Paul McCartney

Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
edited June 2012 in Other Music
He needs a thread of his own and today will start it with a HAPPY 70th BIRTHDAY to him! Thank you for so many wonderful songs he did with The Beatles, Wings, and solo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm2YyVZBL8U
Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
"Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    Hard to believe Sir Paul is 70! He looks and plays like he's a decade younger.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    He has no plans to stop, either.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Thank God he outgrew his Joe Dirt phase

paul-mullet.jpg

Happy Birthday Paul
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    Thank God he outgrew his Joe Dirt phase

paul-mullet.jpg

Happy Birthday Paul
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    big-badge-70th-birthday-big-badge-super-70-830-p.jpg
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    My avatar isn't this brilliant man for no reason.

Plus, he's sexy at seventy. I can only think of one other man who can pull that off. :lol:
    Excited to see more reissues. I never heard of "Rock Show" until I had to look it up. Will be great to see some live video of Paul performing in the '70s.

http://www.rttnews.com/1907607/paul-mcc ... gn=sitemap

Paul McCartney Prepping Reiussues And New Studio Release For Next Year

(RTTNews) - Paul McCartney's manager Scott Rodger has confirmed that the former Beatle will re-issue two of his classic albums next year. During an interview with TWiMusic, Rodger revealed that both Wings Over America and Rock Show will see new releases.

For the Rock Show release, the McCartney camp will offer a selection of previously unreleased material that was cut from the first album due to time constraints. There will also be a live DVD filmed during the shows for the live album. Rodger also confirmed that Sir Paul is currently working on songs for a new album due out sometime next year.

Paul has also confirmed that he will close out the opening ceremonies to the London Olympics. Speaking with BBC 5, he said "I've been booked" and explained that he would be "closing the opening" of the special event.

The opening ceremony is July 27 in East London and has an "Isles of Wonder" theme. The ceremony is being staged by Trainspotting and Slumdog Millionaire director, Danny Boyle, who is also the event's artistic director.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Anyone lucky enough to go last night to see him close out Candlestick Park?

Eight Days a Week (The Beatles song)
    Save Us
    All My Loving (The Beatles song)
    Listen to What the Man Said (Wings song)
    Let Me Roll It (Wings song) (with "Foxy Lady" by Jimi Hendrix snippet)
    Paperback Writer (The Beatles song)
    My Valentine
    Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five (Wings song)
    The Long and Winding Road (The Beatles song)
    Maybe I'm Amazed
    I've Just Seen a Face (The Beatles song)
    San Francisco Bay Blues (Jesse Fuller cover)
    We Can Work It Out (The Beatles song)
    Another Day
    And I Love Her (The Beatles song)
    Blackbird (The Beatles song)
    Here Today
    New
    Queenie Eye
    Lady Madonna (The Beatles song)
    All Together Now (The Beatles song)
    Lovely Rita (The Beatles song)
    Everybody Out There
    Eleanor Rigby (The Beatles song)
    Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite! (The Beatles song)
    Something (The Beatles song)
    Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da (The Beatles song)
    Band on the Run (Wings song)
    Back in the U.S.S.R. (The Beatles song)
    Let It Be (The Beatles song)
    Live and Let Die (Wings song)
    Hey Jude (The Beatles song)

Encore:
    Day Tripper (The Beatles song
    Hi, Hi, Hi (Wings song)
    I Saw Her Standing There (The Beatles song)

Encore 2:
    Yesterday (The Beatles song)
    Long Tall Sally (Little Richard cover) (last song played at … more)
    Golden Slumbers (The Beatles song)
    Carry That Weight (The Beatles song)
    The End (The Beatles song) (fireworks at end)

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    40 songs?? What a send off for Candlestick Park.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    72 years old and this guy still playing 40 song sets...he's just awesome. Saw him at Wrigley a couple years ago...one of the most fun concerts I've ever been to.
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    with the exception of Long Tall Sally, that's his typical setlist. That said, I would still go to every one of his shows if I could afford it!
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    kramer73 said:

with the exception of Long Tall Sally, that's his typical setlist. That said, I would still go to every one of his shows if I could afford it!

Didn't see him at Candlestick, but saw him at Dodger Stadium last weekend. Like mentioned above, it was pretty much the same set. Great show and amazing to see him with so much energy at 72, playing 3 hour shows.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    His new album, Egypt Station, is out. I think it's super enjoyable! Anyone else like it?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    PJ_Soul said:
    His new album, Egypt Station, is out. I think it's super enjoyable! Anyone else like it?

That's funny, my buddy just text me about this album. He asked if I heard it yet and if not to go get it. Said its easily his best piece of work since Ram and Band on the Run.

Ill be Picking this up soon.

• the new album definitely has some good/great tracks on it. it's kinda all over the map as far as having many different sounding/grooving tracks on it. i am always fascinated in what old rock/folk dinosaur fossils have to say on their way out. his choice was to not put anything new out and just ride the wave...but at 76 years of age he decides there is more to say/do and i love him for that reason alone.
    bravo sir paul!!
  • I so want to see him live....
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630
    Snagged tix to his Phx show in June. Taking my daughter for her first concert. She absolutely adores the Beatles and is super pumped. I’ve seen Paul twice before but I can’t wait to experience it through her eyes!
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    I so want to see him live....
    Make it happen. I’ve seen him 6 times and it’s amazing. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    I'm not the biggest McCartney fan but it always seems like he'd be a fun show to see.

This is the only time I've seen him live:

https://youtu.be/U6SSR3YY-rc
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    Seen him twice. Seeing him again in June in Lexington. Great live experience!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
    edited January 2019
    Is anyone else madly head over heels in love with Egypt Station, like I am? I seriously can't get enough of it. That reminds me, I have to order the vinyl.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    Is anyone else madly head over heels in love with Egypt Station, like I am? I seriously can't get enough of it. That reminds me, I have to order the vinyl.

I wish I could say I am.

I think my friend got my hopes up to high. He text me one day asking if I heard it. Said it was great and the best thing Paul's done since Ram. So there you go, my expectations were through the roof to begin. It didn't stand a chance.

edited January 2019
    PJ_Soul said:

I wish I could say I am.

I think my friend got my hopes up to high. He text me one day asking if I heard it. Said it was great and the best thing Paul's done since Ram. So there you go, my expectations were through the roof to begin. It didn't stand a chance.

Too bad... I didn't have any expectation really, although if I had they would have been met, lol. I really really love it. It just makes me feel happy and good! I think it's my favorite album that he's ever done... which is totally crazy, given that he's in his 70s.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I wish I could say I am.

Too bad... I didn't have any expectation really, although if I had they would have been met, lol. I really really love it. It just makes me feel happy and good! I think it's my favorite album that he's ever done... which is totally crazy, given that he's in his 70s.

That is crazy!! HA

I personally like Ram and Wings Wildlife.

I think he and Ringo should just go out on tour already. Maybe their holding out for their 80's ? =)

edited January 2019
    Okay, I am NOT digging this auto tune song Paul just released, "Get Enough". I mean... as far as heavily auto tuned songs go, I guess this one is better than all the rest, but geez, that is NOT saying much, or anything nice. Oh well. I guess he just wanted to try something different, and I can't fault that.... I just hope he doesn't intend to put it on an actual album. This better just be a one-off single.