'The Home Shows' X 'The Away Shows' Merch

Comments

• RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,359
    mcgruff10 said:
    Did the 2018 Steve Thomas wrigley already drop on his site?  Thanks. 
    Yup. While I flew home from Chicago...maybe 1 day later.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    RS65573 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Did the 2018 Steve Thomas wrigley already drop on his site?  Thanks. 
    Yup. While I flew home from Chicago...maybe 1 day later.
    Aaah the same day I flew out. That s why I don’t remember it. Thank you!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Still waiting to hear from @bradklausen about my Seattle Poster that arrived damaged.  The tube was perfect-but the print was sliding around in the tube....
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    Just got a ship notification for the Klausen Madrid poster.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,317

postersandtoys Alright, gonna start getting these out the door. Will take a few days. #pearljam #tomwhalen #screenprint #gigposter

• Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    demetrios said:

postersandtoys Alright, gonna start getting these out the door. Will take a few days. #pearljam #tomwhalen #screenprint #gigposter

Love this poster. Got my shipping notice this morning
    Kearnsy
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,317

Queens of Noise by Ben Brown
    21–30 September
    Opening 6:00pm Friday, 21 September
    Facebook Event

• Was anyone else disappointed at the zipup sweatshirt being a printed rather than a patch?

The 2016 sweatshirts were amazing with the patches on them!!!

Bring back the patches!!!

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    Was anyone else disappointed at the zipup sweatshirt being a printed rather than a patch?

Everything is better with patches!

PJ Formal Wear... new in the shop:

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    edited September 2018
    Was anyone else disappointed at the zipup sweatshirt being a printed rather than a patch?

Definitely not the highest quality hoodie I own, but I'm a sucker for show-specific stuff.
  • Yup the hoodie was bogus.  Just broke out the 2016 and its patches and embroidery.  The 2018 print is a cheap cop out.  Didn't realize it was printed until after I bought it.  Buyer beware.  (whom am I kidding it says Wrigley and Pearl Jam I'm geting it-I know that that's the real problem)  Crashious Roadhouse needs to be brought in to do it right.
  • hizehize Posts: 3
    scored a Klausen Fenway AP, so now have a show version available (at cost plus shipping, obviously). PM me if interested.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    I passed on hoodie because they didn't have the sewn on patches. I'm surprised I was able to resist
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • BLACK35 said:
    I passed on hoodie because they didn't have the sewn on patches. I'm surprised I was able to resist
    I passed on it as well for the same reason.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    RP112579 said:
    Just got a ship notification for the Klausen Madrid poster.
    me too....I had to look back to see what I had even bought.  What took so long?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    tubes10s said:
    Sorry to but in and I’m sure I missed something, but did you return it to the eBay seller?  Even if they don’t accept returns you’re covered for the full sum because it didn’t arrive as expected.  It’s sucks for the seller, but that’s how it is.
    I always get a kick out of seeing ebay sellers write that they don't accept returns.  Ebay will force you as a seller to take returns if the buyer even thinks about asking for a return.  I once sold a box full of plastic pellets, like bean bag filler, about 25 pounds of plastic pellets.  The buyer kept them for a week, and then returned them because they "weren't round enough."  And ebay forced me to accept the return.  What really happened is that the guy bought the pellets, scooped out the pound or two that he needed, and then returned the rest for a full refund with his bullshit excuse.  That one still burns me up!  
    So you were correct here.  Let me summarize the issue for comment....

I ordered three Fenway posters (Mumford, Williams, Brown) from ebay while I was eating lunch in Boston on the day of the first concert.  My wife wasn't going to put up with merch lines and I just wanted to get it out of the way so I could quit obsessing. (yes, pathetic I know)

The posters were all offered by the same seller so she shipped all three to me in the same tube.  My postal deliverer stuck the tube in my mailbox and left about 33% of the tube hanging out of the box.  The tube got saturated in a downpour.  All three posters damaged.

Two have noticeable water damage on the back lower corners.  Not noticeable on the front that I can tell.  The third has some odd color smearing on the back but no water damage that I can see.  Not real sure where the color came from as I don't see smearing on the front of the posters.  None of the damage will be visible when framed.  

I was under the assumption that the ebay money back policy was more of an insurance type thing where if you receive damaged items they will reimburse you for what you paid after providing proof.

I went through the return procedure thinking that the seller rejecting the return was how I got to the next step with ebay.

Turns our that ebay will definitely have the seller refund me all that I paid including shipping.  All I have to do is return the posters to her by the 29th.

Now I feel like shit because it isn't really her fault.  Probably won't send them back and make her refund it.

Is that what you peeps would do?

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,426
    tubes10s said:
    Sorry to but in and I’m sure I missed something, but did you return it to the eBay seller?  Even if they don’t accept returns you’re covered for the full sum because it didn’t arrive as expected.  It’s sucks for the seller, but that’s how it is.
    I always get a kick out of seeing ebay sellers write that they don't accept returns.  Ebay will force you as a seller to take returns if the buyer even thinks about asking for a return.  I once sold a box full of plastic pellets, like bean bag filler, about 25 pounds of plastic pellets.  The buyer kept them for a week, and then returned them because they "weren't round enough."  And ebay forced me to accept the return.  What really happened is that the guy bought the pellets, scooped out the pound or two that he needed, and then returned the rest for a full refund with his bullshit excuse.  That one still burns me up!  

I ordered three Fenway posters (Mumford, Williams, Brown) from ebay while I was eating lunch in Boston on the day of the first concert.  My wife wasn't going to put up with merch lines and I just wanted to get it out of the way so I could quit obsessing. (yes, pathetic I know)

The posters were all offered by the same seller so she shipped all three to me in the same tube.  My postal deliverer stuck the tube in my mailbox and left about 33% of the tube hanging out of the box.  The tube got saturated in a downpour.  All three posters damaged.

Two have noticeable water damage on the back lower corners.  Not noticeable on the front that I can tell.  The third has some odd color smearing on the back but no water damage that I can see.  Not real sure where the color came from as I don't see smearing on the front of the posters.  None of the damage will be visible when framed.  

I was under the assumption that the ebay money back policy was more of an insurance type thing where if you receive damaged items they will reimburse you for what you paid after providing proof.

I went through the return procedure thinking that the seller rejecting the return was how I got to the next step with ebay.

Turns our that ebay will definitely have the seller refund me all that I paid including shipping.  All I have to do is return the posters to her by the 29th.

Now I feel like shit because it isn't really her fault.  Probably won't send them back and make her refund it.

Is this where USPS would cover with insurance? Seems if its anyones fault, it's theirs? 
    nuzzer1 said:
    tubes10s said:

Is this where USPS would cover with insurance? Seems if its anyones fault, it's theirs? 
    Yes.  They sent me $50.  If she would have shipped each separately I would have received $150.

I still have an appeal outstanding with the USPS.  My point being that it wasn't damaged in shipping.  It was damaged because their deliverer didn't want to get out of her vehicle and put the package on my porch instead of leaving it hanging out of the mailbox.  It rained all day so it was likely raining when it was delivered.  I think it must have been a substitute because our regular deliverer has left stuff on our porch multiple times.  

• lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    nuzzer1 said:
    tubes10s said:

Yes.  They sent me $50.  If she would have shipped each separately I would have received $150.

I still have an appeal outstanding with the USPS.  My point being that it wasn't damaged in shipping.  It was damaged because their deliverer didn't want to get out of her vehicle and put the package on my porch instead of leaving it hanging out of the mailbox.  It rained all day so it was likely raining when it was delivered.  I think it must have been a substitute because our regular deliverer has left stuff on our porch multiple times.  

that sucks. some lazy ass just cost you/seller money.

I assume there was no additional insurance on the posters besides the $50?

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

lolobugg said:
    nuzzer1 said:
    tubes10s said:

unfortunately no.

It is amazing how quick Ebay will pull that money back from the seller though.  I even said in my request that it wasn't the seller's fault.

• lolobugg said:
    nuzzer1 said:
    tubes10s said:

unfortunately no.

It is amazing how quick Ebay will pull that money back from the seller though.  I even said in my request that it wasn't the seller's fault.
    If things start getting pricey then you have to have them sign for it.
  • Redrumh2oRedrumh2o Boston, MA Posts: 290
    Would I do it? YES
    Would I be absolutely pissed if I was the seller....absolutly......BUT...if you are going to ship anything of value, just pay for the extra insurance (the non-USPS one that PayPal offered is so easy, and do signature confirmed as well). They should have protected themselves.
    Redrumh2o said:
    Would I do it? YES
    Would I be absolutely pissed if I was the seller....absolutly......BUT...if you are going to ship anything of value, just pay for the extra insurance (the non-USPS one that PayPal offered is so easy, and do signature confirmed as well). They should have protected themselves.
    good points....

• VanEyckVanEyck Posts: 171
    edited September 2018
    Werchter poster has made it's exit from the shop... !
    Redrumh2o said:
    Would I do it? YES
    And I didn't notice this when I purchased them but the seller did indicate "price includes insurance and delivery confirmation"...that was my first question to her "how much insurance did you get?" and she said it was just the $50 that you automatically get with priority mail.

• Home shows beer is surfacing on the bay.  $55 for a 6 pack?!?
  • This is a tough one!  If this was Amazon or Best Buy or something I would ask for a refund if entitled.   Here you have two non retailers involved and two people did nothing wrong.  I don't think the same "rules" apply here.  I get the seller is the one that got the cash, but the poster did get shipped and when the poster was left by the mail carrier it was in perfect condition.  When does risk of loss get transferred?  I think the seller did what they were supposed to, and the buyer loses this one.  I am surprised that the post office would reimburse for rain damage after delivery.  I wouldn't think they could be expected to predict the weather and not leave an item.
  • mwplummwplum Posts: 1,501
    Hard call, but I think if the posters are frameable, with not much markings, you’re unlikely to notice it. I know that’s easier said as I notice small pieces of lint if they end up in a frame and it annoys me for a few days before I ultimately forget. So long as you bought them to enjoy (and didn’t pay a massive mark up) then you can keep them for $50 less than initially expected.

however, as I write this, I wonder what the actual cost you paid for them was? If you bought them before the shows, then this person is effectively a flipper, and you know what people here feel about flippers. 
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • mwplummwplum Posts: 1,501
    If you paid more than say $50 per poster, I’d say f-the seller!
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
    mwplum said:
    If you paid more than say $50 per poster, I’d say f-the seller!
    I'm leaning that direction. She listed the posters at 95 each and it was really her responsibility to protect herself with additional insurance. Ebay is basically saying that I didn't get what I paid for which is essentially correct.