2023 CHICAGO BEARS

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Well that was ugly.  Mitch didn't look great again, but pretty impressive to come back and win after falling behind 14-0 in the 1st quarter.  Khalil Mack is fucking awesome....still can't believe Gruden's dumb ass traded him away.
    Yep. Ugly win, but I’ll take it. Especially after being down 14-0. 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    1st place Chicago Bears? Sometimes, the sports world provides for a GREAT, yet unproductive weekend. 

Cubs take 2 of 3 from the Sox
    Notre Dame wins 
    Tiger wins
    Packers lose
    Vikings lose
    Bears win
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    1st place Chicago Bears? Sometimes, the sports world provides for a GREAT, yet unproductive weekend. 

Cubs take 2 of 3 from the Sox
    Notre Dame wins 
    Tiger wins
    Packers lose
    Vikings lose
    Bears win

The first 2 things on your list make me want to puke, but the rest sounds great!!!
    Hey, the Sox got the win, handily too, on Friday...so there's that for you.

And who could possibly not be happy with a Notre Dame victory? That's the cure all for anything! :lol::lol:
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    It just dawned on me that the the bears took Trubisky ahead of Mahomes and Watson. Easy to play Monday morning QB, but imagine how we would look with Mahomes under center and Nagy (ex-KC OC) calling the plays. Whoa. 
    ^^^Classic Bears!
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    edited September 2018
    bbiggs said:
    It just dawned on me that the the bears took Trubisky ahead of Mahomes and Watson. Easy to play Monday morning QB, but imagine how we would look with Mahomes under center and Nagy (ex-KC OC) calling the plays. Whoa. 
    At least they didn't trade up in the draft to get him, oh wait, they did :anguished:
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    These Bears are good.

And I am a long time disgruntled pessimistic Bears fan. 
    Play calling has been near perfect today. And Mitch looks confident and pushing the ball downfield. Love it! 
    Wow!  Great game all around...Mitch looked awesome out there.  Defense dominated again.  Brutal time for the bye week after this performance..
    That was horrific.  Inexcusable performance by a team coming off their bye week.  Lost to Brock fucking Osweiler.  What a joke.  New coaches and players but same old Bears.  And now they have the Pats next week.  Just horrible all around.
    That was horrific.  Inexcusable performance by a team coming off their bye week.  Lost to Brock fucking Osweiler.  What a joke.  New coaches and players but same old Bears.  And now they have the Pats next week.  Just horrible all around.
    Another very bad loss today. Very bad. 
    I picked them (with 1 of my 2 remaining picks) in a $17,500 Survivor pool. After hearing early Friday afternoon that Tannehill was questionable. 

Red hot Bears
    Off a bye
    Fins lost 2 in a row including a bad one last week
    Osweiler as starter on short notice
    Several other injuries on Miami

What could go wrong? FML
    That offensive pass interference call on Burton was horrible.  It wasn't a pick play....just incidental contact between him and the LB.  Would have been 28-13 but instead Trubisky forces a throw in the end zone to the 3rd string TE and Miami ties it a few plays later.  But can't blame it all on that...3 awful turnovers and the defense couldn't tackle anyone.  Brutal.
    ^ This is true. 14 point swing right there. I’m still bitter about the loss this morning. 
  • Bears are a tram on the rise... but the Patriots will not be denied this weekend. 35-17
    Well that was just a horrible half of football.  2 shitty teams in bad weather...tough to watch.
    Well that was just a horrible half of football.  2 shitty teams in bad weather...tough to watch.
    Lol. Agreed. At least they got back in the win column. I was at the game and it was pretty damn boring. 
    bbiggs said:
    Lol. Agreed. At least they got back in the win column. I was at the game and it was pretty damn boring. 

Yeah, crowd sounded dead on TV...very boring game.  I'll be in Buffalo for the game next week....should be a winner but ya never know with this team.
    bbiggs said:

Yeah, crowd sounded dead on TV...very boring game.  I'll be in Buffalo for the game next week....should be a winner but ya never know with this team.
    You’re right. You never know with this team. I’ll be at the Minny game in a few weeks. If you happen to be at the game, message me and we’ll try to meet up for a beer beforehand. We tailgate at the Waldron lot. 
    Leaving for Buffalo tomorrow morning for my annual Bears road trip.  This is year #10!  Prob going to cross the border and head to Canada Saturday night....should be a blast.  Bears are facing Peterman so this should definitely be a win.
    Leaving for Buffalo tomorrow morning for my annual Bears road trip.  This is year #10!  Prob going to cross the border and head to Canada Saturday night....should be a blast.  Bears are facing Peterman so this should definitely be a win.
    Enjoy man! Sounds like a lot of fun. And a Bears victory SHOULD be in the making. :) 
    bbiggs said:
    Enjoy man! Sounds like a lot of fun. And a Bears victory SHOULD be in the making. :) 
    Awesome! Have fun and be safe. Should be an ass kicking like the game against the Dolph.....never mind.
    Well that was awesome.  Mitch played great and D was all over the place.  Good to see Mack back out there making things happen as usual.  And holy shit the Lions are bad.....can't wait to play them again on Thanksgiving.  Huge game coming up Sunday night vs the Vikings.....finally some meaningful football games late in the season for this team!!
    Well that was awesome.  Mitch played great and D was all over the place.  Good to see Mack back out there making things happen as usual.  And holy shit the Lions are bad.....can't wait to play them again on Thanksgiving.  Huge game coming up Sunday night vs the Vikings.....finally some meaningful football games late in the season for this team!!
    Great game for sure. Mitch played like a kid with a lot of confidence.  They need to drop Parkey like a bad habit though. Sunday night will be a big test for this team. I’m going and excited for what should be a good game. Two remaining tests after the Vikes. Rams and Packers. If we can somehow win 2 of those 3 games (and handle the Lions and Giants), we’ll be in a great spot. 
    bbiggs said:
    Great game for sure. Mitch played like a kid with a lot of confidence.  They need to drop Parkey like a bad habit though. Sunday night will be a big test for this team. I’m going and excited for what should be a good game. Two remaining tests after the Vikes. Rams and Packers. If we can somehow win 2 of those 3 games (and handle the Lions and Giants), we’ll be in a great spot. 

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the kicking.....amazing that he hit 4 posts.  Sounds like he isn't going anywhere just yet.  But he has to be on very thin ice at this point.  Kickers are the worst.  That will be a fun game to be at on Sunday night...that place will be rocking!
    1.5 game lead in the NFC North.  This defense is awesome.....3 more takeaways last night.  Hicks had 5 tackles for loss last night.....that guy is a beast.  Now take care of business Thursday against a shitty Lions team and have a nice long break before they play the Giants.

Also, how brutal is it that the Bears get flexed into the Sunday night game and then have to play on the road 4 days later at 11:30am.  NFL is such a joke...they claim to care about player safety but then they do shit like this.  Completely ridiculous.
    8-3!  Was the smart move to sit Mitch with 10 days until the next game.  Daniel was great considering the situation....didn't turn the ball over which was huge.  And how fucking awesome is Eddie Jackson???  Guy is a stud.  Can always count on Stafford to turn the ball over late...most overrated QB in the league.

Still don't think Bears are at that Rams/Saints/Chiefs level but with a defense this good you never know.  Fully expect them to win the division and be hosting a playoff game in January...
    That was a tough one.  Love that this team doesn't quit.  Sucks to lose to a shitty team like the Giants but to go 1-1 in 2 road games with your backup QB isn't bad at all.  Hopefully Mitch is ready to go for Sunday night vs the Rams.
    That was a tough one.  Love that this team doesn't quit.  Sucks to lose to a shitty team like the Giants but to go 1-1 in 2 road games with your backup QB isn't bad at all.  Hopefully Mitch is ready to go for Sunday night vs the Rams.
    Unfortunately, this was not a shocking result. I don’t bet on football anymore but the Bears as a 4 point favorite in this game was a head scratcher. Predictable trap game with the Rams on deck. Good thing we didn’t lose ground with the entire NFC north tanking today.