'The Home Shows' X 'The Away Shows' Merch

Comments

• RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,359
    I just had to return a Thomas I got on ebay because it had huge creases in the center. My first return in 15 years of collecting. Tube was 100% fine, so it had to be packed like that, no craft paper either.

It LOOKS like the guy literally gorrilla'd it up on line and tossed it into a mailbox.
    Sent back, full refund.

• RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    RS65573 said:
    I just had to return a Thomas I got on ebay because it had huge creases in the center. My first return in 15 years of collecting. Tube was 100% fine, so it had to be packed like that, no craft paper either.

It LOOKS like the guy literally gorrilla'd it up on line and tossed it into a mailbox.
    Sent back, full refund.

Yeah that’s all I was saying- there’s a shit ton of flippers cashing in on the Pearl Jam scene the last few years so there’s a shit ton that have no idea what they’re doing or how to correctly ship vinyl or posters.  Using eBay covers you as the buyer 100%. I got all of my $ back in a messed up poster I got a few weeks ago- no point in even discussing usps or insurance or any of that- eBay has your back as the buyer
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • RS65573 said:

Sent back, full refund.

Yeah that’s all I was saying- there’s a shit ton of flippers cashing in on the Pearl Jam scene the last few years so there’s a shit ton that have no idea what they’re doing or how to correctly ship vinyl or posters.  Using eBay covers you as the buyer 100%. I got all of my $ back in a messed up poster I got a few weeks ago- no point in even discussing usps or insurance or any of that- eBay has your back as the buyer
    Yea I’d have to be really desperate to buy a show edition poster on eBay from someone who doesn’t have a good history of shipping prints.  Just too many people looking to make a quick buck who have no idea what they’re doing. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    I made a trade recently, A Thomas “L” for a. Boston Mumford and the Mumford packaging showed up like this. No fault of the shipper it was packaged correctly.
    Similar thing happened to me except I bought 3 posters off ebay (Fenway Mumford, Williams, Brown) from the same seller.  The seller shipped them all in one tube and my mail deliverer left the tube sticking out of my mailbox in a downpour.  All three have water damage...they can still be framed with likely no one being able to notice on the front of the prints but the backs have noticeable damage, etc.

The post office will give you $50 if you file a claim.  If the shipper bought additional insurance then you can file the claim based off of that...when you file the claim online they can tell if insurance was purchased based on the tracking #.  Definitely file a claim to get your $50.

I am appealing the $50 minimum by stating that it wasn't damaged during shipping...it was damaged by negligence of the deliverer.  Not sure if that will do any good.

Lessons I have learned:
    1. ALWAYS have the seller/shipper purchase additional insurance for the value of the print.  If you go on ebay and see them selling for $200 then get $200 insurance....it's cheap as hell and at least you can replace it if damaged.
    2. When buying from ebay...have the seller ship each print separately so you can at least get $50 for each shipment
    Sorry to but in and I’m sure I missed something, but did you return it to the eBay seller?  Even if they don’t accept returns you’re covered for the full sum because it didn’t arrive as expected.  It’s sucks for the seller, but that’s how it is.
    thanks, yes I'm in the process of doing that.  I have to request a return, then wait a few days to have ebay handle it.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    edited September 2018
    PP193448 said:
    RP112579 said:
    PP193448 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Anybody receive their BK Madrid APs?
    Got mine on Friday.  Packed well, no damage.  Brad refunded the shipping cost because of the delay.  Just a great dude.  He didn’t have to do that.  Wasn’t his fault for the printing delay.
    Did you get a Seattle poster from him too? 
    Hasn’t been delivered yet, unless it’s in the same tube.  Didn’t take it out, but the receipt only had the Madrid on it.  It was in much wider tube than normal.  Maybe the Seattle AP is in there too.  Will check after work.
    If you ordered both, then most likely they're both in the same tube, as to why he refunded the shipping charge. I understand he has a ass load of prints to ship. But, don't see why the people who just ordered a Madrid print only and not a Seattle print as well are being shipped out after. It's been almost two months since we sent payment for the Madrid prints. Sucks, when the Madrid's are already for sale on ebay before some have even been shipped out yet. 
    Post edited by EM194007 on
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    EM194007 said:
    PP193448 said:
    RP112579 said:
    PP193448 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Got mine on Friday.  Packed well, no damage.  Brad refunded the shipping cost because of the delay.  Just a great dude.  He didn’t have to do that.  Wasn’t his fault for the printing delay.
    Hasn’t been delivered yet, unless it’s in the same tube.  Didn’t take it out, but the receipt only had the Madrid on it.  It was in much wider tube than normal.  Maybe the Seattle AP is in there too.  Will check after work.
    If you ordered both, then most likely they're both in the same tube, as to why he refunded the shipping charge. I understand he ha a ass load of prints to ship. But, don't see why the people who just ordered a Madrid print only and not a Seattle print as well are being shipped out after. It's been almost two months since we sent payment for the Madrid prints. Sucks, when the Madrid's are already for sale on ebay before some have even been shipped out yet. 
    Yep.  I ordered both.  Will check later, but the receipt in the tube only had Madrid.  I know he had delay from the print company.  Kind of out of his control.  Shit happens.  Unless you already made a trade for it or are trying to sell it, who really cares that it’s been 2 months since his drop.  
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Sorry to but in and I’m sure I missed something, but did you return it to the eBay seller?  Even if they don’t accept returns you’re covered for the full sum because it didn’t arrive as expected.  It’s sucks for the seller, but that’s how it is.
    I always get a kick out of seeing ebay sellers write that they don't accept returns.  Ebay will force you as a seller to take returns if the buyer even thinks about asking for a return.  I once sold a box full of plastic pellets, like bean bag filler, about 25 pounds of plastic pellets.  The buyer kept them for a week, and then returned them because they "weren't round enough."  And ebay forced me to accept the return.  What really happened is that the guy bought the pellets, scooped out the pound or two that he needed, and then returned the rest for a full refund with his bullshit excuse.  That one still burns me up!  
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    10-29-13 - Charlottesville
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    PP193448 said:
    EM194007 said:
    PP193448 said:
    RP112579 said:
    PP193448 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    If you ordered both, then most likely they're both in the same tube, as to why he refunded the shipping charge. I understand he ha a ass load of prints to ship. But, don't see why the people who just ordered a Madrid print only and not a Seattle print as well are being shipped out after. It's been almost two months since we sent payment for the Madrid prints. Sucks, when the Madrid's are already for sale on ebay before some have even been shipped out yet. 
    Yep.  I ordered both.  Will check later, but the receipt in the tube only had Madrid.  I know he had delay from the print company.  Kind of out of his control.  Shit happens.  Unless you already made a trade for it or are trying to sell it, who really cares that it’s been 2 months since his drop. 
    I'm in no rush at all. I've read the issue about him waiting on the rest of the Madrid prints to arrive, so, they could be shipped together with the Seattle orders. I'm not worried about Brad at all getting it all worked out. Just figured he'd take care of the oldest orders first. Before the multiple print orders. Oh well, the wait continues.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314

• Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    demetrios said:

Does the packaging meet everyones requirements
    Kearnsy
  • RS65573 said:

Sent back, full refund.

@Shannon!
  • Kearn5y said:
    demetrios said:

I mean if we’re being honest Dan never uses wide enough kraft paper. You’ve got about an inch before the print gets exposed but with the tissue paper crumpled up at one end it usually works.   He uses 22” tubes but should really use 24” IMO but to each their own. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    Kearn5y said:
    demetrios said:

I mean if we’re being honest Dan never uses wide enough kraft paper. You’ve got about an inch before the print gets exposed but with the tissue paper crumpled up at one end it usually works.   He uses 22” tubes but should really use 24” IMO but to each their own. 
    That was my thought too.
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Seattle variant and Madrid arrived Friday unharmed. Northeast 
    I should be getting mine soon then. Awesome. Can’t wait. You didn’t get any shipping confirmation though right?
    I did not.  Just showed up
    Kearn5y said:
    demetrios said:

Tube wall looks a little thin in my opinion.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Seattle variant and Madrid arrived Friday unharmed. Northeast 
    I should be getting mine soon then. Awesome. Can’t wait. You didn’t get any shipping confirmation though right?
    I did not.  Just showed up
    Thanks for the info 
  • Did anyone get their Emek yet? Just got mine and there is a weird line of grey on the top and bottom. Was that on the show edition too?
    looking to hear of the earth
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Did anyone get their Emek yet? Just got mine and there is a weird line of grey on the top and bottom. Was that on the show edition too?
    Yup...had grey bands on the top & bottom of the print.
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    I have an XXL Neon Green Home Shows shirt for trade... looking for the same shirt, or similar in an XL... PM me!
  • demetrios said:
    THIS makes me happy!!!

I'm going to have him doodle one for me!!!
  • SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    demetrios said:
    THIS makes me happy!!!

Wow that's perfect for you dude.  Maybe I'll try to come up...
  • SJD3232 said:
    demetrios said:
    THIS makes me happy!!!

Wow that's perfect for you dude.  Maybe I'll try to come up...
    Please do!!! It’s a lot of fun there. 
    demetrios said:
    THIS makes me happy!!!

Never been to one. But got cousins up there that go every year.  Time to check it out I guess 
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    My Ian Williams showed up today. Thankfully nothing wrong with it and the best part was no customs :)
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • demetrios said:
    THIS makes me happy!!!

Never been to one. But got cousins up there that go every year.  Time to check it out I guess 
    Just be ready for big crowds and little space.

Oh and tons of cosplay!!!  The costumes are my favorite part.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    BLACK35 said:
    My Ian Williams showed up today. Thankfully nothing wrong with it and the best part was no customs :)
    I heard of people that did not get custom charges. Congrats! I think I have a mark on my name that says fuck this guy. 
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    PJNB said:
    BLACK35 said:
    I heard of people that did not get custom charges. Congrats! I think I have a mark on my name that says fuck this guy. 
    Did you get hit with Ian's print too? :o
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:
    BLACK35 said:
    Did you get hit with Ian's print too? :o
    I did not try for that one. Actually went 4 for 5 on the prints I tried for. Emek variant I was not even close. :lol: My wife just saw the damage last night with the CC. Not in a good spot today lol and the customs she has to pay even adds to the fun...
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Did the 2018 Steve Thomas wrigley already drop on his site?  Thanks. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......