Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335

Introducing PlayStation Classic A miniature recreation of the iconic PlayStation console, pre-loaded with 20 fan-favorite games along with two wired controllers for local multiplayer showdowns and a virtual memory card for vital game saves. PlayStationClassic also features the same famous logo, button layout and outer packaging but this mini console is approximately 45% smaller than the original PlayStation and includes a HDMI cable to connect directly to a TV.
    •         PlayStation Classic comes with 20 pre-loaded games including, Final Fantasy Vll, Jumping Flash, Ridge Racer Type 4, Tekken 3 and Wild Arms.
    •         This mini console is approximately 45% smaller than the original PlayStation.
    •         Includes two wired controllers, a virtual memory card and an HDMI cable. 

• demetrios said:

Introducing PlayStation Classic A miniature recreation of the iconic PlayStation console, pre-loaded with 20 fan-favorite games along with two wired controllers for local multiplayer showdowns and a virtual memory card for vital game saves. PlayStationClassic also features the same famous logo, button layout and outer packaging but this mini console is approximately 45% smaller than the original PlayStation and includes a HDMI cable to connect directly to a TV.
    •         PlayStation Classic comes with 20 pre-loaded games including, Final Fantasy Vll, Jumping Flash, Ridge Racer Type 4, Tekken 3 and Wild Arms.
    •         This mini console is approximately 45% smaller than the original PlayStation.
    •         Includes two wired controllers, a virtual memory card and an HDMI cable. 

If DOOM isn't on it then it's a NO for me...
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Also comes with 'way too short' controller cables?
    :lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    No idea WHY they don't include a power supply adapter inside the box. :/
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    $100 is a pretty high price point for me for 20 games and not expandable.  

I kind of took this generation of games off for the most part.... at least main stream stuff.  I ended up playing NHL, Madden, NCAA Game Breaker, WWF Smackdown, and Civilization 2 a lot on PS1.... and I bet none of those make it on here.  Final Fantasy VII is kind of a draw, but already own it on a few platforms and $100 for that.  Dunno.  
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Not impressed. There were so many great games for PS. I loved this system. It replaced SNES for me and was the last gaming console I owned until I finally sold it off about 10 years ago. I can't find a complete game list, but what they are offering so far is pretty lackluster. They need to have Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil 3 (Scary AF), Final Fantasy IX (best one IMO), Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, MLB 2002, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Crash Bandicoot, Medal of Honor, Syphon Filter 3, Madden NFL ('01 or '02), WWF Smackdown 2 (Played the hell out of this in College - rented it from Blockbuster all the time :lol:) and NBA Live 2001 (KG on the cover!).
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • tbergs said:
    Not impressed. There were so many great games for PS. I loved this system. It replaced SNES for me and was the last gaming console I owned until I finally sold it off about 10 years ago. I can't find a complete game list, but what they are offering so far is pretty lackluster. They need to have Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil 3 (Scary AF), Final Fantasy IX (best one IMO), Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, MLB 2002, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Crash Bandicoot, Medal of Honor, Syphon Filter 3, Madden NFL ('01 or '02), WWF Smackdown 2 (Played the hell out of this in College - rented it from Blockbuster all the time :lol:) and NBA Live 2001 (KG on the cover!).
    You liked Soul Reaver?!?

Did anybody like Twisted Metal and Final Doom?

• bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    edited September 2018
    Twisted Metal, hell yeah! It'd be nice if that was included but I doubt it if their plan is to market to a younger demographic. Never stopped me from playing it as a kid though :grin:
    tbergs said:
    You liked Soul Reaver?!?

Did anybody like Twisted Metal and Final Doom?

Yeah, I got the Final Doom game. I was a bit disappointed in it, but it was scary and fun to play. Soul Reaver was frustrating, definitely not the best game, but still good. Never got in to Twisted Metal, found it redundant.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    I miss igotid88
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Speaking as a child of the 90's ... PS1 was mindblowing when it came out but oddly the 8 bit and 16 bit systems have aged better over time.  Kinda like how Star Fox is the crappiest game on the SNES classic.  Indie companies make good coin trying to make new games based on the 16 bit era but no one in their right mind is trying to duplicate a PS1 games graphics.

That said, if they have NFL Gameday on it I will club a little old lady over the head to get one.
    edited September 2018
    Up @ 10AM EST today. https://www.ebgames.ca/PS4/Games/756661/playstation-classic

Pre order still up at EB Games USA since yesterday. 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Some games to consider, outside of those already mentioned:
    Gran Turismo 2
    Spyro the Dragon
    Oddworld
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
    Silent Hill
    Tomb Raider 2
    Street Fighter Alpha 3
    Driver
    Xenogears
    Wipeout 3
    Jason P said:
    Speaking as a child of the 90's ... PS1 was mindblowing when it came out but oddly the 8 bit and 16 bit systems have aged better over time.  Kinda like how Star Fox is the crappiest game on the SNES classic.  Indie companies make good coin trying to make new games based on the 16 bit era but no one in their right mind is trying to duplicate a PS1 games graphics.

That said, if they have NFL Gameday on it I will club a little old lady over the head to get one.
    I was talking to someone about this.  It was kind of an awkward adolescence of video game progression.  N64, Sega Saturn, PS1 were kind of awkward graphically with that polygonal attempt at "3d" that made everything look very blocky and buggy.  I kind of sat that Gen out, as I was in college and was being social and whatnot.  I owned a PS1, but didnt buy too many games for it.  Bought a PS2 a few months after graduating and that was a big step forward.  The PS1 titles I did play... we'll see if they make it on this: GTA2, Silent Hill, Metal Gear Solid, Sports Games.   

It didnt age too well, and I dont think it carries the nostalgia of Atari 2600 - NES - Genesis - SNES.  The collector in me wants this, but not sure if $100 is a good price point. 

PS1 games also suck up a lot of storage, so a mod similar to the NES and SNES classics to get a huge library is unlikely
    MayDay10 said:
    Jason P said:

I was talking to someone about this.  It was kind of an awkward adolescence of video game progression.  N64, Sega Saturn, PS1 were kind of awkward graphically with that polygonal attempt at "3d" that made everything look very blocky and buggy.  I kind of sat that Gen out, as I was in college and was being social and whatnot.  I owned a PS1, but didnt buy too many games for it.  Bought a PS2 a few months after graduating and that was a big step forward.  The PS1 titles I did play... we'll see if they make it on this: GTA2, Silent Hill, Metal Gear Solid, Sports Games.   

It didnt age too well, and I dont think it carries the nostalgia of Atari 2600 - NES - Genesis - SNES.  The collector in me wants this, but not sure if $100 is a good price point. 

PS1 games also suck up a lot of storage, so a mod similar to the NES and SNES classics to get a huge library is unlikely
    A friend of mine is moving to Japan and is letting me foster his N64 while he's gone. I never had an N64 (went from SNES to Saturn/PS1) so I wanted to try out some of those titles I missed out on.  I popped in Ocarina of Time the other day and it looks like someone blew out a sinus infection, puked, & shit diarrhea all over the screen.  I sat there wondering how it was that the 8-bit NES and 16-bit SNES had sharper graphics than a 64-bit system.  I can't tell what the fuck anything is in this game.
    MayDay10 said:
    Jason P said:

A friend of mine is moving to Japan and is letting me foster his N64 while he's gone. I never had an N64 (went from SNES to Saturn/PS1) so I wanted to try out some of those titles I missed out on.  I popped in Ocarina of Time the other day and it looks like someone blew out a sinus infection, puked, & shit diarrhea all over the screen.  I sat there wondering how it was that the 8-bit NES and 16-bit SNES had sharper graphics than a 64-bit system.  I can't tell what the fuck anything is in this game.
    Haha! Agreed. The N64 was a system I never liked. Big disappointment and those dumb controllers. I think the first generation of PS1 games were pretty cruddy in the graphics department, but by early '00s it was a lot better
    My friend had a Sega Saturn around '97 maybe?  I remember playing EA Hockey on it and it was so bad it was pretty much unplayable.
    MayDay10 said:
    My friend had a Sega Saturn around '97 maybe?  I remember playing EA Hockey on it and it was so bad it was pretty much unplayable.
    I had a Formula 1 game (F1 Challenge) and while the gameplay was decent (button response was tight), graphically it was horrible. Rad Racer on the NES seemed to have better rendering. Left turns would look like right turns as you approached and vice versa, sometimes what appear to be a straightaway was actually a turn near a grandstand and you'd go crashing nose first into the damn wall.  The content was lacking as well.  It was weird because it had a full license, but you could only play as a handful of drivers and there were only 3 courses.
  • Anybody remember Neo-Geo and the insane price it commanded?
    $650 at launch!  That was insane for 1991.
  • $650 at launch!  That was insane for 1991.
    That's insane for today, lol!
    Ha, indeed!
    You Are insane today!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    never did a playstation. never did a nintendo. never did a wii.

it’s all bullshit. read a fucking book.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    says a guy with nearly 25,000 posts
  • jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,879
    MayDay10 said:
    says a guy with nearly 25,000 posts
    :lol:
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | **2024-05-16 Las Vegas** | **2024-05-18 Las Vegas** |