Missoula Poster

Comments

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I guess the artist has to eat and capitalized on the known popularity of the print
  • EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    demetrios said:
    gado15 said:
    the barca van orton went as well??
    Yep. Think it was $120.
    And the original drop they were only $90. Guess they wanted to make a little extra off the extras they had left over.
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    edited August 2018
    I am almost glad I didn't get through in time, I saw that it was $150 and was like "Wait, what??"  But if I'd gotten it in my cart I probably would have bought it and freaked out later.  Probably best I didn't have a prayer of getting it.

But it is really weird that the version signed by a BAND MEMBER is 33% CHEAPER!
    Post edited by JH6056 on
  • And now they are pouring onto ebay for 600$'s
    Indianapolis, Indiana 11-24-1991 East Troy, Wisconsin 08-29-1992 West Lafayette, Indiana 03-17-1994 Milwaukee, Wisconsin 07-09-1995 Chicago, Illinois 07-11-1995 East Troy, Wisconsin 06-26-1998 Auburn Hills, Michigan 10-07-2000 Chicago, Illinois 09-23-2002 Noblesville, Indiana 06-22-2003 Toledo, Ohio 10-02-2004 Chicago, Illinois 10-05-2005 Grand Rapids, MI 05-19-2006 Chicago, Illinois 08-02-2007 Chicago, Illinois 08-23-2009 Noblesville, Indiana 05-07-2010 East Troy, Wisconsin 09-03-2011 East Troy, Wisconsin 09-04-2011 Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
  • BRONDOBRONDO Columbus, OH Posts: 397
    MedozK said:
    Hilarious. This was a poster that no one wanted at the show.. it has a little pub in the news and its a grail now for some reason. I would guess that the show versions will be plentiful in the shop because they were not well liked at the show. But you never know, 10C may auction them off one by one to make a little extra bank. 
    There was nothing left after the Missoula show in the merch tent that said Missoula and pearl jam including posters, only pj tour merch
  • MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    +1 for Missoula throwing up Barcelona at same time was sneaky.
    yeah! that confused me!
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    Same here. Easiest AP drop ever. Gifting it to an old friend who went to the show but couldn't get a poster. I could never keep something from a show I didn't attend, doesnt feel right, like wearing someone else's shoes.
    The majority of my posters (20ish) are from show I didn't attend. I feel that the vast majority of gig posters are unattractive; hence, I look for the postera I like. To each their own.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    MedozK said:
    Hilarious. This was a poster that no one wanted at the show.. it has a little pub in the news and its a grail now for some reason. I would guess that the show versions will be plentiful in the shop because they were not well liked at the show. But you never know, 10C may auction them off one by one to make a little extra bank.
    I have no problems with the message, but it's just not that great of a poster.  I picked up one at the show because I was there only, but it's definitely 'meh'.  The flying tractor makes it goofy to me.  
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Missoula S/N prints shipped out from F4D Studios.
  • Arrived in GA. Such a statement about where we are as a country. So powerful.
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    I will be framing mine! 

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

edited September 2018
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    bah

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• demetrios said:
    daddy "is crushing it"!  Hahaha, LOL!
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    whats the ranking of the posters for 2018?  As a not too avid poster collector my opinion is probably not the consensus but I think that even though Mumford Boston, Brown Boston, and Padove were spectacular prints, the Ament/bones signed Missoula given the politics behind it will probably be at the top, right? Wrong?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    whats the ranking of the posters for 2018?  As a not too avid poster collector my opinion is probably not the consensus but I think that even though Mumford Boston, Brown Boston, and Padove were spectacular prints, the Ament/bones signed Missoula given the politics behind it will probably be at the top, right? Wrong?
    This was the best poster of the summer tours, IMO.

mrussel1 said:

Is that klausen? Feel like I’ve seen those circle guys before.  It’s ok.  FF are a complete joke though, in the same realm as Hanson to me, so I was more talking good bands like PJ :)
    mrussel1 said:

Is that klausen? Feel like I’ve seen those circle guys before.  It’s ok.  FF are a complete joke though, in the same realm as Hanson to me, so I was more talking good bands like PJ :)
    Pendelton
    mrussel1 said:

I liked Grohl when he was with his original band... funny that you mentioned them.  

I'd have to say Padova, Mumford Boston or Thomas Chicago were the best of the tour.  Krakow was good, although it was more like the type you'd see at a DMB show than a PJ one.  

Yes!! That’s a great shirt!

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    mrussel1 said:

Just curious... what about the Foo Fighters is a complete joke? 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    mrussel1 said:

Just curious... what about the Foo Fighters is a complete joke? 
    Well Dave grohl, of nirvana fame, went on to make that music.  I feel like he gets his fame from nirvana but ff music is just well, silly sounding.  There goes your heroes, etc.  it’s all just a bit silly to me.  Just can’t get behind their music- their attire is rock, their image is rock, but the music is like pop with distortion and silly lyrics.  Don’t get me wrong, they have a following and do really well obviously but it’s just not my cup of tea- I just see them as kind of silly and youngish focuses or something, I don’t know
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945

Well Dave grohl, of nirvana fame, went on to make that music.  I feel like he gets his fame from nirvana but ff music is just well, silly sounding.  There goes your heroes, etc.  it’s all just a bit silly to me.  Just can’t get behind their music- their attire is rock, their image is rock, but the music is like pop with distortion and silly lyrics.  Don’t get me wrong, they have a following and do really well obviously but it’s just not my cup of tea- I just see them as kind of silly and youngish focuses or something, I don’t know
    I always felt that Dave Grohl earned everything he had.    When the Foo Fighters started, they didn't immediately go to playing arena's/stadium's.    I remember seeing them touring for their 2nd album (Colour and the Shape) in '97 and they were playing the rec centre at the University of British Columbia.  It held something like 1000 people (and that album felt big at the time).   Then again '98 at a Canadian festival called Edgefest, but they were so small they were playing an early afternoon set (before Green Day and a bunch of Canadian Rock bands).  Then in 2000 opening for RHCP.    It wasn't until after that I think they started to be able to sellout arena's on a consistent basic.  It took a lot of touring and few albums under their belt.   They didn't start big, they worked their way to it.   I think Nirvana gave Grohl an initial push, but he had to take that torch and turn it into a bonfire.  It took them a while to get big.  I imagine there was a point where people started to think of Dave Grohl as the singer from Foo Fighters, and not immediately think of him as the drummer from Nirvana.   I bet that's point where they kind of made it.

I agree mostly with the rest.   I like the Foo Fighters but there's only 3 albums I love front to back.  The rest have a few songs on every album I like.   It's ok that they do the the more common thing of playing the same setlist every night.   They have enough songs that I thoroughly enjoy a greatest hits kind of setlist, but only so much I only see a show every few tours.

Good news is they had an awesome print at the show I saw last week:

• MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    I don't like the Foo Fighters much.  But I sure like that Vancouver poster.  Two thumbs up. 
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    Zod said:

I always felt that Dave Grohl earned everything he had.    When the Foo Fighters started, they didn't immediately go to playing arena's/stadium's.    I remember seeing them touring for their 2nd album (Colour and the Shape) in '97 and they were playing the rec centre at the University of British Columbia.  It held something like 1000 people (and that album felt big at the time).   Then again '98 at a Canadian festival called Edgefest, but they were so small they were playing an early afternoon set (before Green Day and a bunch of Canadian Rock bands).  Then in 2000 opening for RHCP.    It wasn't until after that I think they started to be able to sellout arena's on a consistent basic.  It took a lot of touring and few albums under their belt.   They didn't start big, they worked their way to it.   I think Nirvana gave Grohl an initial push, but he had to take that torch and turn it into a bonfire.  It took them a while to get big.  I imagine there was a point where people started to think of Dave Grohl as the singer from Foo Fighters, and not immediately think of him as the drummer from Nirvana.   I bet that's point where they kind of made it.

I agree mostly with the rest.   I like the Foo Fighters but there's only 3 albums I love front to back.  The rest have a few songs on every album I like.   It's ok that they do the the more common thing of playing the same setlist every night.   They have enough songs that I thoroughly enjoy a greatest hits kind of setlist, but only so much I only see a show every few tours.

Good news is they had an awesome print at the show I saw last week:

nice print.

good point about FF. I remember a low point in 98 when they co-headlined with that awful band Tonic in some cities because they just couldn't pull enough fans. I think Howard Stern deserves as much credit as anyone for breaking them with that acoustic version of "EVERLONG".

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298

There is a raffle happening right now for this poster on Lost Dogs. Proceeds to go to Sick Kids Hospital.

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/277180/its-on-missoula-18-poster-up-for-grabs-a-raffle#latest

Signed Jeff & Bobby print from 10club shipped out!

There is a raffle happening right now for this poster on Lost Dogs. Proceeds to go to Sick Kids Hospital.

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/277180/its-on-missoula-18-poster-up-for-grabs-a-raffle#latest

Wonderful!!! :) 
    demetrios said:
    Signed Jeff & Bobby print from 10club shipped out!
    That’s cool! I thought they weren’t shipping until October or something.