Hurricane Michael

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    lolobugg said:
    Lolo, hope the family and friends are all OK down there!

they are doing ok, Brett. just a lot of cleanup ahead of them. they lost every tree in their yard.
    Sure even if they have insurance the companies that remove will be booked for weeks/months.  With those huge trees, I dont know how most people would be able to deal with them.  Best of luck to them and glad they are OK!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • We’re doing a heck of a job under what was the wettest water ever and I was really busy making inroads with the black community.

No food, no FEMA: Hurricane Michael’s survivors are furious - The Daily Beast https://apple.news/APp4E5UMtQT2ULJVMPM0ovw

Dont forget all those really expensive military planes that were left in the storm’s path and damaged. I mean, planes fly right? And there’s other places to land them, right? Good luck Florida, Team Trump Treason is praying for you.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    We’re doing a heck of a job under what was the wettest water ever and I was really busy making inroads with the black community.

No food, no FEMA: Hurricane Michael’s survivors are furious - The Daily Beast https://apple.news/APp4E5UMtQT2ULJVMPM0ovw

Dont forget all those really expensive military planes that were left in the storm’s path and damaged. I mean, planes fly right? And there’s other places to land them, right? Good luck Florida, Team Trump Treason is praying for you.

Those planes could even have been used to evacuate some people out of harms way, if necessary. Imagine that. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    We’re doing a heck of a job under what was the wettest water ever and I was really busy making inroads with the black community.

Those planes could even have been used to evacuate some people out of harms way, if necessary. Imagine that. 
    It is difficult to imagine that not everyone could get out or to a shelter.  That should never happen.

But for those that can and stay....wtf?  I read an article about a lady who lost her house and husband.  Sad title. Then I read the article.  They were OUTSIDE of their mobile home watching and decided it was getting to rough and started to head in and an oak tree fell on them.  WTF?  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

It is difficult to imagine that not everyone could get out or to a shelter.  That should never happen.

But for those that can and stay....wtf?  I read an article about a lady who lost her house and husband.  Sad title. Then I read the article.  They were OUTSIDE of their mobile home watching and decided it was getting to rough and started to head in and an oak tree fell on them.  WTF?  
    Darwinism 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    PJPOWER said:

Darwinism 
    As sad as it is that someone lost their relative (and husband) to this accident...I have to agree.  You really need to do better than to stay outside watching this when the TV clearly tells you it is bad.

So sad for the people impacted by this.

Crazy that one guy built a house to withstand it...

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821

For some people, evacuating might be very difficult, depending on the infrastructure and emergency response planning, but certainly some choose to stay and they're just making things harder for everyone, since the emergency responders then feel morally compelled to try to help them. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • retroponyretropony Myrtle Beach SC Posts: 349
    It takes time to load up Air Force One with paper towels...
    Washington DC 2008
    Charlotte NC 2013
    Greenville SC 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018

For some people, evacuating might be very difficult, depending on the infrastructure and emergency response planning, but certainly some choose to stay and they're just making things harder for everyone, since the emergency responders then feel morally compelled to try to help them. 
    This is a good read.  https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/13/reader-center/evacuation-hurricane-michael.html

yeah I was saying it's difficult to imagine not providing coordinated evac for people, those that cannot afford it or don't have the means.  But there are far too many people staying when they could easily go.  If we got everyone out it would be easier to provide support after as well.  
    hippiemom = goodness

This is a good read.  https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/13/reader-center/evacuation-hurricane-michael.html

yeah I was saying it's difficult to imagine not providing coordinated evac for people, those that cannot afford it or don't have the means.  But there are far too many people staying when they could easily go.  If we got everyone out it would be easier to provide support after as well.  
    At the very least, please try to avoid sitting out in the lawn chair watching it all, right?!

At the very least, please try to avoid sitting out in the lawn chair watching it all, right?!
    But I have all this Busch Light!
    hippiemom = goodness

:lol:

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

Oh, like Coors Light is any better.

:weary:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

Coors Light drinkers sit inside their double-wides and poke fun at Busch Light drinkers who are outside, dodging trees, while watching hurricanes.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    PJPOWER said:

Darwinism 
    You know that's not what Darwinism is, right?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    dankind said:

Coors Light drinkers sit inside their double-wides and poke fun at Busch Light drinkers who are outside, dodging trees, while watching hurricanes.
    I never understood why anyone would drink a light beer in any case!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited October 2018
    dankind said:
    That ad didn't age at all.

Simpler times.
    Wow! Check out the size of his binoculars! :flushed:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:

I never understood why anyone would drink a light beer in any case!
    Ever drink mass quantities, frequently?
    This is how one gets used to drinking light beers.
    Difference between 10 Coors Lights and 10 Coors is 470 calories.
    In college I would venture that 10 is a low number of beers, consumed most nights.
    Even if we said 5 nights a week that is 2350 calories a week.
    That is somewhere around an extra day's worth of calories per week, and the exercise level was going to be the same, regardless of beer choice.
    Was pretty easy to see why this was standard and why the preference for watered down, American beer, was acquired. 

As far as the argument about it being crap and not really beer vs. the beer snob current stance here?  I cannot make that case.  It is watered down stuff, made for drinking in great quantities. 

This is why they make lots of kinds -- choices for those who want them.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:

Darwinism 
    “Darwin award candidates”...Better?  

edited October 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:

Darwinism 

No. That entire concept is so dumb. That isn't how natural selection is. I'm so sick of people all over social media who don't understand the concept saying that people dying when they do stupid things is natural selection or Darwinism or makes them eligible for the Darwin award. It is literally simply a demonstration of the fact that far too few people know what it actually is; I don't believe for a second that they all know it's a total misuse of the term. I guess I have to boil it down to a massive failure of the education system.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:

Darwinism 

No. That entire concept is so dumb. That isn't how natural selection is. I'm so sick of people all over social media who don't understand the concept saying that people dying when they do stupid things is natural selection or Darwinism or makes them eligible for the Darwin award. It is literally simply a demonstration of the fact that far too few people know what it actually is; I don't believe for a second that they all know it's a total misuse of the term. I guess I have to boil it down to a massive failure of the education system.
    @PJPOWER probably drank 10 beers a night in college, like I did.

PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:

Darwinism 

So did I, plus I was a huge pot head, but I still know what Darwinism is, lol. ;)
    edited October 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:

Darwinism 

No. That entire concept is so dumb. That isn't how natural selection is. I'm so sick of people all over social media who don't understand the concept saying that people dying when they do stupid things is natural selection or Darwinism or makes them eligible for the Darwin award. It is literally simply a demonstration of the fact that far too few people know what it actually is. I guess I have to boil it down to a massive failure of the education system.
    I’m going to “boil this down” to you being thin skinned and feeling the need to pick apart even the most insignificant things people say or post.  Maybe the problem isn’t others...
    It’s a silly saying and everyone except you understands that it is not a literal translation of Darwinism, but a humorous way of saying that these people idiotically took themselves out of the evolutionary gene pool.  It is less about education and more about your inability to refrain from criticizing absolutely everything.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:

Darwinism 

So did I, plus I was a huge pot head, but I still know what Darwinism is, lol. ;)
    Yet, you did not feel the need to drink light beer?  Your metabolism is either better than most, you exercised a ton, or you went up a size in your gear every year.  :lol: 

Anyway....we really jumped from the topic -- the poor people awaiting aid from this natural disaster.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:

Darwinism 

Lol, I wish, I actually had to get up and go to work most mornings.  The weekends on the other hand...

edited October 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:

Darwinism 

Lol, I wish, I actually had to get up and go to work most mornings.  The weekends on the other hand...

So did I - I worked about 25 hours a week all through university. But it was when I was 18 to 24 years old - still young enough to drink until 3AM and get up at 6AM for school and work! ;) .... I got 6 hours sleep last night, no booze or drugs in my system, and I'm totally exhausted. Age sucks, lol.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:

Darwinism 

So did I - I worked about 25 hours a week all through university. But it was when I was 18 to 24 years old - still young enough to drink until 3AM and get up at 6AM for school and work! ;) .... I got 6 hours sleep last night, no booze or drugs in my system, and I'm totally exhausted. Age sucks, lol.
    Wait until
    you hit 50 next year. ;)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......