flippers who would certainly buy a Jackelope for $79 or a Rome for $800.
    That's an interesting idea. If the extra money is going to the artist or a charity, that's better than some person buying multiple copies to resell.
    Of course, the rich fans will still be able to buy extras - but there resell market will shrink.
  • BRONDOBRONDO Columbus, OH Posts: 397
    2687 conf#
    2923 last I saw on here
    236 difference, guessing like the rest a 250 run
  • dutz054dutz054 Dallas Posts: 68
    Devil's advocate - why does anything need to be fixed on a website that typically 300+ days of the year doesn't have the activity like these poster drops.  Are we just mad because we didn't get our way so we get on her and bitch and moan about it?  Why does PJ need a mega page running off multiple servers when 95% of the time the store is manageable.  Sorry to all those, including myself, who didn't get what they wanted for whatever reason, but deal with it.  If they sold their own tickets, or had something like this selling every single day then sure, but for 1-300 posters per drop every couple of days it seems unnecessary.  Drop the posters at random times instead of Tuesday through Friday between 9:10 and 10am central time and it is all fixed.  As I type this there are 79 people online, no super server needed. 
  • madhat181 said:
    Both London, both Ireland, both Italy, Berlin, Kvaerndrup and Ams Pittides and Taylor
  • P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,312
    dutz054 said:
    Devil's advocate - why does anything need to be fixed on a website that typically 300+ days of the year doesn't have the activity like these poster drops.  Are we just mad because we didn't get our way so we get on her and bitch and moan about it?  Why does PJ need a mega page running off multiple servers when 95% of the time the store is manageable.  Sorry to all those, including myself, who didn't get what they wanted for whatever reason, but deal with it.  If they sold their own tickets, or had something like this selling every single day then sure, but for 1-300 posters per drop every couple of days it seems unnecessary.  Drop the posters at random times instead of Tuesday through Friday between 9:10 and 10am central time and it is all fixed.  As I type this there are 79 people online, no super server needed. 
    I feel guilty.  I do this to my wife for sure.  It's something I need to work on.  Hopefully it'll get better and I can become more patient and grateful.
    Thanks.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    dutz054 said:
    I have said it before... and coming from someone who scored every print I wanted this year:

I think for the prints that have a huge predictable demand/supply ratio (like Rome, Berlin, Padova, Thomas Train, Mumford), they should do some sort of lottery draw.  Give an SKU, drop it via a psssst.  Have it open for a couple hours.  Then notify/charge the winners.  I think it could be managed fairly easily and it wouldnt be much extra work at all.
  • if everyone got a trophy (poster) this wouldn't be much fun     trying and hoping to get one is the fun in this
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    RA36012 said:
    if everyone got a trophy (poster) this wouldn't be much fun     trying and hoping to get one is the fun in this
    But everyone CAN get a medal! If you tried for a poster today, here you go...

Good job, everybody! :wink:
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • have there been any mumford cancellations?
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    jeffbr said:
    RA36012 said:
    if everyone got a trophy (poster) this wouldn't be much fun     trying and hoping to get one is the fun in this
    But everyone CAN get a medal! If you tried for a poster today, here you go...

Good job, everybody! :wink:
    If you put Pearl Jam on it they would be fairly flippable.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore