'The Home Shows' X 'The Away Shows' Merch

Comments

• I made a trade recently, A Thomas “L” for a. Boston Mumford and the Mumford packaging showed up like this. No fault of the shipper it was packaged correctly.
  • Redrumh2oRedrumh2o Boston, MA Posts: 290
    edited September 2018
    Wow.....that's the worst I've ever seen! Was there a tube in there?

I always use those triangle mailers as well because you cant stack anything on them.....but looks like they found a way!
    Post edited by Redrumh2o on
  • Redrumh2o said:
    Wow.....that's the worst I've ever seen! Was there a tube in there?

I always use those triangle mailers as well because you cant stack anything on them.....but looks like they found a way!
    Yes there was a tube poster was rolled w/ draft paper as well.
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    I made a trade recently, A Thomas “L” for a. Boston Mumford and the Mumford packaging showed up like this. No fault of the shipper it was packaged correctly.
    I'm really sitting here trying to figure out how that happened
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,376
    I made a trade recently, A Thomas “L” for a. Boston Mumford and the Mumford packaging showed up like this. No fault of the shipper it was packaged correctly.
    It looks like it got wet. Once cardboard gets wet it’s over. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• I made a trade recently, A Thomas “L” for a. Boston Mumford and the Mumford packaging showed up like this. No fault of the shipper it was packaged correctly.
    Looks like mailman shoved thru the mail slot in door.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    I bought an XS hoodie in Boston. I had no idea they did this size. Were they selling XS hoodies in Seattle?
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314

Holy cow!!!  :o  :o:o

Did they leave it on your doorstep or you had to sign for this? 
  • demetrios said:

It was signed for and noted as received damaged.

• demetrios said:

It was signed for and noted as received damaged.

You can file a claim with the shipper for its amount. Unfortunately they will only give u what was stated as its value on the invoice. Perhaps those funds can be used to repair/frame it?
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Jesus Christ, that's fucking awful!  How can USPS possibly fuck something up THAT bad??!!!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    21 Whalen variants on ebay.  11 sold and 10 active listings.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    That’s startling. I think we all expect some to make to eBay. But over 20%?
  • SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    nicknyr15 said:
    There are specific bots built for Mondo drops..Google it.  This was inevitable on the Whalen drop.
    Anybody receive their BK Madrid APs?
  • EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    nicknyr15 said:
    Nothing here yet.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    nicknyr15 said:
    Have definitely seen some on Facebook already. Think they arrived Friday for some.
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    edited September 2018
    nicknyr15 said:
    Seattle variant and Madrid arrived Friday unharmed. Northeast 
  • SJD3232 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    There are specific bots built for Mondo drops..Google it.  This was inevitable on the Whalen drop.
    This is correct.

I'm ISO a Whale Variant!
    nicknyr15 said:
    Seattle variant and Madrid arrived Friday unharmed. Northeast 
    I should be getting mine soon then. Awesome. Can’t wait. You didn’t get any shipping confirmation though right?
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Similar thing happened to me except I bought 3 posters off ebay (Fenway Mumford, Williams, Brown) from the same seller.  The seller shipped them all in one tube and my mail deliverer left the tube sticking out of my mailbox in a downpour.  All three have water damage...they can still be framed with likely no one being able to notice on the front of the prints but the backs have noticeable damage, etc.

The post office will give you $50 if you file a claim.  If the shipper bought additional insurance then you can file the claim based off of that...when you file the claim online they can tell if insurance was purchased based on the tracking #.  Definitely file a claim to get your $50.

I am appealing the $50 minimum by stating that it wasn't damaged during shipping...it was damaged by negligence of the deliverer.  Not sure if that will do any good.

Lessons I have learned:
    1. ALWAYS have the seller/shipper purchase additional insurance for the value of the print.  If you go on ebay and see them selling for $200 then get $200 insurance....it's cheap as hell and at least you can replace it if damaged.
    2. When buying from ebay...have the seller ship each print separately so you can at least get $50 for each shipment
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • You will not win that appeal. Weather is considered an “act of god” which USPS is not responsible for.  It’s in their terms and conditions. 

Also, just to clarify something - insurance is the seller’s responsibility and covers their ass, not the buyer’s.  As a buyer you are entitled to the item you payed for in the description it was listed.  If it arrives in any other condition, regardless of why, you are covered by PayPal or your credit card.  There is NO reason to have a seller ship all prints separately to get $50 for each.  The seller should just be responsible and insure the package for its total worth to protect themselves.  If a seller tried to get you to pay for the insurance, don’t do it.  You’re already covered by PayPal.

Again - insurance is to protect the seller, NOT the buyer.  I can’t stress this enough.  If a package comes destroyed and the seller says sorry you didn’t ask for insurance I can only offer you $50, that’s not how it goes.  They are responsible for the delivery of the item as listed.  And honestly as a buyer I would never file a claim with USPS, I consider that to be the seller’s job to get their money back somehow. 

Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • You will not win that appeal. Weather is considered an “act of god” which USPS is not responsible for.  It’s in their terms and conditions. 

Also, just to clarify something - insurance is the seller’s responsibility and covers their ass, not the buyer’s.  As a buyer you are entitled to the item you payed for in the description it was listed.  If it arrives in any other condition, regardless of why, you are covered by PayPal or your credit card.  There is NO reason to have a seller ship all prints separately to get $50 for each.  The seller should just be responsible and insure the package for its total worth to protect themselves.  If a seller tried to get you to pay for the insurance, don’t do it.  You’re already covered by PayPal.

Again - insurance is to protect the seller, NOT the buyer.  I can’t stress this enough.  If a package comes destroyed and the seller says sorry you didn’t ask for insurance I can only offer you $50, that’s not how it goes.  They are responsible for the delivery of the item as listed.  And honestly as a buyer I would never file a claim with USPS, I consider that to be the seller’s job to get their money back somehow. 

Luckly enough the sender is good with us sending each other out posters back.
    edited September 2018
    You will not win that appeal. Weather is considered an “act of god” which USPS is not responsible for.  It’s in their terms and conditions. 

ok but the USPS is sending me a $50 check....and if they would have been sent separately I would get $50 x 3
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

ok but the USPS is sending me a $50 check....and if they would have been sent separately I would get $50 x 3
    And you would have paid triple the shipping or convince the seller to spend extra money. Do it however you want, I personally don’t care. I’m just giving advice to anyone who might not know their rights as a buyer for what they are and are not responsible for when it comes to damaged packages and insurance. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
    You will not win that appeal. Weather is considered an “act of god” which USPS is not responsible for.  It’s in their terms and conditions. 

And you would have paid triple the shipping or convince the seller to spend extra money. Do it however you want, I personally don’t care. I’m just giving advice to anyone who might not know their rights as a buyer for what they are and are not responsible for when it comes to damaged packages and insurance. 
    Yeah I don't mind spending the extra $6 to bump the insurance to $350

• PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited September 2018
    nicknyr15 said:
    Got mine on Friday.  Packed well, no damage.  Brad refunded the shipping cost because of the delay.  Just a great dude.  He didn’t have to do that.  Wasn’t his fault for the printing delay.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Similar thing happened to me except I bought 3 posters off ebay (Fenway Mumford, Williams, Brown) from the same seller.  The seller shipped them all in one tube and my mail deliverer left the tube sticking out of my mailbox in a downpour.  All three have water damage...they can still be framed with likely no one being able to notice on the front of the prints but the backs have noticeable damage, etc.

The post office will give you $50 if you file a claim.  If the shipper bought additional insurance then you can file the claim based off of that...when you file the claim online they can tell if insurance was purchased based on the tracking #.  Definitely file a claim to get your $50.

I am appealing the $50 minimum by stating that it wasn't damaged during shipping...it was damaged by negligence of the deliverer.  Not sure if that will do any good.

Lessons I have learned:
    1. ALWAYS have the seller/shipper purchase additional insurance for the value of the print.  If you go on ebay and see them selling for $200 then get $200 insurance....it's cheap as hell and at least you can replace it if damaged.
    2. When buying from ebay...have the seller ship each print separately so you can at least get $50 for each shipment
    Sorry to but in and I’m sure I missed something, but did you return it to the eBay seller?  Even if they don’t accept returns you’re covered for the full sum because it didn’t arrive as expected.  It’s sucks for the seller, but that’s how it is.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    PP193448 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Got mine on Friday.  Packed well, no damage.  Brad refunded the shipping cost because of the delay.  Just a great dude.  He didn’t have to do that.  Wasn’t his fault for the printing delay.
    Did you get a Seattle poster from him too? 
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited September 2018
    RP112579 said:
    PP193448 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Did you get a Seattle poster from him too? 
    Hasn’t been delivered yet, unless it’s in the same tube.  Didn’t take it out, but the receipt only had the Madrid on it.  It was in much wider tube than normal.  Maybe the Seattle AP is in there too.  Will check after work.
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville