Options

Thank you Fenway security!

Thanks for doing a great job of keeping out those scammers who were trying to get into our section (A4) without a ticket on
Tuesday night. It's just great when people try to sneak friends into a row they don't belong in. All it took was one text and they
responded within a minute checking tickets in our row and giving the grifters and their oversized poster tubes the boot!

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    Good deal....how did you know who to text?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    1-800-NOGRIFTERS

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    I could tell there was going to be a problem before the show started so I googled Fenway Park security looking 
    for a phone number to call and found that they have a text number which was even better. I waited a couple of songs
    into the show to confirm they had no intention of leaving and sent the text. Couldn't believe how fast they showed up to handle
    the situation
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    It happens at all shows

they are usually over the top drunks

if they play it cool I don’t care much
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    theflagem said:
    I could tell there was going to be a problem before the show started so I googled Fenway Park security looking 
    for a phone number to call and found that they have a text number which was even better. I waited a couple of songs
    into the show to confirm they had no intention of leaving and sent the text. Couldn't believe how fast they showed up to handle
    the situation
    That's awesome.  Nothing shittier than refugees in your seating area.  The seats were narrow enough.  The chick next to me was not big by any means but she took over about half of my area for some reason.  My wife had a similar issue on her side so we were pissed off half the night.  No refugees....just seat hogs.

I had that issue at Soldier Field when we saw GNR a few years ago.  We had a front row of a floor section about 3/4 of the way back on the floor.  A dude and two chicks just parked their asses right in front of us like they owned the place.  I grabbed a security guy to move them but they came back....then the guy got pissed at us for not wanting them there.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,922
    They were pretty lax on the turf, I thought.  There were a couple occasions when I hadn't even got the tix pulled up on my phone and they just waved me through.  Glad to hear that were responding so quickly to the problems.  
  • Options
    Security guy told me to put my joint out in B5 during GTF on Tuesday. I tried telling him the show just started but he didn’t seem to care. 
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 205
    They were really lax on the turf. I was with my wife and took a screenshot of the 2nd ticket and just texted it to her, so she'd have it in case she needed to go to the bathroom, etc. But I was thinking, if I had a buddy sitting in another part of the stadium, what would prevent me from texting him a screenshot of the ticket and him just showing that to get down to my turf seats?
  • Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,340
    edited September 2018
    They were pretty lax on the turf, I thought.  There were a couple occasions when I hadn't even got the tix pulled up on my phone and they just waved me through.  Glad to hear that were responding so quickly to the problems.  
    Disagreed. I sat on the turf on night 2. In the hallway out to the field I had my ticket checked twice and then 2 times more on the field. Felt like I was entering Fort Knox.
  • Options
    NDJeff7 said:
    They were really lax on the turf. I was with my wife and took a screenshot of the 2nd ticket and just texted it to her, so she'd have it in case she needed to go to the bathroom, etc. But I was thinking, if I had a buddy sitting in another part of the stadium, what would prevent me from texting him a screenshot of the ticket and him just showing that to get down to my turf seats?

It was done.
  • Options
    I don't know why they didn't also use wristbands for the turf seats, they could have have different colors sections A, B etc.

• Options
    NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 205
    NDJeff7 said:

It was done.
    I was thinking, that with the tickets just on your phone it's actually easier for people to sneak their friends in and out of the good seats. I was really surprised that there were no wristbands of any sort.
  • Options
    Security guy told me to put my joint out in B5 during GTF on Tuesday. I tried telling him the show just started but he didn’t seem to care. 

You're lucky that's all that happened.

My friend got tossed for smoking a J on Sunday (but it was during RITFW so he wasn't too worried about it).

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625

My friend got tossed for smoking a J on Sunday (but it was during RITFW so he wasn't too worried about it).

People smoke throughout almost every show I go to.  @Fenway 1, I smelled weed for about every song.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,633

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,633
    :)
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Ha!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

People smoke throughout almost every show I go to.  @Fenway 1, I smelled weed for about every song.

almost got tossed for smoking a vape. (no weed just nicotine)

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,786
    Security did a great job at the merch booth at gate A also. Sunday night people tried cutting the whole time and security were tossing them to the back. Tuesday they set up the zig zag rope thing to block that shit from happening. 
  • Options
    while we are at it, I would like to thanks the TSA agent at the Newark airport for molesting me during a "pat down".

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    lolobugg said:
    while we are at it, I would like to thanks the TSA agent at the Newark airport for molesting me during a "pat down".
    It was Newark.  No disrespect to those here, but I found Newark to be like flying into hell.  Not surprised.  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    deadendp said:Newa
    lolobugg said:
    It was Newark.  No disrespect to those here, but I found Newark to be like flying into hell.  Not surprised.  
    Newark is terrible.  For the past five years I try to fly out of philly.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options

As did I, but that doesn’t change the fact that my friend got tossed for smoking at Fenway 1, and I’m surprised to hear a guard was cool enough to just tell someone to “put it out.”
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,254

Huh. I swear, two security guys decided to come watch part of the show in our section, and they stank of weed when they left.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    seanwonseanwon Posts: 284

As did I, but that doesn’t change the fact that my friend got tossed for smoking at Fenway 1, and I’m surprised to hear a guard was cool enough to just tell someone to “put it out.”
    My Cousin was caught in the Pavilion Club section smoking a J and Security told him to "put it out, smoking isn't allowed here".  Then turned and walked away, without making sure he did.
    1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    2016: 5/2 MSG 2,   8/5 Fenway 1,  11/7 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2018: 9/2 Fenway 1
    2020: 3/30 MSG             2022: 9/11 MSG            2023: 9/10 Noblesville
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    Having lived my entire life here, I am stunned the title of this thread was not intended to be sarcastic.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    seanwon said:

My Cousin was caught in the Pavilion Club section smoking a J and Security told him to "put it out, smoking isn't allowed here".  Then turned and walked away, without making sure he did.
    I believe it, I had no problem smoking either night, but I still tried to be discreet about it. Some security guards are cooler than others. 
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    That’s why I love the west coast. The security guards smell like weed. 
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,922
    We had no issues with joints. Just cupped it and tried to be discreet.  I fee like as long as you're not putting it right out there, they'll give you a pass.  The security guy in our area (facing the stage, to the right of B6) was walking up and down the aisle singing his lungs out.  He was clearly a fan and having a great time.  
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Security did a great job at the merch booth at gate A also. Sunday night people tried cutting the whole time and security were tossing them to the back. Tuesday they set up the zig zag rope thing to block that shit from happening. 
    I think I was in that line...was it the bald guy that was screaming at people and tossing f bombs?