New guitar recommendations

hey guys,

I am in the market for a new guitar.  I currently have a Nashville deluxe telecaster and a 92 SRV strat. I am looking for something with humbuckers. I run those through an older modified hot rod deluxe. I had an Ltd ec 1000 with emgs and it was way to nasty (heavy metal) for me.  But the guitar felt great. Is a Gibson worth the money? Or an ESP ec 1000 with humbuckers for nearly 1000 bucks. 

Comments

• My recommendation is to decide on a budget, go to your local guitar store (guitarcenter if it has to be) and just pull all the bucker guitars off the wall and play them. Pick the one that feels the best. Gibson is extremely hit or miss these days, and in my experience way more miss (at least under $4k.) I had one of those Vintage Mahogany Studio LPs for about a decade and never really liked it all that much. Found a weird Hofner model at my local shop for $350 and the difference in playability is night and day. 
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    I like Gibson guitars but I have ended up selling every one I owned. They hold their value well and the Les Paul and SG are staples of rock and roll for good reason.

Personally, I choose guitars by how they fit me and how they feel. Only way to know is to play them.

The good news is that we have a lot of options these days. Don't rush into something but take your time choosing. You'll know the right one when you find it.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • It’s just so hard where I live. The nearest GC is over an hour away and the local guitar shop closed down due to lack of business. Has anyone played an ESP EC 1000 with buckers?
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    I have and I really like them. ESP makes some excellent guitars. Some of them should cost more than they do based on features and terrific fit and finish.

EC-1000 would be pretty high on my list if I were in the market .
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV