Police abuse

Comments

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    rgambs said:
    Yeah, very curious to see this one play out, it will be interesting to have the full story.
    Still not the full story, but a few more details of Guyger's story, which don't exactly make sense.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dallas-police-officer-amber-guyger-botham-jean-shooting_us_5b96daf8e4b0cf7b0042b550

She claims she shot after Jean ignored her "verbal commands", which sounds like she saw herself in a police role at that time, despite the fact that she had no grounds to give verbal commands.

She also says she shot before turning the lights on, thus explaining why she didn't realize that she was in the wrong apartment. Why would she shoot without even knowing who or what she was shooting at?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • rgambs said:
    Yeah, very curious to see this one play out, it will be interesting to have the full story.
    Still not the full story, but a few more details of Guyger's story, which don't exactly make sense.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dallas-police-officer-amber-guyger-botham-jean-shooting_us_5b96daf8e4b0cf7b0042b550

She claims she shot after Jean ignored her "verbal commands", which sounds like she saw herself in a police role at that time, despite the fact that she had no grounds to give verbal commands.

She also says she shot before turning the lights on, thus explaining why she didn't realize that she was in the wrong apartment. Why would she shoot without even knowing who or what she was shooting at?
    Because she’s “responsible?”
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    rgambs said:

Investigators obtained a search warrant for "evidence of a criminal offense" "of value" to search "a computer" and "the apartment" for possible narcotics.
    I guess you can't assume anything these days!
    Is there a word smear-squared?
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    There are witnesses on record stating that she knocked and asked for entry.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    rgambs said:
    There are witnesses on record stating that she knocked and asked for entry.
    And then what did the witnesses witness?
    Let's super smear the dead guy rogue.
    I wonder what they will find on THE computer and in THE apartment?
    I believe they said his last words were something very close to "why did you do that?"
    rgambs said:

My first thought was that this is the kind of thing they teach at conceal carry classes.  There are always helpful tips on how to get away with murder, giving clear warnings and commands supports a self-defence claim.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • "My brain's a good brain!"
    Fox and law enforcement attempt to smear Botham Jean by reporting that there was a (very small) amount of marijuana found in his apartment.

And this is relevant to the fact that he was wrongfully shot in his own home by police exactly how?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bothan-jean-search-warrant-marijuana_us_5b9afc61e4b046313fb95f27
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    edited September 2018
    Fox and law enforcement attempt to smear Botham Jean by reporting that there was a (very small) amount of marijuana found in his apartment.

And this is relevant to the fact that he was wrongfully shot in his own home by police exactly how?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bothan-jean-search-warrant-marijuana_us_5b9afc61e4b046313fb95f27
    I don't see that as a smear campaign. Its the facts of the case, a lot of sources who covered this story have said that.

I actually have heard very little on this case, so I went searching for articles. I didnt see anything by anyone that would suggest he was a thug or anything near that (something I would expect if they were trying to destroy his character). Fox even reported that the cop's family may have ties to racist groups. So I just don't see this being a smear thing, just reporting.

I did find something out that I have suspected all along. She just came off a double shift. I'll repeat again that I think the cop is compeltely in the wrong and should be charged with a crime. But the circumstances point away from anything intentional. She had been living there a month, parked on the 3rd floor instead of the 4th, walked to where her apartment would be (one floor above). There are mixed reports there, but some include that the door was unlocked when she tried to use her key. So its compeltely fathomable this was a terrible mistake. A terrible mistake that should never have happened, and should result in negligent manslaughter, but a terrible mistake without any ill intentions.
    I bring up the double shift because that is very common. It seems very stupid to me to expect people who carry guns and are put into harm's way, expected to make split-second life or death decisions, all while working 16 hours straight. And it happens all the time in some departments. There's lots of studies to show sleepy drivers can be worse than drunk drivers, why would we want our police to function at a level lower than a drunk?
    Should be 8 hour shifts with a max of 2 hours over time for anyone working the streets.
    This probably would have been avoided if that were the case.
    mace1229 said:

I don't see that as a smear campaign. Its the facts of the case, a lot of sources who covered this story have said that.

I actually have heard very little on this case, so I went searching for articles. I didnt see anything by anyone that would suggest he was a thug or anything near that (something I would expect if they were trying to destroy his character). Fox even reported that the cop's family may have ties to racist groups. So I just don't see this being a smear thing, just reporting.

I did find something out that I have suspected all along. She just came off a double shift. I'll repeat again that I think the cop is compeltely in the wrong and should be charged with a crime. But the circumstances point away from anything intentional. She had been living there a month, parked on the 3rd floor instead of the 4th, walked to where her apartment would be (one floor above). There are mixed reports there, but some include that the door was unlocked when she tried to use her key. So its compeltely fathomable this was a terrible mistake. A terrible mistake that should never have happened, and should result in negligent manslaughter, but a terrible mistake without any ill intentions.
    I bring up the double shift because that is very common. It seems very stupid to me to expect people who carry guns and are put into harm's way, expected to make split-second life or death decisions, all while working 16 hours straight. And it happens all the time in some departments. There's lots of studies to show sleepy drivers can be worse than drunk drivers, why would we want our police to function at a level lower than a drunk?
    Should be 8 hour shifts with a max of 2 hours over time for anyone working the streets.
    I would agree that no one in a sensitive role should be forced, or even allowed, to work while sleep deprived. 

But I do absolutely see the marijuana as a smear attempt. It's completely irrelevant to the fact that he's a homicide victim. It's part and parcel of the attempt to portray victims in cases like these, particularly black victims, as in the wrong somehow. They couldn't come up with anything else for him, but they could cast this bit of doubt.
    mace1229 said:

Interesting how we have the facts of the case that make him look bad, but we haventh heard anything about her blood test results or anything about the warrant to search her home and what was found.

Also, 2 things have been demonstrated by the victim's lawyer that Fox doesn't seem to want to report... He had a bright red rug in front of his door.  Practically battery operated, so bright.  The doors of the complex are on pneumatic hinges...they close automatically like hotel doors.  Now, I haven't seen video proving that, but that would be a huge lie from the attorney and I don't see why he would take that risk in making that up.
    If true, that destroys her well-crafted story of a door ajar that opened under the force of her unique key card.

Police should absolutely not be working beyond 12 hours a day and probably not more than two 12s in a row ever, that's a no-brainer for their own safety.
    I will add...10 ounces of marijuana and a grinder is a classic "plant" scenario.  Cops don't plant paraphernalia that is used to actually use drugs when they plant evidence, they only plant paraphernalia that is used to prepare drugs.  They wouldn't want evidence that should have DNA on it but doesn't...huge red flag when cops find a grinder and nothing to smoke with.
    edited September 2018
    rgambs said:
    mace1229 said:

Interesting how we have the facts of the case that make him look bad, but we haventh heard anything about her blood test results or anything about the warrant to search her home and what was found.

Also, 2 things have been demonstrated by the victim's lawyer that Fox doesn't seem to want to report... He had a bright red rug in front of his door.  Practically battery operated, so bright.  The doors of the complex are on pneumatic hinges...they close automatically like hotel doors.  Now, I haven't seen video proving that, but that would be a huge lie from the attorney and I don't see why he would take that risk in making that up.
    If true, that destroys her well-crafted story of a door ajar that opened under the force of her unique key card.

Police should absolutely not be working beyond 12 hours a day and probably not more than two 12s in a row ever, that's a no-brainer for their own safety.
    One of my points was I’ve seen just as much negative stuff about her as I have from him. Fox had an article suggesting her family is racist.
    so I just don’t see anything to support an attempt to “make him look bad.”
    Whats so curious about the warrant? Someone was shot dead there, of course they are going to search the area.
    I think the cop was wrong and should be prosecuted. I’m not defending any of that. It actually seems like a small story, heard very little about it, but what I do see I haven’t seen any media defend the cop or what I consider smearing the victim. Saying they found weed is irrelevant, yes, but I don’t see that as smearing anyone. May as well report his car was yellow, who cares?
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Dead man talking?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    mace1229 said:
    rgambs said:
    mace1229 said:

One of my points was I’ve seen just as much negative stuff about her as I have from him. Fox had an article suggesting her family is racist.
    so I just don’t see anything to support an attempt to “make him look bad.”
    Whats so curious about the warrant? Someone was shot dead there, of course they are going to search the area.
    I think the cop was wrong and should be prosecuted. I’m not defending any of that. It actually seems like a small story, heard very little about it, but what I do see I haven’t seen any media defend the cop or what I consider smearing the victim. Saying they found weed is irrelevant, yes, but I don’t see that as smearing anyone. May as well report his car was yellow, who cares?
    Yellow cars are legal, pot is not. Both are irrelevant; thus, reporting one and not the other is an attempt to paint the victim in the worst possible light. The fact that they can’t find more points to how squeaky clean he was, not that they haven’t tried. 
    And, “small story”? An innocent man is dead. I’ve seen this reported in pretty much every online news site I read, including British and European sites.  
  • I look forward to the time when a black cop walks into a white guys apartment and shoots him dead and “it’s a small story,” insignificant, explained away as a lack of sleep, or doors that were left open, maybe he smoked a little pot? And the cop walks free.

Brilliantati©
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited September 2018
    LETS TALK ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE THAN THE USA.

China is infuriated at Sweden's police for "its brutality" concerning three Chinese tourists in Sweden.

From the Swedish Newspaper Aftonbladet:
    Everything began when three Chinese tourists came to Vasastan hostel and it turned out they had booked in on another day. The hostel was fully booked and after the Chinese stayed in the lobby for several hours they were asked to leave. But they refused, a fight broke out and the staff summoned the police who rejected the tourist trio from the place.

(I don't think there was any brutality involved, but just the police doing their job - and China/the Embassy acting out)

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited September 2018
    And, “small story”? An innocent man is dead. I’ve seen this reported in pretty much every online news site I read, including British and European sites.  
    I meant small story in terms of how much I've heard about it. Not in terms of relevance or importance. 
    Every time I turn on the news this last week all I saw was something either hurricane or Trump related. I watch a local station in the morning, about 30 minutes of CBS morning news that I recorded when i get home, and random selections in the evening. I honestly haven't heard it once on TV, but it could be I just tuned in the the wrong time or channel.
    And yes, its all over the internet. But when I consider something a huge story I expect it to be covered on TV media as well. And it just hasn't gotten that much coverage on prime-time news, or any TV news outlet that I can tell.
    Maybe we have a different definition of a small vs big story.  I just don't consider this a big news break from what I've seen. That doesn't mean it shouldnt be, or that it is insignificant or people shuoldnt be talking about it. If I thought that, I wouldn't have responded to the story in the first place.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
    mace1229 said:
    This "small story" is getting coverage in the UK, Europe, the middle east, Australia, Asia......

Yes, there's a big hurricane, and there's a typhoon that's even worse. You're dead wrong that this story isn't getting big coverage. 
  • LETS TALK ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE THAN THE USA.

China is infuriated at Sweden's police for "its brutality" concerning three Chinese tourists in Sweden.

Everything began when three Chinese tourists came to Vasastan hostel and it turned out they had booked in on another day. The hostel was fully booked and after the Chinese stayed in the lobby for several hours they were asked to leave. But they refused, a fight broke out and the staff summoned the police who rejected the tourist trio from the place.

(I don't think there was any brutality involved, but just the police doing their job - and China/the Embassy acting out)

Swedish police abuse in action. Haha.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited September 2018

:lol:
    That's funny, but the way the China embassy is reacting to the incident isn't. That's fucked up. The Swedish police did nothing wrong, and those Chinese tourists are idiots.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Some more police abuse from Sweden:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJqrwKMtJao
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

My first thought was that this is the kind of thing they teach at conceal carry classes.  There are always helpful tips on how to get away with murder, giving clear warnings and commands supports a self-defence claim.
    Your first thought is exactly the opposite shockingly enough.
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

Looks like Lebron whens he drives the lane and barely gets touched.  
    unsung said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

Your first thought is exactly the opposite shockingly enough.
    Not even you believe that lol