'The Home Shows' X 'The Away Shows' Merch

Comments

• Scored an AP!

"words and music...keep me floating along" - Jeff Ament
    Tor 93 - Tor 96 - Barrie 98 - Tor 00 - Buffalo 03 - Tor 03 - Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Tor - 05 - Tor 06 - EV Massey Hall I & II Tor 09, Chicago 09, Cleveland 10, Buffalo 10, Tor I & II 2011 - Hamilton 2011 - Vancouver 2011 - Wrigley 13 - Buffalo 13 - Ottawa 16 - Toronto I & II 2016 Fenway 2016 Night 2 - Wrigley 18 I & II - Hamilton & Toronto 2022
  • SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,440
    I tried for a Whalen and lost, sold out so fast.
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Same shit different day.  In cart but PayPal couldn’t process fast enough 
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • TM307021TM307021 Raleigh, NC Posts: 42
    got the ap! I like the red better

Raleigh - 2003

MSG NYC 1&2 - 2016

Fenway 2 - 2016

Seattle 2 - 2018

Missoula - 2018

• NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 204
    Got myself a Whalen AP, really the one I wanted the most from those Boston shows. Going to put it up right under the Williams that came in the mail yesterday (as long as my wife let's me)!
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,292
    Missed the Whalen variant.  I really wanted that one.  The colors are great.
  • Variant was insane. I can usually at least cart. Not today
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • mwplummwplum Posts: 1,501

If anyone bought a variant to trade I'd really like to discuss. Wanted to frame this beside Vancouver 2009 for my son's room.

1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • This was definitely a bot heavy site.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    KS80184 said:
    Klausen Seattle arrived damaged :( - hate to say it because of poor packaging 
    Mine arrived today safely but I can see how they’re getting damaged. The tube isn’t the problem, it’s that he isn’t rolling smaller than the width of the tube and taping the paper to make it more like a “paper tube” inside the tube. When the print is rolled and then put in the tube and allowed to expand so the paper is flush with the tube walls, it allows the print to get loose and slide around. That’s where edge and corner damage can unintentionally come from. Mine was fine but it definitely moved around a bunch. 
    Exactly.  Gotta get the posters to expand out so that they stay up against the wall vs. sliding near the ends of the tubes.  The tube within the tube is worse when they use the flimsy craft paper that won't hold up to any sort of movement against the ends (I tend to use a 3m paper that's more like the consistency of a paper grocery bag when I ship trades).
    I think Mickey Mouse was saying the opposite. You do want the print rolled tighter than the diameter of the tube to avoid the sliding around (if it expands to the tube width) and potentially damaging the print if the tube gets dented. As long as the paper around the poster is longer, there is a “buffer” if it shifts from end to end in the tube so that the edges of the print remain untouched. 
  • Redrumh2oRedrumh2o Boston, MA Posts: 290
    It was in the 2nd row on the "New Stuff" page.
    *Facepalm Emoji*

I had the screen so I could only see the first row...assuming it would pop up in front
  • Cool Variant, but missed it.  Not sure I could have physically done anything different though. Bots be fast.
    If anyone missed out on the Whalen AP or variant.  I should have an extra show edition available.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    NDJeff7 said:
    Got myself a Whalen AP, really the one I wanted the most from those Boston shows. Going to put it up right under the Williams that came in the mail yesterday (as long as my wife let's me)!
    Underrated poster. It looks awesome in person and it’s got an old school gig poster vibe to it. Man, Fenway had the best batch of posters by far. 
    Variant was insane. I can usually at least cart. Not today
    Got it in the cart but it sold out while I was trying to check out.
    If anyone has buyer's remorse on the variant, I am interested in it.
  • bbiggs said:
    KS80184 said:
    Klausen Seattle arrived damaged :( - hate to say it because of poor packaging 
    Mine arrived today safely but I can see how they’re getting damaged. The tube isn’t the problem, it’s that he isn’t rolling smaller than the width of the tube and taping the paper to make it more like a “paper tube” inside the tube. When the print is rolled and then put in the tube and allowed to expand so the paper is flush with the tube walls, it allows the print to get loose and slide around. That’s where edge and corner damage can unintentionally come from. Mine was fine but it definitely moved around a bunch. 
    Exactly.  Gotta get the posters to expand out so that they stay up against the wall vs. sliding near the ends of the tubes.  The tube within the tube is worse when they use the flimsy craft paper that won't hold up to any sort of movement against the ends (I tend to use a 3m paper that's more like the consistency of a paper grocery bag when I ship trades).
    I think Mickey Mouse was saying the opposite. You do want the print rolled tighter than the diameter of the tube to avoid the sliding around (if it expands to the tube width) and potentially damaging the print if the tube gets dented. As long as the paper around the poster is longer, there is a “buffer” if it shifts from end to end in the tube so that the edges of the print remain untouched. 
    Correct. That’s always been my philosophy and how I expect prints to ship and how I ship them as well.  Gotta leave a buffer.  Some will argue against this but I respectfully disagree. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • ISO Variant!
  • 2 up on ebay from obvious professional resellers.

Bot heavy site.  We never had a chance...
  • NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 204
    nicknyr15 said:
    NDJeff7 said:
    Underrated poster. It looks awesome in person and it’s got an old school gig poster vibe to it. Man, Fenway had the best batch of posters by far. 
    Yeah, when I saw a pic of the Williams I wasn't overly loving it. But when it came yesterday and I opened it up, I have to admit that it looks pretty awesome. It's so hard to really decide how great some of these posters are by looking at them on a computer.
  • nicknyr15 said:
    NDJeff7 said:
    They really did. To think I didn’t like the Whalen at first glance and it ended up being in my top 3 after a day of reconsidering. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I was able to cart both pretty easily.  Didn't attempt checking out though bc I don't have $$ to buy one nor was I interested.  Just trying to see if I was fast enough to even cart a variant, lol. (Gotta practice, ya know!)  Was able to cart a regular for a good 2 minutes.
  • Always go to the shop page. Easy to find there.
    +1 on the variant
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    nicknyr15 said:
    NDJeff7 said:
    They really did. To think I didn’t like the Whalen at first glance and it ended up being in my top 3 after a day of reconsidering. 
    Same thing happened to me with this and the wicked witch. At first I though ....no. I ended up loving both. The first two I framed and hung up. 
  • I was able to cart both pretty easily.  Didn't attempt checking out though bc I don't have $$ to buy one nor was I interested.  Just trying to see if I was fast enough to even cart a variant, lol. (Gotta practice, ya know!)  Was able to cart a regular for a good 2 minutes.
    Wouldn't have mattered.  I did the same thing and ZERO....
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    This was definitely a bot heavy site.
    Same site as shopping site as Emek.  Same result.  Lost at payment and I got there in about 3 seconds
  • I was able to cart both pretty easily.  Didn't attempt checking out though bc I don't have $$ to buy one nor was I interested.  Just trying to see if I was fast enough to even cart a variant, lol. (Gotta practice, ya know!)  Was able to cart a regular for a good 2 minutes.
    Too bad that means nothing on most of these sites though.  Had Variant in cart as well...grats to those who got 'em!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I was able to cart both pretty easily.  Didn't attempt checking out though bc I don't have $$ to buy one nor was I interested.  Just trying to see if I was fast enough to even cart a variant, lol. (Gotta practice, ya know!)  Was able to cart a regular for a good 2 minutes.
    We're gonna have to start writing our own bots!
  • Got an AP too. The variant was cool but I didn’t wanna risk not getting one at all. We bought the Klausen st the show cause that’s what my girlfriend wanted but this was the one I really liked.
  • RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    I got all the way to credit card security code and then my screen just froze and I couldn't type.
    We're gonna have to start writing our own bots!
    Next drop I'm hiring a 15yo to make me one.  Seriously.