'The Home Shows' X 'The Away Shows' Merch

Comments

• Down to S or M about 45 minutes ago. 
  • JH171442 said:
    Down to S or M about 45 minutes ago. 
    Still looking for a medium if anyone can help 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    JH171442 said:
    same here....these shirts are so hard to come by!
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    JH171442 said:
    I saw someone wearing a black tee with your exact Mickey avatar walking around the lines earlier. Was that you? Just curious! That would be wild.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • schappschapp Posts: 160

I saw a guy with three poster tubes.  I just wanted one being first time there for PJ and got none.  gets me angry.

Looking to buy any Fenway posters!

That was probably me. Those have the 4 posters I was able to score out of luck yesterday inside Fenway. Just happened to stay with a friend and went to get my set list shirt before heading back to my hotel.

They were not enforcing 2 per. Had most of the shirts (but not in all sizes,) no posters or stickers
    So fucked up. I bet the merch ppl want to go home.

That was messed up. I saw people taking way more thab 2 shirts, and L and above were marked sold out as I bought my one Medium around 1.50pm. At that time, line had probably about 30 people.
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    Jackson print showed up today.  Boy is she purdy in person.  
  • JH171442 said:
    I saw someone wearing a black tee with your exact Mickey avatar walking around the lines earlier. Was that you? Just curious! That would be wild.
    Hah no.  If I was there I would've picked up a shirt for myself.  I had to leave to come back home right after the show last night.  Actually saw a few people last night with that shirt tho!
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
    schapp said:

I saw a guy with three poster tubes.  I just wanted one being first time there for PJ and got none.  gets me angry.

That was probably me. Those have the 4 posters I was able to score out of luck yesterday inside Fenway. Just happened to stay with a friend and went to get my set list shirt before heading back to my hotel.

They were not enforcing 2 per. Had most of the shirts (but not in all sizes,) no posters or stickers

That was messed up. I saw people taking way more thab 2 shirts, and L and above were marked sold out as I bought my one Medium around 1.50pm. At that time, line had probably about 30 people.
    I really considered going over the 2 per person limit to pick up shirts for people here but I felt bad for everyone still standing in line. Most people self regulated and only bought 2 from what I saw, but there were definitely others with more.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    schapp said:

I really considered going over the 2 per person limit to pick up shirts for people here but I felt bad for everyone still standing in line. Most people self regulated and only bought 2 from what I saw, but there were definitely others with more.
    Dude in Seattle walked out with a box full.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
    Horse2345 said:
    schapp said:

That was a rumor corrected - the merch ppl gave him a box to hold all the stuff he purchased. It wasn’t full of setlist shirts.
  • Horse2345 said:
    schapp said:

That was a rumor corrected - the merch ppl gave him a box to hold all the stuff he purchased. It wasn’t full of setlist shirts.
    I watched a guy told "No More!!!"  He literally had a dozen shirts.
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    Horse2345 said:
    schapp said:

Sure looked like it was full to me. 
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • For what its worth, Boston n1 I asked if I could have one of the empty card boxes and the guy was really nice and said "yeah sure, just dont tell anyone you got it from me" I said "oh, are you not allowed to give them out?"  and he said "no it's okay, but some of these guys set them aside and bring them home to sell on Ebay so they'll just be pissed at me. But since you just spent that much money here, if you want a goddamn box you can have it." I was happy that I got the box but in the back of my mind I wondered if this was going on with other stuff which bummed me out because I got shut out on the 2 posters I wanted the most. Luckily for me though friends of mine were able to snag me the 2 posters. But it just sucks to think that it's not managed a little better or that there aren't more rules for the vendors. I get that its probably not the most high paying job in the world but I toured with bands selling merch and never even thought of doing that. If at the end of the tour there were things still left in my size I might snag a couple things for myself with permission. But that was like 15, 16yrs ago. Different times I guess..
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,640
    thevachon said:
    For what its worth, Boston n1 I asked if I could have one of the empty card boxes and the guy was really nice and said "yeah sure, just dont tell anyone you got it from me" I said "oh, are you not allowed to give them out?"  and he said "no it's okay, but some of these guys set them aside and bring them home to sell on Ebay so they'll just be pissed at me. But since you just spent that much money here, if you want a goddamn box you can have it." I was happy that I got the box but in the back of my mind I wondered if this was going on with other stuff which bummed me out because I got shut out on the 2 posters I wanted the most. Luckily for me though friends of mine were able to snag me the 2 posters. But it just sucks to think that it's not managed a little better or that there aren't more rules for the vendors. I get that its probably not the most high paying job in the world but I toured with bands selling merch and never even thought of doing that. If at the end of the tour there were things still left in my size I might snag a couple things for myself with permission. But that was like 15, 16yrs ago. Different times I guess..
    I got to the park around 430. I had a handful of people in front of me at gate A so I decided to wait until 5. I figured YES I’ll definitely get myself a Mumford. I ended up first after security at about 450. Right in front of the device to scan my phone. Gates open, the scanner doesn’t work. Unbelievable. Went through another scanner and still only had about 15-19 people in front of me. So I still was happy thinking I’m def getting a Mumford. As I looked over at the stack I realized I had no chance. The stack was soooooo slim compared to the other 4. How? Why?  Oh well. I had no chance. Everyone bought 2. Even couples went separately to buy 2 each. I only wasted 40 min of my time but it was still so odd to me just how thin that pile was. I quickly thought, do people on the inside take a bunch fir themselves? Nahhhhhh. Hmmm. Maybe. Anyone have any answers? Shouldn’t there be an equal amount of each poster? 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    thevachon said:
    For what its worth, Boston n1 I asked if I could have one of the empty card boxes and the guy was really nice and said "yeah sure, just dont tell anyone you got it from me" I said "oh, are you not allowed to give them out?"  and he said "no it's okay, but some of these guys set them aside and bring them home to sell on Ebay so they'll just be pissed at me. But since you just spent that much money here, if you want a goddamn box you can have it." I was happy that I got the box but in the back of my mind I wondered if this was going on with other stuff which bummed me out because I got shut out on the 2 posters I wanted the most. Luckily for me though friends of mine were able to snag me the 2 posters. But it just sucks to think that it's not managed a little better or that there aren't more rules for the vendors. I get that its probably not the most high paying job in the world but I toured with bands selling merch and never even thought of doing that. If at the end of the tour there were things still left in my size I might snag a couple things for myself with permission. But that was like 15, 16yrs ago. Different times I guess..
    Unfortunately this sort of stuff happens all the time. Bartenders would take empty bottles of rare bourbon (or other expensive spirits) home and sell them on eBay. Contributed to a big bootlegging problem - people would buy the bottles, fill with cheap bourbon, and resell for big bucks. Many bars have a policy to smash the bottles as a result.

Best you can hope for is good oversight and consequences. People can be scavengers. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    thevachon said:
    I got to the park around 430. I had a handful of people in front of me at gate A so I decided to wait until 5. I figured YES I’ll definitely get myself a Mumford. I ended up first after security at about 450. Right in front of the device to scan my phone. Gates open, the scanner doesn’t work. Unbelievable. Went through another scanner and still only had about 15-19 people in front of me. So I still was happy thinking I’m def getting a Mumford. As I looked over at the stack I realized I had no chance. The stack was soooooo slim compared to the other 4. How? Why?  Oh well. I had no chance. Everyone bought 2. Even couples went separately to buy 2 each. I only wasted 40 min of my time but it was still so odd to me just how thin that pile was. I quickly thought, do people on the inside take a bunch fir themselves? Nahhhhhh. Hmmm. Maybe. Anyone have any answers? Shouldn’t there be an equal amount of each poster? 
    Which day? Sunday I was also lined up at 5 at A. I didn’t have a scanner issue but was able to grab a Mumford fast, relatively big stack. Went to check on the hubs, who rushed a different stand, told him I got one. Also a decent amount of Mumfords at his stand. Since I had one he left his position and we went to our seats.

Sorry to hear you had bad luck though. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    thevachon said:
    Which day? Sunday I was also lined up at 5 at A. I didn’t have a scanner issue but was able to grab a Mumford fast, relatively big stack. Went to check on the hubs, who rushed a different stand, told him I got one. Also a decent amount of Mumfords at his stand. Since I had one he left his position and we went to our seats.

Yesterday. 
  • RedMosquitoSmile28RedMosquitoSmile28 Posts: 274
    edited September 2018
    nicknyr15 said:
    thevachon said:

I was right in front at Gate A yesterday, too, Actually went in the side where they opened the garage doors that no one else realized exsisted. I was lined up to get right through. I guess I didn't go quick enough and there was already a line at the stand straight ahead but not a huge one. That stack was super thin but everyone bought two like you said. Ran out literally two people before me. They even sold the display. I kind of feel two per person in the venue and maybe overall stinks, but it is what it is. 
  • Hey jammers,

It was a great tour, let's hope for an auditorium tour in 19. 

Anyone seeing any good shows this fall? We are going to Forest Hills to see the The National. We are also seeing Dinosaur Jr. in a small club in Hamden, CT. Checking out Low Cut Connie also.

Take care...Jay
    nicknyr15 said:
    thevachon said:

I was right in front at Gate A yesterday, too, Actually went in the side where they opened the garage doors that no one else realized exsisted. I was lined up to get right through. I guess I didn't go quick enough and there was already a line at the stand straight ahead but not a huge one. That stack was super thin but everyone bought two like you said. Ran out literally two people before me. They even sold the display. I kind of feel two per person in the venue and maybe overall stinks, but it is what it is. 
    It’s just weird that there were so few compared to the other few. 
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,292
    How many people bought the citgo sign Vedder shirt?  As soon as EV held it up at the show last night I told they guy next to me that those shirts were going to sell out tonight.

On the walk to the train, we saw people fighting to buy the shirt from the dude selling them out of his van.  
    (I did not buy one)
  • nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    thevachon said:

It’s just weird that there were so few compared to the other few. 
    To give the benefit of the doubt there, it was the most popular poster and the last night after being sold every day since Friday. There weren't a whole lot of the other posters at that stand either, but the Mumford was as small of a stack as you're going to see it seems.
    PJ-Cubs said:
    How many people bought the citgo sign Vedder shirt?  As soon as EV held it up at the show last night I told they guy next to me that those shirts were going to sell out tonight.

On the walk to the train, we saw people fighting to buy the shirt from the dude selling them out of his van.  
    (I did not buy one)
    Too funny!! Walking over the bridge after N1, thought oh that’s a funny shirt, no one was buying them. Same vendors on the bridge after N2 were selling them like hot cakes. Big smiles on their faces. 

Saw a lot more ppl with that shirt walking around after N2. :lol:
  • hepcatpunkhepcatpunk Posts: 174
    edited September 2018
    Shout out to @OceansJenny for grabbing a few small things for me at cost+shipping.  Awesome act of kindness!
    Post edited by hepcatpunk on
  • PJ-Cubs said:

(I did not buy one)
    I didn't buy one because I like the whole band and not just one individual.

But hey, that's just me.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    update on Steve Thomas AP Chicago - today

Hi,

Thanks for the email. I printed all of the shipping labels at once, but wasn't able to finish packing the tubes before I left for the weekend. Which means there are about 50 left to send out - yours included. I will get them out today or tomorrow.
    Steve

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Where is my Seattle @bradklausen AP?
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Hey jammers,

It was a great tour, let's hope for an auditorium tour in 19. 

Anyone seeing any good shows this fall? We are going to Forest Hills to see the The National. We are also seeing Dinosaur Jr. in a small club in Hamden, CT. Checking out Low Cut Connie also.

Take care...Jay
    Wish Dino Jr was headed our way, but Low Cut Connie rocks and I'll be seeing them soon, too. Murder By Death, Lucero, Clutch, Carl Broemel all on the docket over the next couple months.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,415
    Thank you @BLACK35 for helping me with my addiction!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • nicknyr15 said:
    thevachon said:

I was about 20 deep at Gate B (and there were 4 lines of people so figure 80 deep) on Tuesday and had no issues getting a Mumford when I got in.