23scidoo said:
    pdalowsky said:
    23scidoo said:
    Star Wars movies sucks..
    This. I’m not alone. 
    Now this is just crazy talk
    No Paul, i'm totally serious..
    also Friends sucks..
    The first film is a nice self-contained matiné adventure. 
    Don't need the rest of them.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    The occasional request is OK but otherwise the band should never, ever listen to fans on this board when writing setlists.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,503
    You Are is awesome!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    Black live is a setlist killer.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,268
    Kearn5y said: I don't like Leatherman.
    23scidoo said: Friends sucks...
    :open_mouth:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    frisbiecfrisbiec Seattle, WA Posts: 112
    • Index cards and money order only payment was better than the online ticket lottery
    • Reserved is better than GA
    • Pearl Jam has always had bad t-shirts
    • PJ20 documentary and book were both disappointing - Single Video Theory > Touring Band 2000 > Immagine in Cornice > PJ20 > Live at the Garden > Live at the Showbox > Let's Play Two
    • Curb Your Enthusiasm is better than Seinfeld
    Remove yourself from comfort . . . all progress involves risk
  • Options
    frisbiec said:
    • Index cards and money order only payment was better than the online ticket lottery
    • PJ20 documentary and book were both disappointing - Single Video Theory > Touring Band 2000 > Immagine in Cornice > PJ20 > Live at the Garden > Live at the Showbox > Let's Play Two
    What bands has good tshirts then?

PJ20 was a missed opportunity
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,006
    edited October 2018
    • The Super deluxe boxes of Ten and Vs/Vitalogy were kind of tacky, and seems kind of poorly thought out with them scrapping the whole thing. Should have been the music + a documentary (or book) about the making of the album in depth, breaking down every song. Instead of tacky plastic memorabilia stuff that adds nothing. Waste of plastic and space. Think "quality" instead of "what do everyone else do with super deluxe sets - oh right - random plastic trinkets!". 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    frisbiecfrisbiec Seattle, WA Posts: 112
    edited October 2018
    frisbiec said:
    What bands has good tshirts then?

PJ20 was a missed opportunity
    Good question . . . It changes from time to time, but right now I am really liking Mastodon's art work and t-shirt designs. Agree that PJ20 was a missed opportunity, I enjoy the supplemental material and bonus footage more. The book itself, is hard to read as a whole, but has some cool parts.
    Post edited by frisbiec on
    Remove yourself from comfort . . . all progress involves risk
  • Options
    Jeremy is the best song on Ten.
    I prefer a fast start.  Give me Given to Fly or Corduroy to lead of.
    MSG really isn't all that special.  I made a trip there in '16 and it seemed pretty standard.
    If I wait in the GA line for longer than an hour it ruins the entire show for me.  I don't know how others can spend all day (or overnight) there.
    Stone is my preferred guitarist.
    Maybe its all nostalgia but I enjoy the outdoor venues.
    I don't think GA is a major factor in the energy of a show.
    I think that Nothing As It Seems would have been better on a Jeff solos album.  I thin his demo is much better than the PJ album version.
    I will never understand drinking excessively before or during the show.
    I love the album version of Rearviewmirror but don't like it when they jam it live.  The album version builds until the energy peaks right before the end.  Putting a jam in the middle ruins the "tension".
    I think that the reserved seating with lottery for rows 1, 2, 9, and 10 does a better job at getting different people people to the front than GA.
    I genuinely love every PJ album.   I'm not a fan of every song but I have entries from my top ten from every album.  I don't think that I could continue to be a fan for so long if I didn't enjoy the music post-2000.
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • Options
    MC185899MC185899 Posts: 76
    edited October 2018
    -I don’t know when Eddie turned into Richard Pryor.  We all know he knows the “F word”.  This year’s bootlegs seem to reveal him slipping from R-rated to NC-17.  It seems unnecessary to me.  Call me a prude if you wish.
    -Lightning Bolt is mostly boring/uninspired stuff
    -I wish they would actually “jam out” some songs more.  I’ll take a 10 minute version of something rocking anytime. 
    -I didn’t like the band charging $2 for a paper ticket after forcing everyone to use an e-ticket on the last tour.  
    -Ben Harper is pretty mediocre.  
    -Sonic Youth is a perfect opener for PJ. 
    -Matt Cameron was much better with Soundgarden. 
    -Recent shows have started to feel too much like telethons/political rallies.  Please don’t turn into U2 on us!

• Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    edited October 2018
    The albums with the worst cover art contain amazing music. (Ten, VS, No Code, Yield, Binaural, Riot Act, Avocado)
    The albums with the best cover art contain my least favorite songs, musically. (Vitalogy, Lightning Bolt)
    I can't fit Backspacer into this thought.
    Post edited by Milestone on
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    I love that people think the msg shows are overrated.  Hopefully you guys all stay home the next time they play there. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Why are some people posting popular opinions in the unpopular opinion thread?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    I love that people think the msg shows are overrated.  Hopefully you guys all stay home the next time they play there. 
    I hope everyone stays home when I Twilight Zone myself to Boston 2010. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,427
    I’d like to see a return to shorter (27/28 songs) shows and longer tours. 

Leas covers and more binaural/riot act/avocado songs. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    best albums: riot act - advocado
    worst: backspacer.
    stop with even flow, daughter, small town, betterman, jeremy, black and openin with release, (specially here in southamerica)
    best ed age is with the mohawk

nirvana is the band more overrated all the time..it sucks
    chris cornell (was) is GOD and mark lanegan too

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    I hope everyone stays home when I Twilight Zone myself to Boston 2010. 
    That s a killer bootleg!
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    mcgruff10 said:
    I hope this MSG disappointment is sincere - I"ll happily force myself to get a better seat at the best venue. 

Hampton Coliseum is a kick ass venue. 
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    I've never really thought all that much of Cornell's voice.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    I hate that they have so much merch. 

I think it was shitty to change seniority seating in front for ga.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options

• Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    Call me crazy but Crazy Mary is a no go for me. 
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826

Well, if you're gonna go unpopular, go all the way.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

Well, if you're gonna go unpopular, go all the way.
    I agree with you, I could never get into Cornell. 
  • Options
    RE658041RE658041 Sweden Posts: 401
    Alive is not top 100 PJ songs.
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,285
    riley540 said:
    The Beatles were the Backstreet Boys of the 60s
    And then they made Revolver! I can't wait for Backstreet boys to answer that.
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 527
    Stone is the best overall musician in the group (playing, songwriting, etc.). And it’s not close. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    Mikemzl91Mikemzl91 Posts: 484
    Frusciante is a better guitar player then both Mike and Stone. 

I've yet to come across a reason to think otherwise. Anyone???
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    RE658041 said:
    Alive is not top 100 PJ songs.
    I'd like to see the list of 100 songs you'd rank ahead of it!